Welcome to PatsFans.com

Xbox 360 Or Wii?

Discussion in 'The PatsFans.com Pub' started by fleabassist1, Nov 17, 2006.

?

Nintendo Wii or Xbox 360

1. Nintendo Wii - Inovational and interactive...

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Microsoft Xbox 360 - Superior graphics and HD space...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

My parents hinted that they were going to get me a video game system for christmas, considering I am a big time gamer and that's pretty much all I do.
    Which of these two do you think is cooler, and which do you think I should request? :)

Xbox 360:
    Pros: Superior Graphics, Amazing controls, very cool interface - the 360 can basically become your home entertainment hub. It can sync with your computer, and run everything your computer can. 300$ for the versian with a hard drive. Amazing games ranging from a zombie thriller to soon to be Halo 3 (One of the greatest games ever.). I have always been an xbox fan, I currently own a G2Xbox mod'ed by yours truely.

Cons: The 360 was released early to beat last year's christmas rush, so it is rumored to have lot's of bugs.

Nintendo Wii:
    Pros: Amazingly inovational, the game controler is a remote control with a wire connecting to another piece you hold in your hand. This system is so advanced, while in a shooting game, you can turn your controler and your character turns his gun. You can swing both controller's for duel sword strike, hold your arm up to block with a sheild, etc etc. Very cool. It also has a new Zelda game which looks extreamly promising. I am leaning more towards this one, because my girlfriend suggested it, maybe because it offer's exersize with the games (Because you have to dodge physically in order to dodge the in game attacks.) :)

Cons: Untested, graphics may or may not be lacking, untested with a wide audience so bug's may be prominent. The game cube was cool and all, but the xbox and the ps2 blew it out of the water... hopefully it won't be the same.
    Also the name sucks, they almost named it Revolution, but changed it relatively last minute.
    Me: "Dude, I just got the new Wii!"
    Typical College Friend: "Ahhhahahaha."

Lemme know watcha think guys/gals, thanks! :)
  2. Michael

Michael Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

If I was being given one or the other (no other choices) I'd go Xbox. I have to assume it has more games available. But, M$ will never get penny 1 from me. :p I'm still waiting for the PS2 to drop below 100 bucks so I can buy one. :D. I can afford it but, I refuse to pay more than that for one.
  3. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Go with the x-box for game availability. Or you can puke up over 2g's for a ps3. Guess is that the bugs that may have plagued early x boxes are long resolved by now.
  4. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Yeah, I know they are.

Game selection is always an issue, but my brother owns a Game Cube, (Yes, we are a BIG time gameing family.) and I have a few games for that - and the Wii is able to play Game Cube Games... the 360 can play Xbox games (I think), but I have an xbox... why would I want to own two at once?

Don't get me wrong, I am definitly a fan of the Xbox... but I believe nintendo beat out microsoft AND sony this year. The PS3 rage is crazy... it's not even that amazing when you look at it. It's the exact same thing as a PS2, just another way to get money.

It can run nice FPS (Frames Per Second) however....

Oh well. What video games do you guys own?
  5. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Pong...Oh, and Atari. But I did see a Nintendo once!

Seriously, not a big game player. I believe in really doing things instead of pretending to on a tv screen. I've sky dived, bungee jumped, hang glided, white water rafted, rode and jumped super-cross bikes, raced snomobiles and extreme skied. Dont think I'd find much fun flippin little switches on a controller.
  6. fleabassist1

fleabassist1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I LOVE to white water raft. We go WWCayaking down the Potomac / Surrounding rivers.

I am also due to Sky Dive in January... eeeek. Boy am I scared already.

Hang glide? Never done that.

Super-Cross Bikes...? I BMX semi proffesionally in my spare time. Semi-Proffesionally because one of my good friends is sponsered and we always get in his videos.

Never extremed skied, but I have snowboarded before. Busted my ass big time, but I had a lot of fun.

Snowmobels, I sadly have not done either, but I have Jet Skied raced if that is similar.

I love to play sports and engage in extream activites... but I find myself more at home when I play video games. In the near future, say... ten years, the world will be much more electronic. We are advancing so fast it is unbelieveable.

BTW - any info on sky diving you want to give me?
    It's supposed to be a surprize for my girlfriend's birthday. (Today is actually our eleven month! ... today being yesterday.)

Sorry, i'm wide awake and blabbering. Heh.
  7. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yeah, If possible, spend the extra time and money and do an AFF level 1 attempt for your first jump. Eight hours of ground school learning how to control your own first free fall jump, then you go do it. No other experience like it! You go 125mph for a minute! Without a vehicle. Raw in your face speed! You will be so pumped full of adrenalline, your feet will not touch the ground for over 24 hours. But avoid conflicts after your first jump. That bullet proof feeling is overwhelming, but can get you in lots of trouble.

Ummm, oh yeah, there is this little thing called total sensory overload. It happens sometimes when students first exit the plane. Its where every cell in your body screams at you "what the hell did you just do to me?? We're all going to die now!!!!!!" It happens about 100% of the time for first time AFF students.