PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yep, that clinches it: Bengals re-signing Chris Henry

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow may be an understatement. There was talk that the FO may bring him back despite Lewis's disapproval. NFL seriously needs to do something about that organization.

WTF (what the frig?), that is crazy. Way to make a statement.

And how much heat did the Pats take for Spygate, a relatively minor error?

I ain't no Pats fan, but I can't stand it how ESPN, Goodell, etc. won't even be turning an eye to a horrible FO that would resign Henry.

Smart move by the Bengals.

I like these stories ... I somehow think it moves us down a peg or two on the media revengo-meter.

This desperate move means one thing - They KNOW that Chad Johnson's injury is very serious and he will be out quite a while - no other reason for them to take back this convict

I hear they have been privately working out OJ Simpson just in case the charges against him in Vegas doesn't stick.

This must mean Chad Johnson is gone for a long while if they are this desperate.

It is funny. I have checked out some of the Bengals boards and a sizable number of people are welcoming Henry back with open arms. I wonder how many of them took the moral high ground with Belichick and all the Spygate stuff.

Smart move by the Bengals.

Nah! From a pure talent standpoint, yes. But I think the team chemistry and players respect for Marvin Lewis are going to take a huge hit. The Bengals desperately need some maturity and leadership on the team and Henry is the antithesis of that. Lewis was so adament about not taking back Henry that now that he is doing it because of desperation is definitely going to make him a laughing stock around the league and probably in the locker room.

I think this could be one of the final death nails in Lewis' coffin.

Bengals, most likely team to appear in the next "longest yard" movie....

Nah! From a pure talent standpoint, yes. But I think the team chemistry and players respect for Marvin Lewis are going to take a huge hit. The Bengals desperately need some maturity and leadership on the team and Henry is the antithesis of that. Lewis was so adament about not taking back Henry that now that he is doing it because of desperation is definitely going to make him a laughing stock around the league and probably in the locker room.

Exactly. It's not that nobody should give Henry a chance, it's that the Bengals made a big show of cutting him loose as a statement of new-found principles. They were changing their culture, showing that a certain standard of behavior was required in their organization, etc. etc. This makes them look flat-out terrible, and has to lose them any last shred of respect that high-character vets might have still held.

wow may be an understatement. There was talk that the FO may bring him back despite Lewis's disapproval. NFL seriously needs to do something about that organization.

i respect the bengals' right to be stupid, and i humbly suggest the NFL stay out of team franchise decisions.

This has got to be strictly a Chad Johnson's-shoulder-injury-could-be-serious thing. If it's not, well, they all need some sort of psych-evaluation.

So, from the sound of this, it appears that the Bengals will be leaning toward the Black & White striped uniforms, rather than the Orange and Black, eh? :rolleyes:

Nice way of dealing with that "culture of corruption" up there.

Hypocrites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey