PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wrong Borges setting Kraft up

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I read an article by Borges in today's Boston Globe.

The article, IMO, did a job of praising Kraft as a great owner, great businessman, and a man that other NFL owners look up to. That was the set up.

Now the punch line.

He then went on to say how Wellington Mara acted against his own self interest many years ago for the benefit of the other NFL owners. He implied that Bob Kraft should now do the same at the NFL meeting. Kraft should take a big hit for the NFL and go with the players proposal.

Now, assuming Kraft doesn't do this, Borges now has him set up to rip him apart for ruining the CBA deal.

I'm sure others have read that article. Did you come away with the same feeling, knowing what a POS Borges is?

Last edited:
Mara may have sacrificed for the creater good, but to get a better deal for everyone- and as a result his children and grandchildren and probably theirs will be set for life - so he reaped the rewards. This isn't a better deal for anyone. Not even the union. As someone suggesteed not too long ago, eventually revenues will flatten and then what??? The new ownership face of the NFL will eventually be recreational owners taking their turn at egomaniacally running a franchise into oblivion because there will be little actual profit to be made on an individual ownership basis so good businessmen like Kraft will take their investment capitol elsewhere. Basically the owners become caretakers temporarily minding the players assets. When does it stop, when Gene's successor in 2012 says the new deal must begin with a 7, or else... or in 2018 when only an 8 will satiate the beast ownership created in 2006 because they were ascared of losing something Mara won Superbowls without, a cap?

The league ran with no cap for most of Mara's life and look how well that turned out. And no one ever asked Mara to hand over 80% of gross revenue to the pool. Just forego local TV revenue for a share of something national with the potential to become so much more - as it did.

Ron is right that Kraft has the chance to be a giant because he is THE concensus builder in this current group. And I trust he will do what is best for the league whether I agree with him or not. I don't think that will make Ron happy because absent any actual first hand knowledge of the negotiations or the underlying principles involved in the decision, I don't think he is in a position to know what is best for the NFL either. Although thinking he knows better has always allowed him to pontificate on what Kraft should do, as we all are well aware.....

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
I read an article by Borges

There's the problem right there.

PATSNUTme said:
I'm sure others have read that article. Did you come away with the same feeling, knowing what a POS Borges is?

no. RB said "He(Kraft) opposes these things for good reason"

Doesn't sound like a set up.

RB is just using information that has been known for some time ... Bob
Kraft is a leader of leaders and he has been the vocal one in the owners
minority opposition. If he took the lead and said lets get this deal done there
would be others that would follow his lead. Not real rocket science here.
RB is just stating the obvious. IMO

Last edited:
JR4 said:
no. RB said "He(Kraft) opposes these things for good reason"

Doesn't sound like a set up.

RB is just using information that has been known for some time ... Bob
Kraft is a leader of leaders and he has been the vocal one in the owners
minority opposition. If he took the lead and said lets get this deal done there
would be others that would follow his lead. Not real rocket science here.
RB is just stating the obvious. IMO

You must have graduated from Gullible U.

This was a Borges article that lacked the dagger-like venom usually reserved for Bill Belichick targeted pieces, as Borges presented the facts of the financial risks and skills undertaken by the Kraft Family during their ownership in a fair way. My read was that the writer had immense respect for Kraft's high personal integrity and his being capable of the rare act of suffering financial sacrifice in order allow this upcoming NFL generation to prosper.

PATSNUTme said:
I read an article by Borges in today's Boston Globe.

The article, IMO, did a job of praising Kraft as a great owner, great businessman, and a man that other NFL owners look up to. That was the set up.

Now the punch line.

He then went on to say how Wellington Mara acted against his own self interest many years ago for the benefit of the other NFL owners. He implied that Bob Kraft should now do the same at the NFL meeting. Kraft should take a big hit for the NFL and go with the players proposal.

Now, assuming Kraft doesn't do this, Borges now has him set up to rip him apart for ruining the CBA deal.

I saw that this morning.....and I'll tell you what, that fricken bastard got me good. He started this on Sunday in what I thought, at the time, was a good article. I also WRONGLY thought he finally got "it" about the Patriots and what they are trying to accomplish. The next time I act this fricken stupid can someone please knock me in my fool head? :bricks:

Bill's Girl said:
I saw that this morning.....and I'll tell you what, that fricken bastard got me good. He started this on Sunday in what I thought, at the time, was a good article. I also WRONGLY thought he finally got "it" about the Patriots and what they are trying to accomplish. The next time I act this fricken stupid can someone please knock me in my fool head? :bricks:

I was a little taken in myself. Until he started with the Mara falling on his sword for the greater good of the NFL.

Then I thought "this POS is setting Kraft up for the fall". Kraft should not go along with the deal, Borgass can write how greedy Kraft is and let the NFL go done the tank.

How many time do we have to see this crap happen with out becoming cynical.

PATSNUTme said:
I was a little taken in myself. Until he started with the Mara falling on his sword for the greater good of the NFL.

Then I thought "this POS is setting Kraft up for the fall". Kraft should not go along with the deal, Borgass can write how greedy Kraft is and let the NFL go done the tank.

Dale and Holley were talking about this for a good part of their show. Dale agreed with us about not voting for this deal and Holley thought Kraft should go along with this deal.

I know we have been over and over and over this spiel with fricken Borges in the past, but how much more of this is the Globe going to allow? I understand that controversy drives paper sales and internet hits, but this is ridiculous!

So lets get a tally on this......Borges loves Drew and Tuna, two of the most underhanded people to be members of the Boston sports scene, BUT he reviles BB and Bob Kraft, the two people who have saved this franchise!

I am saying here and now that I will NOT read anything else this vile sleezeball writes ever again!

PATSNUTme said:

Classic Wrong Borges. Bogus lives off of negativity and if the NFL goes down he will be reborn to spew his nonsense about Kraft or anything POSITIVE about the Patriots or the NFL in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back