PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yahoo via WBZ: RCA Dome Security Guard admits sound enhanced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great stuff. Just remember that "the mp3 ProFootballTalk has" was sent by yours truly as part of the first page of the thread you linked later on - i.e. the thread that "started it all".

(Did you know that? Or is this only the tenth time I've mentioned this? :D)

Thanks, I have fixed it. I avoided linking to that thread originally because I didn't want people to think this was manufactured by a bunch of crazy Pats fans. This story is getting enough legs now though that we don't need to worry about that.

Did you guys see this on Pro Football Talk? I can see the steam coming out of Polians's ears, LOL

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 10:05 p.m. EST, November 6, 2007

ALLEGATIONS AGAINST COLTS WON'T DIE

A day after the Indianapolis Colts called suspicions of enhanced crowd noise "ridiculous and unfounded" and (as we hear it) G.M. Bill Polian chastised the media during a radio appearance for giving credence to the claims of "disreputable blog sites" (i.e., us), a photojournalist for WBZ-TV claims that a security guard at the RCA Dome admitted that the Colts pump in artificial crowd noise.

Specifically, Bryan Foley shared with WCBS-TV this conversation that he had with the unnamed security guard: "I asked him, 'Do you go home at night with a headache? Because it's early in the first quarter and my head is already hurting. He said, 'I don't know if you know this, but they actually pick up the crowd noise and pump it back through the P.A."

So the question of whether the odd sound phenomenon heard on television broadcasts when the Patriots had the ball early in the fourth quarter was the result of a CBS equipment error doesn't mean that the Colts don't use artificial crowd noise.

So the question of whether the odd sound phenomenon heard on television broadcasts when the Patriots had the ball early in the fourth quarter was the result of a CBS equipment error doesn't mean that the Colts don't use artificial crowd noise.

Exactly.

More cunning use of tightly-crafted verbiage
to suggest something
that wasn't QUITE said.

I don't see the fire. A Boston photographer says some guy told him...

Sorry, but I need to have the some guy speak up otherwise. The story headline of "Security Guard admits..." is misleading and bogus.

I don't doubt it happens, but this story isn't a story to me.

Ha, amateurs.

yes...Colts fans certainly are...but all of us already know that

Re: WBZ via Yahoo: RCA Dome Security Guard admits sound enhanced

Here are three reasons why this story wont' go anywhere.

1. It's not true and the NFL has stated as much.
2. The Boston publication's source is "unidentified".
3. The story claims the actual crowd noise is pumped back into the PA system, but then goes on to includes a link to the CBS broadcast clip that alludes to the Colts using a CD to enhance crowd noise, essentially contradicting it's own story.

Ha, amateurs.
You're the freakin' amateur and a tool, as well.

Last edited:
yeah...he's a left handed screwdriver

Re: WBZ via Yahoo: RCA Dome Security Guard admits sound enhanced

yeah a security guard would know everything that goes on there. no im not being sarcastic.

Security guards are typically people who couldn't pass the test to be policemen. With apologies to retired cop Mike Allen, that doesn't say a lot for their critical thinking. (And that's quite apart from the security guards who cause trouble just to make themselves important, like the one who burned down much of Universal Studios in Los Angeles because he wanted to be a hero putting the fire out.)

I'm inclined neither to dismiss this evidence nor to automatically believe it.

Here are three reasons why this story wont' go anywhere.

1. It's not true and the NFL has stated as much.
2. The Boston publication's source is "unidentified".
3. The story claims the actual crowd noise is pumped back into the PA system, but then goes on to includes a link to the CBS broadcast clip that alludes to the Colts using a CD to enhance crowd noise, essentially contradicting it's own story.

Ha, amateurs.

Actually you missed reason number 4, the most important one.

4. Cuz Goodell and Polian will do everything they can to pinch this loaf off as quick as then can, so as not to collectively sully the NFL diaper (or Colts diaper in the case of Polian).

Ok has anyone asked yet if the colts going overboard on the PA voulme have caused the CBS "error"?

