PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yahoo via WBZ: RCA Dome Security Guard admits sound enhanced

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what's going on, but ESPN has deleted our threads about the subject. Here's a thread in response to the deletions. It's probably just a power drunk Mod, who doesn't like the Patriots, but even then it's pathetic for this topic to have been deleted. The Mods also deleted one of the threads in response to the deletions.....pathetic!

Farkin' Mods.

and teh NFL denied this? ohhh my....im waiting for this to blow up any minute now...

I'm curious that if the Colts did pipe in extra noise, how anyone feels that affected the game? The Patriots didn't have any OC to QB radio and had to use hand signals. There weren't a bunch of false start penalties. So even if the Colts did it, what difference did it make?

Are you serious? Do you know anything about football?

If they can't hear Brady at all, they have to go to the silent count which gives the defense an advantage.

The Patsd used a silent count the whole game. They always do in domes.

Uh-huh. They use it the whole game, eh? Always. In domes. That's your position?

Re: WBZ via Yahoo: RCA Dome Security Guard admits sound enhanced

Yes I was at the Minny dome. What proof is there they piped in noise last year?

The coach's son at the time said they were piping it in. He's an advanced scout. I'm sure he knows what his father was doing.

The coach's son at the time said they were piping it in. He's an advanced scout. I'm sure he knows what his father was doing.

What coach?

What coach?
POSTED 8:05 p.m. EST, November 5, 2007

GREEN CLUMSILY CLARIFIES REMARKS

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

In response to our mention of comments from the son of former Vikings coach Dennis Green regarding the use of canned crowd noise by the Vikes in the 1990s, Sean Jensen of the St. Paul Pioneer Press has contacted Jeremy Green for more information.

"I've been to 60 some games [at the Metrodome]," Green said. "My opinion is, they pipe in crowd noise. I'm not saying I have factual information, or documents, or that my dad ever told me that."

Please.

The initial comments from Jeremy Green sure don't read like opinion, and Green's relationship with the head coach at the time puts him in a great situation to know the facts.

The mere fact that Green would try to backpedal in such lame fashion tells us all we need to know.

Great stuff. Just remember that "the mp3 ProFootballTalk has" was sent by yours truly as part of the first page of the thread you linked later on - i.e. the thread that "started it all".

(Did you know that? Or is this only the tenth time I've mentioned this? :D)

Really?
Then that is yet another great service, P1 !

There used to be a saying in the military. "Anytime you pass the word ...
10% of the men don't get it."

I'm glad you didn't stop before your tenth iteration.
Because this is the first I have heard of it.

I'd love it if the Colts got caught piping in noise, but can any of you be serious that you think this will stick? Where's the proof? A random cameraman relaying what he heard from an unnamed security guard isn't exactly a smoking gun. In fact, it's little better than any of the ridiculous Pats rumors that Easterbrook et al. have been spreading the last few months. Not saying the cameraman is lying, but maybe the security guard was messing with him. Or maybe every word of it is true. Problem is there's absolutely nothing that can be proven.

Agreed. But this is what the league has come to. It's sad that now everyone is looking for everyone is looking for instances of cheating.

I'm curious that if the Colts did pipe in extra noise, how anyone feels that affected the game? The Patriots didn't have any OC to QB radio and had to use hand signals. There weren't a bunch of false start penalties. So even if the Colts did it, what difference did it make?
Cousin,
Audibles .....big time!!! TB runs a "Check with me" at certain points of the game. And in "the-fourth-quarter-10-points-behind" is one of those times. Hence, piped in audio by Billy boy.
The way most teams combat the average noisy crowd deal is silent snaps. That's keeps the false starts down.
But audibles are a different challenge. Say Randy Moss lines up with single coverage, TB wants to audible. No can do in the "That's Ridiculous, We don't Do That" RCA Dome!
We don't know how many audibles TB had to let go.
DW Toys

Agreed. But this is what the league has come to. It's sad that now everyone is looking for everyone is looking for instances of cheating.
Bill "the bully" Polian brought this upon himself as well as the sanctimonious Tony Dungy.

I just can't see this doing much of anything. As other have pointed out, it might bring some scrutiny to the Colts going forward and they will have to stop this practice (I truly believe that they are piping in noise since they have been accused several times) at least for a while. If the crowd noise drops exponentially over the next few home games, it could lead to something. But I seriously doubt it.

I'm sorry, but a photojournalist quoting an unnamed security guard is not enough to let the league launch an investigation. If this guard comes forward, then maybe. I wouldn't wan the league investigating the Pats based on a Indianian photojournalist quoting an unnamed Patriot security guard.

Cousin,
Audibles .....big time!!! TB runs a "Check with me" at certain points of the game. And in "the-fourth-quarter-10-points-behind" is one of those times. Hence, piped in audio by Billy boy.
The way most teams combat the average noisy crowd deal is silent snaps. That's keeps the false starts down.
But audibles are a different challenge. Say Randy Moss lines up with single coverage, TB wants to audible. No can do in the "That's Ridiculous, We don't Do That" RCA Dome!
We don't know how many audibles TB had to let go.
DW Toys

* I was at the game and Brady had no trouble relaying any play changes with teammates. They were no plays that showed any player runnig thw wrong plays either, cousin. But you can keep trying to make this more than it is. That's your right.

POSTED 8:05 p.m. EST, November 5, 2007

GREEN CLUMSILY CLARIFIES REMARKS

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

In response to our mention of comments from the son of former Vikings coach Dennis Green regarding the use of canned crowd noise by the Vikes in the 1990s, Sean Jensen of the St. Paul Pioneer Press has contacted Jeremy Green for more information.

The mere fact that Green would try to backpedal in such lame fashion tells us all we need to know.

The game I went to and was referring to was way after Green ever coached the Vikings. So what does this have to do with my post about how the dome there was louder the game I went to than the RCA dome Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes