PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WWBD? What will Bill do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
again a misinformed speculation by king that simms and rattay were sent back because news leaked out on them . no basis of this.

King is a douche.Interesting enough he never mentioned Garcia who wants out of Tampa.

He left out "None of the Above" as an option.

Typically if King actually read what he writes this reads like the common sense rationale for why no QB will be coming in this week...

I hope BB is going to do something about Cassuck SOON. FIRE the fcker because he dragged the team down. How hard is it?

Last edited:
He left out "None of the Above" as an option.

Reiss, in his mailbag, suggests that Cassel was basically kept as a caretaker for the #2 position:

So as for the future, I do think O'Connell will eventually leapfrog Cassel, who I'm not sure can consistently throw the ball to the deep third of the field. I have been impressed with what I have seen from O'Connell. The way I view it, it's not a matter of if he passes Cassel, but more when.

Of course, he doesn't specify when "eventually" is (wisely, IMO). And as much as I don't want to see O'Connell thrown to the wolves, it wouldn't surprise me if he's starting before season's end.

I hope BB is going to do something about Cassuck SOON. FIRE the fcker because he dragged the team down. How hard is it?

:confused: Are there any other thoughts running through your head right now? Seriously, dumping Cassel wouldn't solve everything that went wrong on Sunday. Maybe not even half of it.

I wouldn’t mind getting a veteran back up, IMO it motivates the starting QB to play well

:confused: Are there any other thoughts running through your head right now? Seriously, dumping Cassel wouldn't solve everything that went wrong on Sunday. Maybe not even half of it.

I agree. Cassel is not going to win a game by himself...but Sunday as a group effort of futility - STARTING with the Coaches.

Jeff Garcia is the only reasonable option.

I agree about Cassel not winning the game by himself but does everyone really expect this team defense to hold opponents under 21 points in each game?Because thats what we will have to do because we cant score more then 20 points with Cassel.

I'm sure that what Bill will do is read all the newspapers and magazines, and then peruse the internet messageboards and all his emails. Once he's done that, he'll tally up all the votes from those people writing and posting about it, and he'll do exactly what they say.

I mean, if you can't trust the mob to make the decisions rather than yourself when you've just lost your first regular season game in 22 contests, when can you?

I didn't see a name mentioned there by King that was worth taking a shot on, save for maybe Feeley.
Garcia is an option imho.

Before anyone says bring in Phil Simms or Otto Graham, the only player that would make me believe we have a shot at the superbowl is Doug Flutie. If anything it would make me more interested in the season. Cassell wont do it - you can bring up statistics or whatever but the tam will never have confidence.

Flutie has only been away for 1 year & knows the system - & is fun to watch

If the OL continues to play the way they play right now, I guess we will be forced to get a QB in a week or two. QB is not our only problem right now !:mad:

Reiss, in his mailbag, suggests that Cassel was basically kept as a caretaker for the #2 position:

Of course, he doesn't specify when "eventually" is (wisely, IMO). And as much as I don't want to see O'Connell thrown to the wolves, it wouldn't surprise me if he's starting before season's end.
I read the mailbag, perhaps that is the sense Reiss was getting around the lockerroom, but watching Cassel execute the offense in the preseason I always felt that he was in control of the game plan and understood what he was supposed to be doing.

O'Connell playing this season basically means BB has written off the season and has switched to OJT for his QB. I don't see it. I don't see O'Connel as being anywhere close to ready for the job.

I need to watch the game again to get a better feel of Cassel's role in the collapse, but I've seen Tommy out there looking futile, so it's not as if this is something that can only happen to Cassel. From what I did see in the first half it looked like a total team collapse, including the coaching. I'm just not willing to put that on Cassel after he's had two solid games to lead this team to 2-1.

Sunday game is not the reason i want to cassuck to be gone. I looked at the way he played in all the games and all i can think is inconsistency.

If we want to save our regular season, cassuck should not be playing.

I'm sure that what Bill will do is read all the newspapers and magazines, and then peruse the internet messageboards and all his emails. Once he's done that, he'll tally up all the votes from those people writing and posting about it, and he'll do exactly what they say.

I mean, if you can't trust the mob to make the decisions rather than yourself when you've just lost your first regular season game in 22 contests, when can you?

i don't want to be disrespectful to BB. Am I wrong to say that he is too old and slow to react to his opponent move during the game?

last SB game and Dolphin game are good evidence. I don't see any 'half time adjustment' at all.

Last edited:

That's what we used to say about another irrational poster here and it took Ian years to dump him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes