PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wrongly Convicted Player Released After 5 Years In Prison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course she was "welfare collecting." Every crime committed on earth is by someone who is "welfare collecting." Good one.

did you even read the article? it says she is on "public asistance"

Give him a tryout! Hes surely damaged mentally from being in prison innocently. This will at least give him some confidence

did you even read the article? it says she is on "public asistance"
Of course I read it. And, for what it's worth, I suggested to my wife yesterday morning when I first read the story that the gold-digging witch deserves to go to jail. My point is what does her public assistance status have to do with the story? Are the author directly and you, by that notation, suggesting that being on welfare goes hand-in-hand with this pig's crime?

My point is what does her public assistance status have to do with the story? Are the author directly and you, by that notation, suggesting that being on welfare goes hand-in-hand with this pig's crime?

How about the fact that she collected 750K in a settlement with the school district but she's on public assistance??? Like the lottery winner in Michigan
who won $1 million yet continued to use food stamps. When people abuse the system, it diverts limited resources from those who truly need it.

How about the fact that she collected 750K in a settlement with the school district but she's on public assistance???

But that school district was negligent in allowing her to not get raped.;)

Justice League..I'll see your HA and raise you two HEH's...

justice-league.jpg

Hey...where's Toe Man in that lineup?

Wrecks loves sukking toes so much he had THIS done to his left hand...

Man-Loses-Thumb-Has-Replaced-With-Big-Toe.jpg

How about the fact that she collected 750K in a settlement with the school district but she's on public assistance??? Like the lottery winner in Michigan
who won $1 million yet continued to use food stamps. When people abuse the system, it diverts limited resources from those who truly need it.
I'm beginning to think that this on-going crap storm is my fault for not being clear. My point was only that the fact that this scum-bag woman is a welfare recipient isn't necessarily a contributing element in what made her do such a horrific thing to this guy. I just think that it's too GD easy today to universally connect the dots between all people who are genuinely in need of assistance and those who are gold-bricking criminals. If I didn't make that point clear, it's on me.

Last edited:
I'm beginning to think that this on-going crap storm is my fault for not being clear. My point was only that the fact that this scum-bag woman is a welfare recipient isn't necessarily a contributing element in what made her do such a horrific thing to this guy. I just think that it's too GD easy today to universally connect the dots between all people who are genuinely in need of assistance and those who are gold-bricking criminals. If I didn't make that point clear, it's on me.

How do you guys know she's on welfare. It doesn't mention it in the article and from other articles I've read, it just mentioned that she won a 1.5 million dollar civil lawsuit against the school. It sounded like her parents took advantage of the opportunity and pressured a young 16 year old into admitting something that they knew didn't happen.

This story is similar to Garrett Wittels, the FIU baseball player who had a 56 game hitting streak in college. He was accused of rape while he was on a trip in Atlantis and it turned out that one of the girl's father (2 girls were involved) was just trying to extort money from the resort. Luckily everything came to light before putting an innocent kid behind bars and the charges were dropped.
Bahamas drops rape charges against FIU's Garrett Wittels - ESPN

While the abuse of the system of public assistance is incredibly frustrating, it is peanuts in the larger picture of things, yet it is the sole focus of many folks ire regarding waste in gov't.

How is the Vikings(and many other teams) need of public assistance to the tune of hundreds of millions not seen as welfare despite the NFL making record profit? Why do oil companies receive 3 billion a year from congress in subsidies, why were banks bailed out for untold trillions, how many billions/trillion go unaccounted for to defense contractors through sweetheart deals from the Pentagon, and all somehow are not viewed as corporate welfare, which dwarf these small time crooks robbing public assistance?

It's not that I view people who cheat public assistance as blameless, it's that they are very small fish in an ocean of corruption.

It wasn't clear from the article is the girl was above the age of consent. If she wasn't then he wasn't 'innocent' -- she was a liar and his punishment was harsh, but he was not innocent.

I talked to my hs/college boys about this. One lesson is the potential consequences of 'casual' sex...

1) she cries rape
- court/jail
- damaged reputation
2) she falsely accuses you of impregnating her
- paternity tests and lawsuits
- child support and uncertainty
3) you impregnate her
- child support
- loss of access to your child
- complications in future relationships
- she decides to abort your baby
4) disease

It would be a shame if the only thing anyone gets out of this is that a lying high school sophomore can get a football star in a lot of trouble.

Last edited:
why were banks bailed out for untold trillions...

(Sorry to derail, but this is an area where most Americans are simply mis-informed. In simplest terms, TARP allocated $250 billion for the banks. Because much of this was in the form of the Gov't essentially buying those banks' preferred stock, the taxpayer actually wound up ahead when the stock price rose and the the banks bought their own stock back. (JPMorgan's a good example: $25 billion "lent" - thought JPM didn't need or ask for it - and a profit of over $760 million to the Treasury when they bought the stock back in the summer of 2009.) No doubt there was a lot of waste and abuse in the TARP program overall, and certainly as you point out throughout gov't, but the banks aren't nearly the villians most make them out to be..)
Where Did the TARP Money Go? - BusinessWeek

(Sorry to derail, but this is an area where most Americans are simply mis-informed. In simplest terms, TARP allocated $250 billion for the banks. Because much of this was in the form of the Gov't essentially buying those banks' preferred stock, the taxpayer actually wound up ahead when the stock price rose and the the banks bought their own stock back. (JPMorgan's a good example: $25 billion "lent" - thought JPM didn't need or ask for it - and a profit of over $760 million to the Treasury when they bought the stock back in the summer of 2009.) No doubt there was a lot of waste and abuse in the TARP program overall, and certainly as you point out throughout gov't, but the banks aren't nearly the villians most make them out to be..)
Where Did the TARP Money Go? - BusinessWeek

This a little bit more detailed accounting
Follow the money: Bailout tracker - CNNMoney.com

Well you picked out one adjective in isolation and then focused on that. I didn't just call her a welfare collector, I called her ' a lying, conniving..' and I think that the welfare collecting, as part of the overall description, is relevant.

The main point of the description was to show the disparity that comes into play with rape versus other crimes. No way the police would not question the veracity of anything she said about anything other than rape.

oh come on now...it's at least a little bit funny. Their justice system works in that regard and you can't deny it.

How is the 'justice system' of a pathetic group of barbarians the slightest bit relevant to this discussion?

I don't understand how willful lying, which results in a man losing years of his life, shouldn't merit the exact same punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back