* I was at the game and Brady had no trouble relaying any play changes with teammates. They were no plays that showed any player runnig thw wrong plays either, cousin. But you can keep trying to make this more than it is. That's your right.

Hmm......

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nfl_experts/post/Patriots-complain-about-crowd-noise?urn=nfl,52422&cp=2

However, New England quarterback Tom Brady also commented on how loud it was in the Dome.

"I don't know how you measure levels of being deaf, but we couldn't hear anything out there," Brady said.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nfl/article/0,2777,DRMN_23918_4385073,00.html

"Well, I don't think people realize what an advantage crowd noise is," Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said. "The snap count, the quarterback being able to audible, the defensive line being able to get the jump, the pass protection and the running game - that's a big advantage."

I'm sure that Mike Shanahan doesn't know what the hell he's talking about when it comes to stuff like this.

Hmm......I'm sure that Mike Shanahan doesn't know what the hell he's talking about when it comes to stuff like this.

Right. And when anyone says something one disagree's with thier a tool. Maybe Mike's just a whiner and an excuse maker. There weren't a bunch of false starts, the Pats OL gets themn at home too, and no plays that looked like broken plays due to a player not hearing an audilble.

I wonder if I walked up to Polian and smashed him in the face with a baseball bat...would he hear anything out of the ordinary?

I wonder if I walked up to Polian and smashed him in the face with a baseball bat...would he hear anything out of the ordinary?

If you hit him hard emough he probably wouldn't hear anything.

Right. And when anyone says something one disagree's with thier a tool. Maybe Mike's just a whiner and an excuse maker. There weren't a bunch of false starts, the Pats OL gets themn at home too, and no plays that looked like broken plays due to a player not hearing an audilble.

What the hell are you talking about? You didn't even bother to read the stories. Shanahan was ASKING for his crowd to get loud, not whining.

Also, from that same article:

"An offense can't change it up; they have a far more difficult time audibling when it's noisy," Broncos safety John Lynch said. "So, of course, we would like to see that this week."

You claiming you didn't see anything doesn't mean that there wasn't a problem.

What the hell are you talking about? You didn't even bother to read the stories. Shanahan was ASKING for his crowd to get loud, not whining.

Did he say that about Sundays Patriots game? No I didn't read the stories because (1) I value my time and (2) I'm tired of the whining about crowd noise.

PatsSteve, you're whole argument is stupid. Doesn't matter if it caused any "real" issues or not. If NE has no Coach/QB commo and INDY does, or if our Offense has to contend with artificial noise and Indy doesn't........... then the playing field is slightly tilted in their favor, CREATING AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE.

Obviously in the scheme of things, it didn't matter, cuz WE WON. That's not the point, the point is one team is creating an artificial advantage over another, in a way that violates league rules. It's actually a CONSIDERABLY worse infraction then the one that cost us a #1 and a pocket o' cash.

Ours never provided an in-game advantage (which was proven), yet this one certainly provides an in-game advantage that COULD effect the outcome. Whether or not it actually does or not, really isn't the point.

PatsSteve, you're whole argument is stupid. Doesn't matter if it caused any "real" issues or not. If NE has no Coach/QB commo and INDY does, or if our Offense has to contend with artificial noise and Indy doesn't........... then the playing field is slightly tilted in their favor, CREATING AN UNFAIR ADVANTAGE..

No, the point is if the NFL says it didn't happen all the whining in the world here won't change that.

Did he say that about Sundays Patriots game? No I didn't read the stories because (1) I value my time and (2) I'm tired of the whining about crowd noise.

You value your time so much that you'er posting about crowd noise over and over and reading the posts of a bunch of internet unknowns, but you don't bother reading what people who play and coach the game have to say about the very subject? Brilliant! Your being at the game doesn't mean a damned thing as far as any problems the Patriots had with the crowd noise. And, just as an example, you have no idea how, if at all, crowd noise affected that first Mathis sack.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back