Welcome to PatsFans.com

WTF has Obama done so far?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Nov 2, 2010.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +458 / 10 / -7

#91 Jersey

3. mcgraw_wv

mcgraw_wv In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

You have to replace the **** with what you know it should read...

Honestly, all the points they mention, while nice, is about as far far away from what Obama ran on with Trans formative change on how Government works.

He said he was going to Change how our country was run, and he didn't he promptly kept the status quo... This is why everyone feels let down, and that let down turned into Incumbent Hate... which you will see today.

Yes he appointed a CTO... he appointed Lots of things... which to me just means more government spending with not a damn good thing to show for it.

I voted for him becuase I wanted the lobbyist sout of government, I wanted my voice heard, I wanted a return to Main Street Politics where the people mattered, and it never happened.

And I won't vote for him again.

Which all doesn't matter becuase Ron Paul is going to lay down some knowledge bombs in 2012 and turn this country upside down. He can't be silenced this campaign coming up, he's too famous now, and with a full slate of Tea Party candidate in the Senate and House...

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,110 / 3 / -10

Nothing

But He Has Such A Beautiful Smile
    Anybody That Makes Mush Mouth Matthews Legs Throb Should Be President

He Is Also America's "First" Thats The Reason He Was Elected Thats All The Slobbering Fawners Cared About.

GOD SAVE AMERICA
    BY THE PEOPLE AND FOR THE PEOPLE

5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Ron Paul would be the only guy I could think of that might make me vote republican.

any one of the other a-holes they stroll out will not make a difference.....Romney, Palin, Pawlenty, Gingritch? all will lose to Obama...Ron Paul?,...coiuld give him a run.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2010
  6. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,966 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

Michelle grew a garden with animal poo.

Barry got Zeituni a new country.

7. WhiteWesWelker88

WhiteWesWelker88 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

but Harry...... he won the "Nobel Peace Prize" ;)

[​IMG]

YouTube - Obama's speech after accepting Nobel Peace Prize

Harry you need to watch!:cool:

:rofl:

8. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,024 / 15 / -8

Welp, your link doesn't work. These do.

Here's AOL on the top 5
    Obama's 5 Most Far-Reaching Accomplishments to Date

Here's 244 of 'em
    President Obama’s 244 Accomplishments, Part 4 - Jack & Jill Politics

And you can find as many lists as you want. Feel free to dig in and complain about them - since the link works, it's a pretty simple process :D

But little things like Wall Street Reform, Health Care Reform, equal pay for equal work, cleaning up the Republicans' economic disaster, getting combat troops out of Iraq, etc., aren't all that important.

Around March or April, one of two things happens:

The debt ceiling is raised, or the U.S. goes into default. Ain't no two ways about it. You know what this crop of reps is going to do.

So enjoy the night, and enjoy the rhetoric and subpoenas to follow. A lot of good has happened in the last two years, and a whole new surge of idiotic rhetoric and gridlock awaits us for the next two.

But your boys have the purse strings now. I am sure we'll have a very good time yapping at each other in our outrage and enthusiasm for one position or another. It's all fun and game for a few months, and then an honest-to-God GOP majority has to figure out what it's doing:

U.S. defaults on debt, or
    Teabaggers raise the debt ceiling.

I'm sure the way out of it is to complain that the only way to have assets as a government is to collect taxes, so our country can only have liabilities - constitutionally :rolleyes:

It'll be fun!

Congrats, guys. Looking forward to '12 already.

PFnV

9. WhiteWesWelker88

WhiteWesWelker88 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

nice link VA..... a lot of stupid **** in this link

Ordered a review of existing “mandatory minimum” prison sentencing (2009)

Proposed cap on student loans and how much they should pay back.

• Increased funding available for student loans (2009)

• Authorized construction funds for high-speed, broadband Internet access in K-12 public schools (2009)

Signed an Executive Order for the President’s Initiative on Historically Black Colleges and Universities (2010)

• Increased funding for Historically Black Colleges and Universities (2010)

• Signed Executive Order to promote the federal government as a “model employer” when it comes to hiring the disabled (2010) * Note: This includes new efforts to increase the recruitment, hiring, and training for the disabled

• Programs to assist Spanish speakers with the US Census (2010)

• Elena Kagen appointed to Supreme Court (2010)

• Tasked all federal agencies to develop new strategies to address HIV/AIDS
    (2010)
    • Instituted enforcements for equal pay for women (Lilly Ledbetter Bill) (2009)

here are some that caught my eye.

Is your avatar Palpatine?? He looks a little different in that pic.

10. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,024 / 15 / -8

Guess you're against 'em? Why you're against equal pay for equal work, just for example, is beyond me. But given that this is a right wing circle-jerk board, let me know why you don't consider these accomplishments good things:

• Ordered the Pentagon to cover expenses of families of fallen soldiers if they wish to be on site when the body arrives back in the US (2009)

• Ordered better body armor to be procured for US troops (2009)

• Funding new Mine Resistant Ambush Vehicles (2009) * Note: The old Hummers were very vulnerable to roadside explosives and an alarming percentage of our soldiers lost in Iraq were on account of IEDs

• Working to increase pay and benefits for military personnel (2009)

• Improving housing for military personnel (2009)

• Initiating a new policy to promote federal hiring of military spouses (2009)

• Ordered that conditions at Walter Reed Military Hospital and other neglected military hospitals be improved (2009)

• Improving benefits for veterans as well as VA staffing, information systems, etc. (2009)

• Authorized construction of additional health centers to care for veterans (2009)

• Suspended the Bush-era decision to purchase a fleet of Marine One helicopters from suppliers in favor of American made helicopters (2009)

• Signed bill providing assistance for caregivers of veterans wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan (2010) * Note: The omnibus bill does the following: Training, funding, and counseling for caregivers; promoting pilot childcare programs for women vets under treatment at the VA; independent oversight to prevent abuse; readjustment counseling for National Guard and reservist units; etc.

• Eliminated co-payments for veterans who are catastrophically disabled (2010)

• Fulfilled campaign promise to have combat troops (90,000) out of Iraq by August 31, 2010 (2010)

• Established a new interagency task force to assist veterans owning small businesses (2010) * Note: The efforts include promoting federal contract opportunities, improve access to loans and capital, mentor assistance programs, etc.

• Signed The Families of Fallen Heroes Act, which covers the moving costs of immediate family members of those lost in service (military, intelligence, and security personnel) (2010)

I left out one or two b/c I know you guys have echo-chamber nya nya nya points on them; the sorts of things like "Sure we contracted out whole wars but someone bought a legal pad without going to three competing sources so he didn't end no-bid contracting." That stuff. Haven't seen that sort of thing about the above list (scurry to google, my minions, scurry!)

I can buy that one guy who said he thought everything in Washington was going to change b/c Obama got elected... okay, fine. Every administration seems to say that, and he's taken as good a shot at it as any.

But it's ludicrous to say he's done nothing thus far, and simultaneously say he's enacted this horrible radical agenda... well, he couldn't very well have enacted some sort of radical agenda if he didn't do anything.

And to boot, he's done stuff that just isn't that radical. It's pragmatic, but a lot of it's big. He said when he was elected he'd rather get it right and be a one-term guy than do business as usual. He succeeded where just about every president since the turn of the 20th century failed, with health care. If people weren't such morons, that bill would have been that much better... but we ended up with a debate where covering the right to consider advanced directives was called a "death panel."

Like I said, enjoy the big mid-term swing. It's not the first one in American history, and it won't be the last. These guys are so ready to overplay their hand, and once you get to the House, it's grownup time. You have to make your stands, and you have to get into the guts of bills these guys pride themselves on not understanding. I doubt their staffers are much better. Hell, we won't hear them complain "nobody's read the bill" anymore, because the current crop can't read, from what I've seen.

It'll be fun :)

PFnV

11. WhiteWesWelker88

WhiteWesWelker88 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

well you answered it very nicely w/ the right wing circle jerk image (big strong forearms:singing::eek::singing:....... I like Traditional values of this party 10000000000% more than the idiot Neo-Con ideology. The Neos must go away so the party can be fixed.:D

I think fair pay for equal work is an illusion best kept untouched..... we can't fix
    everything PNV.:cool: It is an issue that will never change.;)