PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

wRONg Borges returns to WEEI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I did hit the link...Ive been there before....you offer links to stories from other sites as well as some ball washing Patriots blogs....nice work.
It must be difficult to go through life with such limited capacity. You're of course thinking - in your own confused, muddled way - of bostonsportsmedia.com. The link below does not go there, but to another blog that IS owned by bsmw, operated by Pats fans who enjoy discussing the team. I'd challenge you to point out specifics of 'ballwashing', as you call it, though I won't hold my breath waiting for a response. You seem to have a problem answering direct questions.

And isn't it funny that a Pats fan like yourself would complain so often about positive coverage of a team with five playoff appearances and three world championships this decade.

Borges WINS!!!! - That's the bottom line here. The object of a radio host is to create talk. Loving the protagonist isn't the issue, not even liking. ;) What those shows are interested in is the "Buzz", the talk, the creation of contraversy.

Well. if 100+ post thread is indicative of the "creation of contraversy" then Borges wins. He has proven that he is a polarizing figure who will draw listeners who just want to find reasons to hate him even more.

So regardless of what you think about him, because he draws SO MUCH hatred be fits the profile PERFECTLY of the ideal radio talk show host.

BOTTOM LINE- look for Borges to be on WEEI more and more in the coming weeks, especially as the season approaches.....AND don't be surprised when his anti-Pats rants continue unabbated...because that is EXACTLY what they want.

Borges WINS!!!! - That's the bottom line here. The object of a radio host is to create talk. Loving the protagonist isn't the issue, not even liking. ;) What those shows are interested in is the "Buzz", the talk, the creation of contraversy.

Well. if 100+ post thread is indicative of the "creation of contraversy" then Borges wins. He has proven that he is a polarizing figure who will draw listeners who just want to find reasons to hate him even more.

So regardless of what you think about him, because he draws SO MUCH hatred be fits the profile PERFECTLY of the ideal radio talk show host.

BOTTOM LINE- look for Borges to be on WEEI more and more in the coming weeks, especially as the season approaches.....AND don't be surprised when his anti-Pats rants continue unabbated...because that is EXACTLY what they want.
Doesn't that make you wonder sometimes if Keegs and Danny Boy are both really Ian? ;)

I could take that, I suppose, the brainless stirring of controversy, but I'd be truly crushed if I found out Ian was posing as Aqua4Ever. :eek:

Oh, sorry, I didnt realize you were his union rep. I guess you would know for sure whether the Union backed him or not.

Look, you moron, I know how the Newspaper Guild works -- I was a member for 11 years earlier in my career. I can assure you that your buddy Bogus did not pull out of Morrissey Blvd. with a "legal settlement" in his pocket. You stuck your foot in your mouth several posts ago, you must be up to your hip by now.

I don't think it's going to work out that way. Negativity begets negativity, and eventually people would tune him out -- literally -- just like many of us stopped buying the Globe.

Doesn't that make you wonder sometimes if Keegs and Danny Boy are both really Ian? ;)

I could take that, I suppose, the brainless stirring of controversy, but I'd be truly crushed if I found out Ian was posing as Aqua4Ever. :eek:

Keegs = Ian? And I thought I was paranoid ... :D

But I've had Danny Boy pegged as O'Shaughnessy for a while. No problem, Danny. Keep 'em coming!

But I've had Danny Boy pegged as O'Shaughnessy for a while. No problem, Danny. Keep 'em coming!
Okay, now that makes sense. He has that self-righteous outrage that I imagine would irk readers. Since I don't read O'Shaughnessy's columns, I suppose I should skip DB®'s posts as well.

Speaking of fill-ins......what the heck happened to Jerry 'the mouth' Callahan on the morning show?

Speaking of fill-ins......what the heck happened to Jerry 'the mouth' Callahan on the morning show?

He had polyps(sp) or something in his throat, believe had some surgery and is recuperating.. he and Borges would make great pair, kinda like a conservative/contrarian beavis and butthead.

You guys are pathetic. Are you really that insecure? Youre getting your panites all bunched up because some people like Borges? WTF? :rolleyes:

I think I said it best early on in this thread...."Waaahhhhhh!!!! Ron Borges isnt stroking the Pats! Waaaahhhhhh!

My God, this thread is hilarious! :rofl:

I like Borges with his wry look on the Pats and their coach. He's a contrarian but the other ring kissers in the media offset him by a bunch. Sometimes you need the "rest of the story" but hope it isn't just a figment of someone elses imagination.

I like Borges with his wry look on the Pats and their coach. He's a contrarian but the other ring kissers in the media offset him by a bunch. Sometimes you need the "rest of the story" but hope it isn't just a figment of someone elses imagination.

Careful...you'll be deleted or suspended....this is a Pro Pats forum only!

Last edited:
You guys are pathetic. Are you really that insecure? Youre getting your panites all bunched up because some people like Borges? WTF? :rolleyes:

I think I said it best early on in this thread...."Waaahhhhhh!!!! Ron Borges isnt stroking the Pats! Waaaahhhhhh!

My God, this thread is hilarious! :rofl:

He is annoying - that's for sure - and not worth giving much attention. Presently, Borges is a gadfly who aspires to become a buzzard.

is that guy still representing New England with his vote for the Profootball Hall of Fame? There is always one prominent writer for every team's region. but I don't think he technically works for anyone, does he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes