PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yankees Say their offer for Santana is the best?

Wow, so I guess if Jim Callis says it, it's true? :rolleyes: I guess time will tell on how these players end up.

He's an expert in the field, so I don't see why his opinions should be readily written off. I figure adding his voice is useful since he's less biased than those of us here.

Besides, he even agrees with you that Hughes is the best player either team is offering. You just don't like the fact that he thinks the guys Boston is offering *gasp* actually have value.

Sheesh. It's called english. They may very well prefer Ellsbury, I've said that. The whole point is not about the individual player, it's about the value of the specific lists. I know, this is Sox country, and heaven forbid I speak objectively. It's not complicated guys. The Twins have arms in their system, and lack positional players. That's why they like Lowrie and Ellsbury. That's nothing I haven't said, or don't understand. However, when the Yankees blinked and inserted Hughes into the equation, it made the Yankees package better. The Twins, even though they need a CF & middle infielder more, can't ignore the value of Hughes. That isn't a knock on Lowrie, or Ellsbury, etc. It simply is what it is. Hughes is, hands down, the best player being offered for Santana.
I've never said that Hughes wasn't the best player in the deal. He is. But the whole package for Boston is at worst even to that of NYYs. And considering that every major prospect ranking site or talent evaluator says the same thing, I'm going to agree with them.

Jim Callis is objective. John Sickels is objective. Baseball America and Baseball Prospectus are objective. They have nothing to gain by saying Bostons offer is on par (or better) than NYYs offer, but they all say the same thing via their ranking or chats. I don't see how you can claim the objective high ground when everything that has been posted is from well respected sites or talent evaluators.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back