PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yeah so Kimo definetely hurt Carson on purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.
ClosingTime said:
That may be. But anyone with any football sensem which I would expet from a guy tht writes about it for a living, knows that the hit wasn't dirty.
If anyone says so they are letting their hate cloud their judgement.
So there is only one way to see it, and you are the only person to judge it because you are totally unbiased? Anyone else who disagrees with your unbiased opinion is not being honest?

Ha.

If that exact same play involved Rodney Harrison knocking Ben Rothliesberger out with a ripped knee, you would be shouting DIRTY PLAY - DIRTY PLAYER all over this board, and you know it.

It is one thing to be a biased fan. We understand that. But you are a hypocrit and that is something else entirely.

groundgame said:
Lead story now on AOL.com: VICIOUS HIT TO QUARTERBACK

Palmer's Season Ends With Torn Knee Ligaments
Bengals Quarterback Was Hurt on His First Pass vs. Steelers
By JOE KAY, AP Sports

CINCINNATI (Jan. 8) - The first playoff game in 15 years for the Cincinnati Bengals turned into a nightmare.

Pro Bowl quarterback Carson Palmer suffered torn knee ligaments after being hit by defensive end Kimo von Oelhoffen early in the first quarter of the Bengals' 31-17 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers in the AFC wild-card round.

On his first pass attempt of the game, Palmer lofted a 66-yard bomb down the right sideline to rookie Chris Henry. But after making the throw, Palmer was hit in the knee by von Oelhoffen and crumpled to the ground. He was carted off the field.

X-rays revealed that Palmer has a torn ACL and MCL.

Veteran Jon Kitna replaced Palmer and completed 24-of-40 passes for 197 yards and a touchdown with two interceptions.

Von Oelhoffen played for the Bengals from 1994-99 before signing as a free agent with Pittsburgh.

Palmer led the NFL with a club-record 32 touchdown passes this season. His quarterback rating of 101.1 was second only to Peyton Manning of Indianapolis. Palmer completed nearly 68 percent of his passes for 3,836 yards.

The 2002 Heisman Trophy winner after starring at Southern California, Palmer was selected No. 1 overall in the 2003 draft by Cincinnati.

01/08/06 18:37 EST
pointless story. why post it?

I'm not claiming I am completely unbiased, but, all things being equal, I would't have called that play dirty if Harrison did it. In the last Steeler-Bengals game there was a much more suspect play by a Bengal on Rothlisberger and I stated it was all part of the game.
My judgement of Harrison has not been based on one play but a pattern.
And yes, there is only one way to see that play.

Last edited:
There is no way that anyone can watch that replay even in super slo-mo and say that KVO simply 'continued the play.' His head is up and his hands are back BEFORE he moves on Palmer, THEN his hands reach out as he grasps Plamer's leg. How can anyone say he just 'continuing the play' when after being blocked and after moving toward Palmer, KVO proceeded to reach out agressively for Plamer's leg, making it clear he knew just where he was headed.

All these guys have lightning quick reflexes - they wouldn't be in the NFL without them - and to think KVO didn't have any option but to slam Palmer's knee ignores reality. Where was any effort by KVO to avoid striking Palmer's knee? You can't see one because he made no effort to avoid any of the collision, he knew the possible consequences and just blew them off. cheap shot, period, end of discussion......

2 game suspension is what he deserves, minimum.

I do not believe he intentionally hurt Palmer, but the idea of it being a dirty play is being discussed in alot of venues tonight. It is not just some crazy notion concocted by this board.

NEM said:
There are no real dirty players inthe NFL, just some that play harder.

I dont believe there was anything intentionalat all about it. Players have far too much to lose.

OK, then explain the phenomenon of Jack Tatum to us.

A vetern player should know if you are rolling into a young QB's knee like that do NOT tightly grasp his lower leg! That's why I continue to believe he intended to injure Carson. Why didn't he release his grip?

If it was some rookie or 1st year DL who didn't know better that's something else.

Brady'sButtBoy said:
There is no way that anyone can watch that replay even in super slo-mo and say that KVO simply 'continued the play.' His head is up and his hands are back BEFORE he moves on Palmer, THEN his hands reach out as he grasps Plamer's leg. How can anyone say he just 'continuing the play' when after being blocked and after moving toward Palmer, KVO proceeded to reach out agressively for Plamer's leg, making it clear he knew just where he was headed.

All these guys have lightning quick reflexes - they wouldn't be in the NFL without them - and to think KVO didn't have any option but to slam Palmer's knee ignores reality. Where was any effort by KVO to avoid striking Palmer's knee? You can't see one because he made no effort to avoid any of the collision, he knew the possible consequences and just blew them off. cheap shot, period, end of discussion......

2 game suspension is what he deserves, minimum.

What I would really love to see is it happen KVO next week. And then have some Colt O lineman act like it bothered him. I agree 100% with your post. It was BS play. Even the huge lineman are shockingly good athletes. KVO knew that he could hurt a mans knee by diving into it. It happens in the NFL a lot but not always with devestating results.

NO WAY did he do it intentionally, he was merely trying to make a play. Kimo is not a marcus Vick.

You guys are silly. Not one respected journalist has even come close to saying the hit was dirty. Even Bengals fans (well 99 percent of them) don't think it was intentional.

Last time I checked it is the responsibility of the pass rusher to get pressure and sack the QB. He was rolling into Palmer and was trying to get him down. The ligament damage was an accident as far as I am concerned. Now if had been someone with a past history of being dirty I might have considered it intentional. But since he was an Bengal and knew Palmer quite well I think it was an accident.

This is my opinion and I won't condemn anyone for thinking he did it on purpose but I didn't see it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back