PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WTF? Patriots.com poll regarding TO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 2006, Owens wrote Little T Learns to Share, a children's' book which encourages children to share.

Shoulda stuck a copy of the book in "Little T" Romo's locker... hehe

I've been doing a bit of a see-saw on this issue, because I don't really want him on the team, but I'd love to see the "New England ran up the score!" crap on the news again.

To me, the only way it would even begin to make since for BB would be if he spoke with Moss, Welker and Brady, got their 'blessing' for the move, and got T.O. to sign a deal with no money up front.

Everyone imagining the offense like this is not helping their blood-pressure.

Would it be insane if everyone was aimed at winning? Yes.

INSANE. You split those guys wide, with Welker in the middle and maybe even A TE roaming deep and the D is SCREWED! Seriously.

But if he came here and we watched this team corrode from the inside out, we would never get over it.

Unless he decided to show his johnson to a reporter. That might be a bad memory turned comical over time...

Everyone imagining the offense like this is not helping their blood-pressure.

Would it be insane if everyone was aimed at winning? Yes.

INSANE. You split those guys wide, with Welker in the middle and maybe even A TE roaming deep and the D is SCREWED! Seriously.

But if he came here and we watched this team corrode from the inside out, we would never get over it.

Unless he decided to show his johnson to a reporter. That might be a bad memory turned comical over time...

I'm looking at it from a tactical perspective. I figure that if BB brought him in, he'd make sure he kept the hammer. I'm looking at the on-field situation. The "Double Moss and single everyone else even if it means Welker gets 200 yards" defense would disappear in about 1/2 of a quarter in the first game of the year.

Last edited:
I'm looking at it from a tactical perspective. I figure that if BB brought him in, he'd make sure he kept the hammer. I'm looking at the on-field situation. The "Double Moss and single everyone else even if it means Welker gets 200 yards" defense would disappear in about 1/2 of a quarter in the first game of the year.

Yeah, how do you cover that? That alone would make for an interesting conversation in an off-season where literally nothing has happened in HOURS. hehe

Picture in 4-wide with the new burner (Greg Something) guy. Picture it in Bunches.

The Hail Mary would effective become a reference to the defense.

I don't think the locker room thing is a problem, not with the players we have in that room. What I don't get is the level people put him at. He doesn't run good routes and drops a lot of balls. Yes, he's big and fast. I guess as the #3 receiver (and sometimes 4th option) he'll fit in.

the locker room thing isn't what i'm worried about, it's cap space. he won't be a cancer because he'll be playing with a HOF quarterback. my concern is mainly whether he'd be worth the 3M they'd have to give him. it would basically probably be either Jason Taylor or TO (or Julius Peppers but my guess is that isn't happening). In that kind of scenario I'd way, way rather have JT. The Pats need a defense guys. if AD gets hurt, you're looking at a Crable/Woods pass rush and that is a recipie for a D that looks like it did in the SD game, every week next year. We can't have that.

I don't think the locker room thing is a problem, not with the players we have in that room. What I don't get is the level people put him at. He doesn't run good routes and drops a lot of balls. Yes, he's big and fast. I guess as the #3 receiver (and sometimes 4th option) he'll fit in.

He dropped 10 passes last year. Moss dropped 6.

You guys are all missing the most important question:

WHO WOULD BE #81, OCHO CINCO?

the locker room thing isn't what i'm worried about, it's cap space. he won't be a cancer because he'll be playing with a HOF quarterback. my concern is mainly whether he'd be worth the 3M they'd have to give him. it would basically probably be either Jason Taylor or TO (or Julius Peppers but my guess is that isn't happening). In that kind of scenario I'd way, way rather have JT. The Pats need a defense guys. if AD gets hurt, you're looking at a Crable/Woods pass rush and that is a recipie for a D that looks like it did in the SD game, every week next year. We can't have that.

I agree. If TO comming to Foxboro costs the improvements that the D requires, I am also against the move to bring TO in. Keep in mind that despite Dallas' troubles, he caught 69 balls for over 1k yards and 10tds. No too bad at all. Too bad hes an idiot.

I don't know as i think he would try to be the same old TO. But then again, Moss, Brady, BB, Bruschi and Rodney would put him in his place quick.

I've actually never really thought TO is that much of an idiot. He's not perfect, but he's been unfairly demonized.

Hm. The question is the market. If you could grab him for 3M for one year, and get him to play for a contract somewhere else next year.... That's win/win.

Is it even slightly feasible that we could sign Jason Taylor, give Owens a one year deal, and extend Wilfork? We're what, 18 million under the cap? Can someone break this down? Presuming we want to sign one late 1st rounder and three 2nd rounders, how much do we have left over for FA this year? Like 10? That's not enough to get TO and JT, and extend Wilfork, is it?

I can't stand T.O.

that being said...we had Corey Dillon on this team and that paid off...he was still the same jerk he always was

T.O. and Randy Moss???...with Tom Brady?...and Welker in the slot???

Watson could actually reach his potential with that WR corps

and the matchup nightmares for opposing defenses?

it's worth a shot IMO...even though I'd still hate the SOB

I've actually never really thought TO is that much of an idiot. He's not perfect, but he's been unfairly demonized.

Hm. The question is the market. If you could grab him for 3M for one year, and get him to play for a contract somewhere else next year.... That's win/win.

Is it even slightly feasible that we could sign Jason Taylor, give Owens a one year deal, and extend Wilfork? We're what, 18 million under the cap? Can someone break this down? Presuming we want to sign one late 1st rounder and three 2nd rounders, how much do we have left over for FA this year? Like 10? That's not enough to get TO and JT, and extend Wilfork, is it?

Let me qualify. TO is a selfish idiot. He has been with sucessful franchises that have won and he's mucked up every situation. Could things be different here? Maybe. The problem is that he just doesn't get it.

He dropped 10 passes last year. Moss dropped 6.

Hopefully, Moss will hang on a little better this year. They both had 69 receptions in 16 games, with T.O. dropping 4 more balls. Thats one away from substantial, or "a lot".

Hopefully, Moss will hang on a little better this year. They both had 69 receptions in 16 games, with T.O. dropping 4 more balls. Thats one away from substantial, or "a lot".

The way I read it, it's only one more drop every 4 games.

I can't get by the Super Bowl when he kept the Eagles in that game singlehandedly...injured...sign him for a year and take the shot...can't you see it?..first he publicly takes a different number than Randy's 81...then a bone crushing block that sets Moss free...teams rotate to Moss and he is left 1 on 1...witrh Welker and Faulk torturing D co-ordinators underneath...and the sub 4.5 Watson one on one every play...he'd be the consummate threat in this offense getting a pat on the back for just playing...his ego would get fed in the first year and he would definitely elevate the play of everyone in the offense...PLUS, Brady is no Garcia...Brady is a TRUE superstar QB..the QB who throws to you after you just dropped a gimme.. T.O. would eat that up...PLUS the public bonding with Moss, you know it would happen that first year..the rehabilitation of his image would be EXACTLY what feeds his ego...he's 35, why not take the shot...I still can't stand him but looking at it objectively the plusses outweigh the minuses in that first year...after that all bets are off

The way I read it, it's only one more drop every 4 games.

Or, Owens drops a pass in four more games then Moss in a 16 game schedule.

I heard a few other teams had a polll like it too. One was the redskins. Never went to check though if it were true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes