PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yahoo:The NFL's officiating problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's also very interesting and I never realized any of them before your post.

Always been a small part of me that believed in some shadyness going on, including in favor of the Pats..

I could picture at one of those secret billionaire owner meetings.. trying to encourage an owner to invest a billion dollars of their own money into a new stadium... the league urging them to move forward.

What better way to protect your lofty investment than to increase revenue and the fan base/market share of your franchise than by winning a Super Bowl

Always been a small part of me that believed in some shadyness going on, including in favor of the Pats..

I could picture at one of those secret billionaire owner meetings.. trying to encourage an owner to invest a billion dollars of their own money into a new stadium... the league urging them to move forward.

What better way to protect your lofty investment than to increase revenue and the fan base/market share of your franchise than by winning a Super Bowl
I just saw 007: Spectre, so I absolutely believe in the billionaire power meetings to discuss the fate of the free world. :D:p

CVEKrrSUAAASvSw.jpg:small

No call.

Like most, I'm left without explanation for why so many calls and non calls went against the Pats, and thus tempted to see it as League conspiracy.

But seriously, how does one get such a message to a group of officials, regularly, and never have it leak? Never have one of them get fed up and blow it open? Never have a communications gaffe that exposes it? I just don't see how that's possible. But I want to, I truly do.

There's nothing to leak.

As I've said elsewhere, Blandino or his toadie is the person who grades the officials each week.

All they have to do is simply not downgrade officials who make close calls (correct or not) that hurt NE and downgrade officials who make close calls (correct or not) that help NE. League office limits the grading shenanigans to close calls only so what they're doing isn't overly obvious, but the message will nevertheless get out there.

Another thing they can do is use conditioning. When they send example videos to the officials to illustrate points of emphasis they can use NE players. For example, in videos about OPI, use footage of Gronk committing OPI. Subconscious conditioning.

What will the NFL do about it? NOTHING

Anyhow, the point is that (IMHO) the fixing is a matter of odds, not outright match fixing. The NFL knows outright fixing (i.e. direct instructions to refs to do X) would eventually leak and it would be disastrous. So the league instead puts its thumb on the scales and influences the refs in indirect ways to make calls against NE to make it harder for NE to win.

Like most, I'm left without explanation for why so many calls and non calls went against the Pats, and thus tempted to see it as League conspiracy.

But seriously, how does one get such a message to a group of officials, regularly, and never have it leak? Never have one of them get fed up and blow it open? Never have a communications gaffe that exposes it? I just don't see how that's possible. But I want to, I truly do.

Help, brothers and sisters. Help me join the legion of conspiracy believers.
Iron clad NDAs and subtle abuse of power. Harsh grades for any calls or missed calls for certain teams, directions to watch out for certain infractions by certain teams, etc...

It's hard to believe the NFL's front office doesn't have a bias nor let it influence it after framegate. If they're willing to put on such a shameful, public display why not communications that seem within their duties to refs?

Did you all hear the rant that Bob Kraft went on after this game where he called out the NFL* for all the blatant crap the league is pulling on the Pats?

Me neither.

LOL, you got me. Well done. :)

In the heat of the moment last night, I thought the game was fixed. Thought that would go away today after I cooled down a bit. It didnt, still convinced

There's nothing to leak.

As I've said elsewhere, Blandino or his toadie is the person who grades the officials each week.

All they have to do is simply not downgrade officials who make close calls (correct or not) that hurt NE and downgrade officials who make close calls (correct or not) that help NE. League office limits the grading shenanigans to close calls only so what they're doing isn't overly obvious, but the message will nevertheless get out there.

Another thing they can do is use conditioning. When they send example videos to the officials to illustrate points of emphasis they can use NE players. For example, in videos about OPI, use footage of Gronk committing OPI. Subconscious conditioning.

This isn't speculation, either. Tim Donaghy confirmed that this is exactly how it goes.

Help, brothers and sisters. Help me join the legion of conspiracy believers.
They make points of emphasis! League or the Broncos says we are concerned about 87 pushing off. Refs look for that and low and behold you end up seeing what the say you'll see.

The joke is the whole league is so rabidly anti patriots because of a bunch of bitter New Yorkers that they actually act like we invented the pick play. Watch Eric Decker, he has no shame and will drive his defender 5 yards out of the play without fear of a flag.

In the heat of the moment last night, I thought the game was fixed. Thought that would go away today after I cooled down a bit. It didnt, still convinced
Did you quit watching the game? I turned it off after the Gronk OPI. As far as I'm concerned, that was either due to corruption or incompetence. I'm glad I didn't stick around to find out. Now I'm not even sure I'm going to watch Sunday either. There's a concert that I can go to in town.

Ahahahaha apparently the Morelli crew that directed that cluster**** of a game in SF last weekend was reassigned to our game against the Eagles. You really can't make this stuff up.. unbelievable..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back