PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yankees look all but dead in April

ChoWZa

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Yankees look lifeless. Their pitching is hideous. If Pettite can't go 7 innings deep the game is lost. Rivera might be all done as well. Not that I'm going to shed a tear. If the Yankees get swept again they will be 8.5 games back on the Red Sox. I know theres a long way to go but if they end up 8.5 games back they will be playing catch up all season. Unlike prior seasons Red Sox pitching, IMO, won't give them a break and lose 15 out of 20 games all of a sudden.

I'll be comfortable when the Yankees are 10 games back in September, and not until then. April leads mean so little, and the Yankees are freaking resilient.

Weren't the Orioles comfortably in first for a couple months a few years ago? How'd that work out for them?

I can't pretend I'm not enjoying it though. I'm hoping they miss the playoffs and screw up Hughes in the process.

Last edited:
That thud you heard yesterday around 4:30 was Payfraud crashing back to earth. Think of how far out of first the Yankees would be if Payfraud didn't play out of his mind the first month of the season................this is what happens when you have too many players on the wrong side of 30...............

Not too many years have gone by where the Sox haven't had a lead at some early point in the season; but the Yankees in last is just too good a gloating opportunity to pass up. Lets not forget that most Yankee fans are also Jets fans. So you can add the distinct possibility that Randy Moss will revive his career by sticking a figurative knife into any hope they had to take our division. All in all the border war is looking just a bit one-sided right now.

I love it, but this is a very long season. Let's see if the Yankees can CPR their season in May. The Red Sox pitching is looking legit right now, and the Yankmes, not. So that is gonna be the difference in the long run imo. Joe Torre may be looking for a new job 30 days from now unless he can make his team pull an abrupt about face.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back