PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yates, Stevenson, and other suprises?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd_Christmas

I can delete my own crap!
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
There was a lot of talk about Yates, Stevenson, Mincey, Mays, and others.

Anyone suprised these guys were cut?

The biggenst supprise for me is trading away Cobbs and trading for Gabriel.

I hope we got a conditional pick for Cobbs that will pay off well if he is very successful... I think he will be.

Gabriel is a great WR... I have seen him, Porter, and Curry play a lot... before and after they got Moss. All of them are talented, but I have always liked Gabriel the best. He is a good WR who has been limited by injuries.

It sounds like he is having surgery on his finger, so he may be out for a few weeks. I good pickup though for just a 5th rounder.

No surprise cuts.

Cobbs as a cut was expected, the trade was a pleasant surprise. A seventh at least, I doubt he'll get enough playing time to earn the Pats more.

Gabriel lightened the mood around here considerably from the Deion doldrums. Finger surgery was last year, Gabe is ready to go.

I am surprised they kept Mruc. I thought his roster spot would go to another OL

Last edited:
Somewhat surprised about Mincey.

I liked Woods a lot, but we subtract Mincey Beisel and Gardner from the depth chart.

Precursor to a move I hope.

The biggest suprise was Pierre Woods making the team. The little I saw of him in preseason was impressive so I'm glad for the new blood. Also LeKevin Smith making it onto the team was a big suprise considering the depth we had their.

DarMan said:
I am surprised they kept Mruc. I thought his roster spot would go to another OL

I've been saying since Day 1 that Mruc would make the team over both Stevenson and Yates. There was nothing to suggest he wouldn't.

The one surprise/disappointment was Jonathan Sullivan making the team. I just hope we never have to see him playing the nose in a meaningfull game.

Mrus was a mild surprise. I imagine if Yates makes it through to the PS, Mruc will be the first to go if there are any roster moves to be made.

bucky said:
The one surprise/disappointment was Jonathan Sullivan making the team. I just hope we never have to see him playing the nose in a meaningfull game.

Mrus was a mild surprise. I imagine if Yates makes it through to the PS, Mruc will be the first to go if there are any roster moves to be made.
Keeping so many d-line might be an indication they might be playing more 4-3.

I wasn't surprised really at any of them..Britt was needed because Kaczur isn't 100% so they needed a tackle. When he is back, he'll be cut and go to the PSqd. Cobbs was a big surprise this TC, although I had predicted that, but a good move to get a player for him. Nothing at all wrong with that. Yates did have time left on the PSqd, so that may have been the reason he was cut.. More 4-3 for the D..but that is OK. A BIT surprised they kept 8, but I didn't think they wished to give up on Hill yet and maybe they thought Smith would fit right in in time. It;s a bit thin in the DBs, but they do have some versatility there. Again, NO big surprises.
The PSqd will have Bramlett, a few O linemen, Mays and Spann... (does GScott have eligibility?? Maybe him..) Spann is important to have in case of injury. Mays I think will make it. From what I heard, he's a bit more cereberal than Roach and will take time to start to understand the ILB position.
Moncey to me wasn't a surprise..what was was how he viewed it..did NOT see any urgency in getting things done..having a year to learn things is fine,,but do your best to make that a few months instead of coasting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes