PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yankee's vs Phillie's Predictions

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
This is going to be a mammoth series. Lots of stars on both teams, great pitching and great hitting. I'm going to say Phillie's win it 4-2. That will be tough with the Yankees having the home field advantage.

Sabathia will deliver but will the rest of the Yankee staff? Will Pedro be daddy? The storylines are too numerous to mention. Will it be Howard, Texiera, Victorino or A-Rod? Who will be the star of stars?

Charlie Manuel vs Joe Gee-Yahti (AKA the greaseball).

Phillies have nothing to lose - pressure is all on the Yankees ... it's going to be a great series and yes ... there will be blood. I know the pressure thing is overrated but really ... it's been a long time since a title came to NY.

The AL Pennant is decided with a best of 7 series of games, not 5.

There's no way the Yankees blow yet another ALCS is there?

No; they have CC, the great equalizer.

That said, if the game Saturday night is rained out and the Angels win on Sunday, do you go with Lachey on three days rest Monday night?

Things could get interesting in "Da Bronx"; Frank from Gloucester just took a dump in his depends after tonights game.

The Yankee bullpen blew that game............

There's no way the Yankees blow yet another ALCS is there?

From your mouth to G-d's ears, as the expressions goes.......

If Sat's game is rained out and if the Angels can push it to game 7, it certainly messes up the Yankees' rotation while Lee will likely (duh) start game 1 on Wed......
This Phillies team is not intimidated by the Yankees which happened to alot of NL teams in the late 90's. The Phillies are the champs and while not swaggering, they are not afraid of A-rod et al...I would not be shocked to see some fiesty scens after a few guys get plunked........
I wonder what the over under on home runs will be if it's Phil-NY in those two parks......

Don't teams still have to win 4 games in the ALCS, to move on to the World Series? Why do people always think a series is over when one team wins 3 games? Baseball is totally different than other sports, in that the starting pitcher changes with each game. All it takes is for a guy to have a bad day, for a series to change. Are the Angels not capable of winning a few games in a row against the Yankees? They did it earlier this year. Heck, the REdsox beat the Yankees for 8 straight games, only to have the Yankees even the season series before it was all said and done. The point is, until one team has won 4 games, anything can happen. REdsox fans of all people, should know that. Of course, maybe this is one of those reverse psycology deals, where Icy says the Yanks are a shoe in, while really hoping to jinx them. We'll find out by Monday the latest!

Like I said ... this was not hard to see ... the Angels were overmatched.

This will be a great series.

Hopefully the Phillies win but this Yankee team may well be the team of destiny this year.

Where's Zimmer?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb8Tpt6lEjg
zim1_zoom.jpg

Last edited:
They are arguably the two best teams in baseball, meeting for a 7 game series, to determine the champion. I think it's going to be a terrific series, and likely to go 6 or 7 games. If you compare each team top to bottom, their aren't too many holes.

Phillies 4-1

You're blaming me because you have grade school reading comprehension ... not my problem. The sight of Mike Sciosia at the end of the game last night made all the crap I've read in this forum worth it ... I can't stand that pompous prick ... it is what it is.

As for the series ... I hope the Phillies win but I really don't care all that much either way.

I'm watching the game thinking, "the Red Sox lost to these guys??"
Sunday should be a wild day in Philly. Giants @ Eagles at 1:00 PM (moved from 4pm and the World Series at 8:00PM.... Tix for the Series are starting at $600 for standing room only in Philly, even more than in NY. You could get bleacher seats for last year's series for $500. This year if you want a seat, be prepared to fork over $1000, at least and in this economy!!

Sunday should be a wild day in Philly. Giants @ Eagles at 1:00 PM (moved from 4pm and the World Series at 8:00PM.... Tix for the Series are starting at $600 for standing room only in Philly, even more than in NY. You could get bleacher seats for last year's series for $500. This year if you want a seat, be prepared to fork over $1000, at least and in this economy!!

So much for the recession I guess.

So much for the recession I guess.

Or people find the money for the things that they value........Go to stubhub, you'll be shocked. On the flip side, I know one guy who sold his tickets for the playoffs and used the money to pay for next year's season tickets and hard wood floors throughout the house (keep the spouse happy)He's very happy with the supply and demand.

Philly in 6 maybe 7. They have the offense to mash with the NYY and I think Sabathia doesn't get it done. The NYY do have a huge advantage at closer though.

The World Series really could use a great series ... I hope it goes 7 games.

The World Series really could use a great series ... I hope it goes 7 games.

F*ck that, I hope it is a Phillies thrashing of NY. Make them look really bad, I can't take anymore of Joba coming out to protect a lead, makes me sick.

Or people find the money for the things that they value........Go to stubhub, you'll be shocked. On the flip side, I know one guy who sold his tickets for the playoffs and used the money to pay for next year's season tickets and hard wood floors throughout the house (keep the spouse happy)He's very happy with the supply and demand.

I guess it works both ways. Maybe I should try selling the wife on me buying a set of season tickets, as a business investment. I'm sure that'll get real far. :D

Last edited:
I can't take anymore of Joba coming out to protect a lead, makes me sick.

I don't have a problem with him coming out to protect a lead because he's sucked at it lately; keep trotting him out there Girardi you greaseball..................

My opinion is:

I don't care HOW MANY games it takes as long as the Yankees do NOT win! I think my points been made ;)

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back