PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ya Wanna See the Definition of "Homer"???

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can we be excited about beating a team that lost to the Jets last week, 27-14?

jczxohn1 said:
How can we be excited about beating a team that lost to the Jets last week, 27-14?

Because we beat them 41-0

A drunken Mel Gibson was more coherent. They are truly delusional.:rolleyes:

363839 said:
Because we beat them 41-0

Awesome response!

Also, this week the skins starters would have played a lot longer than they did against the Jets.

Wow.

It took all the way to reply 38 before someone actually thought it was a load.

To funny.

Let's be fair to the average fan at the extremeskins website.

Most were freaked at the beating, and were overreacting in entirely the opposite way, i.e., the team will go 0-16.

These few voices of positivity are surely aimed at counteracting the hysteria of losing that comes with being a Redskins fan (for they are as passionate as they come).

Gibbs is indeed known for tanking the preseason, and while noone wants to be whupped, they are right that the amount of the beating means little overall.

Better to win big than lose huge, of course!

Just my 2 cents....

kolbitr

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say that of the sacks he took, he had an opportunity to throw the ball but didn't.

Tell us genius football analyst why didn't he throw the ball when he actually could have.

But it's not the performance that matters, but the experience of Brunell having gone through it.

Yes, let your mid-to-late 30 something QB, who in the past had been thinking of retirement, take the beating of his life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Willie55 said:
Tell us genius football analyst why didn't he throw the ball when he actually could have.

Seems like they forgot about his brilliant dump-off to avoid a sack that almost resulted in an interception.

Yes, let your mid-to-late 30 something QB, who in the past had been thinking of retirement, take the beating of his life.

And that mid-to-late 30 something QB throughout his career has yet to learn about being pressured and experienced it. He is still learning about it.:rolleyes:

Slagathor said:
No, I believe this is all true.

As a matter of fact, the Pats were running a drill of their own.

It was Belichicks patented "Let's see how bad we can kick the Redskins Ass" drill.

I hear they ran it at only 1/4 speed.

:D . LMAO.

Dragda said:
And I thought all of YOU guys were stupid.

Hee, hee. For the posters who have been complaining about what a "homer" board THIS is, I'd thought I'd open their eyes to the outside world a bit! :)

I thought that I was a Homer. But I'm just a lowly undergrad stuck in Homeism 101, compared to this guy.

He has a PHD in Homerism or he has even surpassed that and is in the Twilight Zone of Homerism.

I think that I'll stick with being an undergrad.

PATSNUTme said:
I thought that I was a Homer. But I'm just a lowly undergrad stuck in Homeism 101, compared to this guy.

He has a PHD in Homerism or he has even surpassed that and is in the Twilight Zone of Homerism.

I think that I'll stick with being an undergrad.

....and when you do your "homer" dance, there aren't 37 consecutive posters following on screaming "Amen" until #38 comes along and yanks away the koolaid (only to be browbeaten by the next 60).

We do have a huge supply of koolaid here, but the Skins fans are like Saudis with oil!

Slagathor said:
No, I believe this is all true.

As a matter of fact, the Pats were running a drill of their own.

It was Belichicks patented "Let's see how bad we can kick the Redskins Ass" drill.

I hear they ran it at only 1/4 speed.

You ought to post this on their board, Slag.
That wouldn't be too mean, would it?

Mike the Brit said:
You're right. Good board, great fans -- shame about the team!

I would say they are too accepting of their heinous owner.

Check out the thread for questions submitted to Dan Snyder for his upcoming"chat" with board:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165193

Here are just a few of my faves: (These are REAL - - I kid you not!)

Originally Posted by hail2skins
Mr. Snyder, this season will be the tenth the Redskins have played at FedEx Field. You have invested in improvements to the stadium and many fans seem to have gotten used to the facility as home after many years at RFK Stadium. However, given that you inherited the stadium and having had the chance to visit some of the newer venues around the league, do you ever imagine a scenario in which you would build a new stadium for the team as part of your legacy as owner? Thank you.

Originally Posted by Ax
Besides the team itself, what is your favorite Redskin possession. (Autograph, hat, etc...)

Originally Posted by zoony
Thank you for taking the time to answer questions.
Why do Len Pasquerelli (ESPN) and Dr. Z (CNNSI) have such a disdain for the Redskins' Front Office, and you in particular? Curious to get your take.
Thanks.

Originally posted by Shadowplay
Dan,
I heard rumors last year that an auto-biography was in the works. Is it still? When will it be availalbe?

Ahhhh....but then, but THEN finally a voice in the wilderness stretches its chords in glorious subversiveness!:

Originally posted by MrMadd
Don't worry, no one expects you guys to actually ask your boss a tough question. My favorite question so far: "Dear Mr. Snyder, Why do you rule so awesomely?" That just says it all, doesn't it? No need for a followup question after that!

(I feel like writing a poem in honor of this guy!)

shmessy said:
I would say they are too accepting of their heinous owner.

You obviously know more than I do, but the discussion of Brady was a lot more rational than any I would expect to find after a team has just suffered a 41-0 thrashing (even in pre-season).

But, of course, it's tough.

What sort of things do you think Patsfans (those few of them that were left) would have been saying during the Victor Kiam/Zeke Mowatt era?

Mike the Brit said:
You obviously know more than I do, but the discussion of Brady was a lot more rational than any I would expect to find after a team has just suffered a 41-0 thrashing (even in pre-season).

But, of course, it's tough.

What sort of things do you think Patsfans (those few of them that were left) would have been saying during the Victor Kiam/Zeke Mowatt era?

I wrote Victor Kiam a question back in 1989. It read ""Dear Mr. Kiam, besides the team itself, what are your favorite Patriots possessions? Why does the national media write such bad things about you and our front office? I can't thank you enough for all the great investments you've made in our team and the amenities in our stadium. Why do you rule so awesomely?"

Yeah....visiting Extremeskins.com brings it all back for me........those were good days.

Last edited:
That Brady thread is great....but see, I take that as Brady is just so good and has proven so much, it's so obvious that it's just not even a debate. And it IS a better point for them to acknowledge they got thrashed by maybe the best ever.

I think Extremeskins is an awesome board....I mean, during games there are 800 people on the forums all posting! They obviously care a lot and it's hard not to appreciate the enthusiasm. But I am greatly humored by the delusion, as well. And actually, some of those posters can write the funniest things when they get weighed down by despair. I love to read those boards during the season especially as if you live around here, you sort of can't help but notice how the Redskins are doing week by week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back