PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yankees trade for Rodriguez

I thought this was going to be some sort of thread about Pay Fraud.

WHen Posada comes back, who goes? You could always steal bases against posada but Pudge...no way. He instantly is going to make that pitching staff better. but no worries, we've got tek who's hitting 250. and on top of that, we've got buchholz who's clearly going to win the cy young this year.

Last edited:
I think Molina will be their future both of these guys are at the ends of their careers.. unless Rodriguez decides to roid up again

The Red Sox need to make a move they are the only team that hasn't pretty much.....Angles and Yanks have.

The Red Sox need to make a move they are the only team that hasn't pretty much.....Angles and Yanks have.

no matter what moves the yankees and red sox make it won't make a difference. the angels are far and away the best team in baseball.

I thought this was going to be some sort of thread about Pay Fraud.

WHen Posada comes back, who goes? You could always steal bases against posada but Pudge...no way. He instantly is going to make that pitching staff better. but no worries, we've got tek who's hitting 250. and on top of that, we've got buchholz who's clearly going to win the cy young this year.

Posada is done for the year. Molina is actually the better defensive player right now. Pudge is still good defensively but he's no longer a guy you simply just don't run on.

the trades the yankees have made are just to fill holes. they are still not as good as they were when they started the season. i would rather have a healthy posada and matsui over pudge and nady.

Ever since Pudge got off the sauce, he is not the same player, Molina has a better arm, throws out more runners and is better defensively at this point.

Plus, how long will it take for Pudge to get used to the Yankees pitchers.

I don't understand why you trade away your bridge to Rivera unless you've got another deal in the works; how many effin trades are the Yankees and Angels going to make while the Red Sox brass rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic?

Farnsworth was having a terrific year for the Yankees, but the teams strength is it's bullpen. If their was a position they could subtract from, it was the pen. They have Bruney coming back next week, and lots of young arms in AAA. They traded Farsnworth at his peak. He'll never be worth more than he is right now. A gamble no doubt, but when your starting catcher is gone for the season, your back up has a sub .600 OPS, you need an upgrade if you want to win a pennant race. Pudge, even though he's not his old self, has an OPS of .756, and is hitting close to .70 points higher at .295. It's a gamble, but a worthy one.

The biggest issue is whether or not it'll have an effect on the pitching staff. The pitching got a lot better once Molina became the de facto starter, so getting replaced by Pudge may negatively impact the pitchers.

At least I hope it does.

The biggest issue is whether or not it'll have an effect on the pitching staff. The pitching got a lot better once Molina became the de facto starter, so getting replaced by Pudge may negatively impact the pitchers.

At least I hope it does.

That's a valid question Foley. Obviously none of these pitchers have worked with Pudge before. To a man they've all tossed accolades at Molina's ability behind the plate, so we'll see how they're affected by Pudge. Either way, the Yanks need to find a replacement for Rasner and/or Ponson. What's they've gotten from those two to this point is gravy. If the Yanks keep trotting those two out there on a regular basis, it won't matter who's behind the plate.

Ever since Pudge got off the sauce, he is not the same player, Molina has a better arm, throws out more runners and is better defensively at this point.

Plus, how long will it take for Pudge to get used to the Yankees pitchers.

I don't understand why you trade away your bridge to Rivera unless you've got another deal in the works; how many effin trades are the Yankees and Angels going to make while the Red Sox brass rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic?

I'm assuming Marte is now the bridge to Rivera.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back