Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Interesting mention on Vereen:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4727295/camp-observations-day-23

With Stevan Ridley nursing an injury and taking in practice from the sidelines, the window opened for Shane Vereen to receive an extensive workload. He had yet another productive day overall, particularly catching the football and moving in space. The Vereen we've seen in recent days is the one many anticipated he would be when he was drafted in the second round in 2011.

Hopefully he'll finally be one of those guys who emerges after missing time their first season with where they were hampered by an injury. We've seen quite a few players in recent years show flashes who we keep hoping to come around yet they never pan out, so it would be great if Vereen bucks that trend.

Last edited:
I think the addition (return) of guys like Vereen and Dowling only add to what may amount as a very nice draft class. Considering that they are for all intents and purposes "rookies" for the most part, we have certainly added some youth, speed, talent, depth and competition to the roster this year.

Vereen was one of the top 3 RB's coming out of the NCAA's last year, IIRC. I am loving the position of RB right now, if only for potential based off of some of what we saw last year, and the fact that they re-loaded quite nicely.

In a RBBC system, I wouldn't see any reason whatsoever as to why these guys wouldn't give us an increase in production from last year.

Last edited:
It's good to hear.
But it looks like the new guy is gonna get alot of reps now.
Just hope Vereen isn't going to get too down about that.

I loved Vereen coming out of college. If he can be half of the RB I thought he was and Ridley can expand last season's success to a few more carries, then the Pats are going to be an awfully hard team to defend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back