Welcome to PatsFans.com

Yeah, this pretty much confirms everything

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Jan 31, 2009.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

"The Third Reich didn't lose World War II. It merely changed venues."

"The enslavement will not be with guns, but by money."
    -- Michael C. Ruppert...

For the purposes of this message board, and many others like it -- where unwitting Empire loyalists have trumpeted "success" and "victory" at every turn, and arrogantly/ignorantly denied a deeper, more sinister agenda behind it all -- it has been bittersweet to see one aspect after another, after another of our roadmap come true. Peak oil, Caspian ambitions and draw down from Afghanistan, Iraq fraud, election hijacking, the Patriot Act, erosion of civil liberties, wiretapping, torture, corruption of the Justice Dept., gold price suppression, the fraudulent "war on terror," the convenient deaths of witnesses and whistleblowers, controlled economic collapse, and on and on and on. ... Correct at every turn. ... And all of it leading toward a very real (yet very subtle) push for a New World Order, a one-world currency (and planet-wide "dieoff") ... But we're all "craaaaaaaaazy" to think such "nonsense." ... Yes, of course...

It was predicted last summer that the cards of the global elite would have to be shown very soon... After the inauguration of the next U.S. president, of course...

So, with that... ladies and gentlemen, I give you this:

Germany, UK urge global economic overseer

By Mike Dolan and Stella Dawson

DAVOS, Switzerland (Reuters) - Germany and Britain called on Friday for a global economic watchdog with strengthened powers to prevent rather than react to financial crises that can spiral into worldwide recession.

Cooperation amongst international financial institutions has failed to ward off the worst financial crisis in decades and a new charter should be forged, German Chancellor Angela Merkel told the World Economic Forum in this Swiss ski resort.

"This may even lead to a U.N. Economic Council, just as the Security Council was created after the Second World War," she said.

While she spoke, business leaders and financial policymakers met behind closed doors at Davos to lay the groundwork for new regulatory structures and seek consensus on shaping a global response to the economic and financial shocks.

... <snip>
    (UK's Gordon) Brown warned against a protectionist retreat into "financial mercantilism" which would leave the world poorer and ultimately lead to more traditional forms of trade barriers.

For all the political rhetoric on the need to avoid protectionism, there was little sign that trade ministers attending Davos were approaching a breakthrough in the long-stalled Doha Round of world trade talks. They were due to meet again Friday evening and into the weekend.

The United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon outlined multiple shocks absorbed by the world's poorest over the past year -- soaring energy and food prices and now a credit freeze.

and...

Russian prime minister Vladimir Putin
    calls for end of dollar stranglehold

Russian prime minister Vladimir Putin has called for concerted action to break the stranglehold of the US dollar and create a new global structure of regional powers.

(Telegraph.co.uk) "The one reserve currency has become a danger to the world economy: that is now obvious to everybody," he said in a speech at the World Economic Forum.

It is the first time that a Russian leader has set foot in the sanctum sanctorum of global capitalism at Davos.

Mr Putin said the leading powers should ensure an "irreversible" move towards a system of multiple reserve currencies, questioning the "reliability" of the US dollar as a safe store of value. "The pride of Wall Street investment banks don't exist any more," he said.

... <snip>

Mr Putin said: "We are witnessing a truly global crisis. The speed of developments beats every record, and the strategic difference from the Great Depression is that under globalisation this touches everyone. This has multiplied the destructive force. It looks exactly like the perfect storm."
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I don't blame the UK and Russia or any one else for being fearful about reliance on the US dollar. Our currency will soon not be worth the paper it's printed on. Our soaring debt combined with the instability of our markets and our inability to make anything other than war and imaginary "wealth" is becoming apparent to everyone around the world. Once the Chinese decide to stop propping us up by buying our treasury bills, we will be on an island.

This our own fault. For too long we have left ourselves open to this reaction by building our future out of paper instead of actually preparing for it with sound, long-reaching policies for energy and manufacturing (which are closely interconnected). Instead we have made an economy based on service, glutony and imaginary investments. A lot has to change FAST or we'll find ourselves scrambling for reasons for the rest of the world to believe in us again. In this regard, Obama can't be radical enough, IMO.
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +306 / 4 / -2

This might actually be a good thing. When the powers that be decide for the people that we're going to join into some global government, taxpaying americans will revolt, and this country, or maybe parts of it, will be able to start anew.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +334 / 1 / -9

Obama Is White
  5. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Sometimes I wonder if revolt really matters any more. The police state can effectively crush rebellion any time it wants. It's not like the pitchfork and torches days.
  6. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

What a joke that the future economic system will be crafted by the UK and US. Sorry, but any future global framework will need to be worked out with Russia, China, India, and Brazil. The UK can pretend it is still a superpower, but it is a tiny island wishing it was still an empire.

Also, the US military is already enabled to suppress us domestically. Everything is laid out for when the US empire falls in the coming months/years.
  7. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Notice, however, that no one from the Obama administration attended the Davos conference...
  8. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Who would listen to the reason for the global economic meltdown? Also, of course we didn't attend given all the pro-Israeli slant during that economic forum, it would be too obvious when the US sides with Israel after Israel starts WWIII. Don't worry, we will do whatever our Israeli "friends" want. Obama's brain and ears are Rahm, the Israeli terrorist I mean 'counter-terrorist'
  9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

Just like you Mav to spite your own country. Just remember, the United States of America is not our government, it's poeple like you & I. So why continue to rip our people?
  10. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

PR somewhere in the past 50 years this government stopped representing "the people". This nation is run by corporations, lobbyists, and military firms... basically our government is bought and represents those with money and power. American democracy is a SCAM, a lie.

This is not my government. I am a proud American and love fellow American people, but I absolutely despise our government, am embarrassed by its actions, and feel disenfranchised as a voter.

You may not see what PC is talking about, but the moment our own government military starts oppressing and controlling its citizens in the next few years ala 30's Germany, I'll be one of the people with a rifle in hand.
  11. Real World

Ratings:
    +306 / 4 / -2

Your post made me think of this youtube vid.

YouTube - President Barack Obama 2009 Inauguration and Address

I must admit that I think this song is pretty cute, despite the video footage. Everytime I hear a Kool-aid type statement regarding The Big O, I think of this catchy tune. "Obama gonna's save us...." I just think it fits for comedic reasons.

All kidding aside, I really think I'm going to buy a weapon soon.
  12. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Me too... ..... Or, well, something a bit more... efficient...
  13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

You don't live where I do, apparently. There are so many guns here west of I-495...There's no way the police can put town a popular rebellion. No way in hell. They'd have to kill half the population. The police wouldn't stand a chance. Every single town north and west of Worcester has a rod and gun club (aka, sportsman's club) and everyone there is armed - some heavily. Small towns maybe have three cops with a few staties as backup, but each of those towns have dozens of armed households. It would be no contest, IMO.
  14. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Well, in rural environments, certainly... But if it ever came to that, do they care about anything inland? I mean, besides the cities and ports, the media outlets and the infrastructure, what are they concerned with? They don't need to crackdown on small towns, really. ...

I won't even mention biological methods for dieoff.
  15. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

And "if" that happens, I'll be fighting right beside you and PC. but that's a big if. Just like both of you, that's the last thing I want to happen. None of us WANT to see a new revolution...at least the kind where weapons are used.

In my opinion, that's the last thing our gov't would want to happen as well. Also, "our government" changes every 4 years. I don't know if you think there's some secret controlling society or not. I think that's a ridiculous notion myself. but if you're saying once people get elected, they get eaten up by the greedy politico-corporate machine, that's a fair notion.

Let's just hope "we the people" stay united in our effort to cause change without violence or oppression.
  16. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Gads you guys are such Debbie downers. Here have a picture of a cat that looks like Hitler. They call him Kitler.

Attached Files:

17. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +188 / 3 / -10

Yikes, that's kinda freaky! REALLY FREAKY:eek:
  18. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

In your example, your local police and staties will most likely be on your side... Have to remember, those people are the same as you and I and live where you and I live, and chances are they would reach a tipping point where they felt their rights are being abused BEFORE most common folk.

The danger is for so many people to listen to the Media and repeat it non stop.

The Media will divide the people ( big shock there I know ) into ones who "right" and those rebellious heathens that threaten our way of life. That's how it works, you split the people, some people rail against the system, while the other half inform, and fight with them.

No government could even suppress an entire nation of people ( Think French Revolution, American Revolution ) But every other rebellion never really succeed in full, because the media splits the people and simply causes issues and distracts the people rebelling from the real issues they starting fighting the first place.

The tactics are already out there. Ron Paul preached some deep stuff, told some truths many people have never heard of before, and the media attacked, and the powers that be simply called him a loon, and crazy, most of the sheep holding on to their idea of wealth repeat as needed in order to maintain their illusion of wealth. Some people opened their eyes, it was a step, but as you see, the media, and people holding on to their illusion win, and always win, as they represent the majority, and the people, therefore the government, and herego the government/media must stop it.

I would say the current economic conditions have the greatest chance for an uprsing. Violence is already happening, inward, with the murder sucicides we have seen over the past few days... Soon those will extend into postal worker like rampages... So many losing their jobs, no where to get new ones, many feel let down by their government, the sham and lies finally exposed of this new global economy, and fear will drag down the economy even more. Then when there are enough people who have nothing left to lose, who then feel truely free, will organize, and realize, their is a lot of them, and that aint right.

The one positive to this economy crumbling, is all those people who have surrendered to this illusion of wealth, and status, and achievement, are realizing all this JUNK they have accumulated is not worth anything real. Their illusion of wealth will break down, and they too will be upset.
  19. Real World

Ratings:
    +306 / 4 / -2

My buddy's neighbor teaches the class you need to aquire a license to carry concealed. I'm going to take him up on his offer real soon. If you're interested let me know.
  20. Real World

Ratings:
    +306 / 4 / -2

Law enforcement anywhere wouldn't stand a chance IMO. Who do you think has more guns, the police in Chelsea, or the people? Ship, there's probably more guns on my street than there are in the police headquarter's. :eek: