Status
Not open for further replies.

Disco Volante

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Source: Favre rebuffs Vikings, will stay retired - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Source: Favre rebuffs Vikings, will stay retired
By Rick Schwartz, Yahoo! Sports 1 hour, 23 minutes ago

The Minnesota Vikings will not sign free-agent quarterback Brett Favre(notes), a source close to the team told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday.

In a phone call that took place sometime in the last day, the source said Favre told Vikings coach Brad Childress that he wanted to remain retired. Favre is expected to publicly explain his decision soon.

Favre, who announced his first retirement in March 2008 after spending 16 seasons with the Green Bay Packers, decided to resume his career last summer and was traded to the New York Jets in August. After one season in New York, Favre retired again and was subsequently released by the Jets on April 29.

I wonder what Vikes fans are saying, I thought they were pretty pumped about getting him? That said, this really could be the end. Right?:eek:

I wonder what Vikes fans are saying, I thought they were pretty pumped about getting him? That said, this really could be the end. Right?:eek:
I'm prayin right now that i should be so lucky as to not have to hear about Lord Farve again.

We can hope. I just wish we didn't have to endure another ***** press conference for him to explain his decision. He did that when he freaking retired-- both times! (Although maybe now he'll just admit he's staying retired this time because Madden retired and Collinsworth won't talk him up as much.)

So that means we should expect him back by late preseason?

nothing's over...

was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

nothing's over...

was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
Thats it bluto your on double secret probation.

Last edited:
Japan bombed pearl harbor!!

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

They are saying "So we have to wait until June for him to unretire and join our team."

I still don't think this is dead. Mort said on his Twitter:

Don't think for one minute that any reports of scheduled visits, QB coach search by BF, and mutual interest are wrong. All are dead on .

Chris Mortensen (mortreport) on Twitter

I still think there is a decent chance that Favre is a Viking by the start of the season.

So that means we should expect him back by late preseason?

I don't buy him staying retire, probably didn't want to lower his price tag...give it time and he'll lower it when the itch gets stronger.

Japan bombed pearl harbor!!

Yes, yes they did. And being fat, dumb, and stupid is a way to go through life too. I do mind if you dance with my dates. And seven years of college are never down the drain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back