PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WSJ: Bill Simmons signs deal with HBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the NFL tried to pull Hard Knocks because it was mad about HBO's position on Goodell, that would hurt the league a whole lot more than it would hurt HBO.

Isn't hard knocks just about up for cancellation anyway? I doubt they lose a wink over it.

Simmons will get more ratings than the last 3 Hard Knocks combined if he brings a comedy roast of Goodell worthy of the sheister he is.

This is rich ... oh the irony.

http://www.boston.com/sports/2015/0...8b8qeqYjOX5yjvHqbbLdjJ/story.html?p1=takeover
Speculation that the exits were somehow connected by more than coincidence was fueled by a juicy detail found a few paragraphs deep in The Hollywood Reporter’s July 8 story on ESPN’s decision to pass on renewing Olbermann’s contract: network president John Skipper had been given a mandate by parent company Disney to cut $100 million from the budget in 2016 and a staggering $250 million in ’17.

An ESPN spokesman subsequently told THR that the numbers were “factually inaccurate,” but the figures were nonetheless picked up by multiple outlets. That same week the Wall Street Journal described ESPN as being in “belt-tightening mode” as it faced a loss of subscribers.

Simmons has finally broken his Twitter silence regarding framegate... Nice to finally see.

Was hoping for his BS Report podcast to be up and running again by the season, his weekly guess the lines thing is one of my favourite listens of the week. Looks like I'll have to wait until next season

Just google Bill Simmons and you find a link to his Twitter. Also I believe I read that bspn owns the rights to bs report. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of content we are going to get from him on HBO, and if he'll continue to do columns and podcasts with Sal.

Next time I should take your advice and not waste my time reading the troll comments. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back