PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Yahoo Preseason Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ys-rankings072307&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Just more talk for the dead time of the NFL.

Both writers have San Diego at 1 and New England at 2.
I can see someone putting Indy at the top.... I mean, they did win the Super Bowl... but how can anyone put SD over NE...? Not only did NE beat them in January, but there's no doubt the Pats have improved over the offseason much more the SD, which seems to be a team on the verge of chaos.

I can see someone putting Indy at the top.... I mean, they did win the Super Bowl... but how can anyone put SD over NE...? Not only did NE beat them in January, but there's no doubt the Pats have improved over the offseason much more the SD, which seems to be a team on the verge of chaos.

that playoff game was quite the woopin'

wait. how does someone put the saints over the colts??? the colts were 12-4 in the afc versus 10-6 in the nfc. there's some disparity.

He says that the questions on the colts defense is a concern.
They were rockbottom last year. They can't get any worse.

I guess we'll find out in the season opener

wait. how does someone put the saints over the colts??? the colts were 12-4 in the afc versus 10-6 in the nfc. there's some disparity.

Colts got worse? Saints got better?

I love how many HITS the Patriots took a few years back when we lost Weis and Crennel, but retained Belichick - and somehow the Chargers aren't in disarray at all after losing their entire coaching staff. I realize Marty gets slammed for another of his teams' crapfest choke-show at the end of the playoff game, but he is a hall of fame coach, their OC and DC were both very good - and it's a blank slate there.

SD will be good, but #1? They're not even #1 in their own division.

Colts got worse? Saints got better?

i still don't see the colts losing the opener. It would be a delightful way to kick off the season, but it won't happen.

Cole's list seems the more reasonable of the two to me. Baltimore at #4 is what I think. SD at #1? Well, I wouldn't look forward to playing them. It's nice to not get all the #1 rankings all the time. I would move Denver a couple notches higher also.

I agree with you 100%. The Saints over the Colts is a joke. The Saints lost to the Bears in the playoffs. Also, look at the Saints record last year. The good teams rolled them.

I love how many HITS the Patriots took a few years back when we lost Weis and Crennel, but retained Belichick - and somehow the Chargers aren't in disarray at all after losing their entire coaching staff. I realize Marty gets slammed for another of his teams' crapfest choke-show at the end of the playoff game, but he is a hall of fame coach, their OC and DC were both very good - and it's a blank slate there.

SD will be good, but #1? They're not even #1 in their own division.
just because denver owns NE doesn't mean they're #1 in the afc west

anyway, i thought you guys would love not being ranked #1 since you feed off disrespect :D

Maybe this will be the bulletin board material that this team needs, talk about no respect.. maybe Rodney can tear it up in the locker room and tantrum about it.

On top of that, the Saints defense must rank in the lower third of the league.

Marty Schottenheimer is such a good playoff coach...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots