PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

wRONg Borges returns to WEEI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Boston Globe sports section was/is considered the best in the country...Ron has been there for many years and I doubt it was because of his Raider contacts.

Due to Red SOx coverage no doubt - or, remember guys like Will Mcdonough, Leigh Montville, Ray Fitzgerald, how about a guy named Bob Ryan or even Shaugnessey - they made the Globe sports, NOT Cafarto and certainly not Wrong Borges, that's for sure.

Ron is a great football and boxing reporter....I'm jut one of the few that doesnt get offended when he busts balz.....I'll bet $50 that you dont get offended when guys like Reiss report nothing but candycorn, sunshine and blowjobs.

What planet do you live on??? Borges is an agenda-driven tool, nowhere near "great" in any way, shape or form. And you, my friend, are a crude peon who doesn't know his arse from a sink hole.

What planet do you live on??? Borges is an agenda-driven tool, nowhere near "great" in any way, shape or form. And you, my friend, are a crude peon who doesn't know his arse from a sink hole.

Count me among the many that agrees with you wrt Danny the Dolt and Wrong
Borges.

Due to Red SOx coverage no doubt - or, remember guys like Will Mcdonough, Leigh Montville, Ray Fitzgerald, how about a guy named Bob Ryan or even Shaugnessey - they made the Globe sports, NOT Cafarto and certainly not Wrong Borges, that's for sure.
I agree that it was THOSE writers that made the Globe..and now the Globe is not even a shell of what it was..now, it's resting on past laurels.

MLB HOFer Peter Gammons was Globe writer, too.

If Borges was writing glowing article after glowing article about the Pats, he'd be your favorite writer.

Borges $uck$ on radio. He should stick to his day job. Oops....:rocker:

If Borges was writing glowing article after glowing article about the Pats, he'd be your favorite writer.

Dude, give it up; you're just bein' an ass for the sake of bein' an ass. Don't you have anything better to do?

The Boston Globe sports section was/is considered the best in the country...Ron has been there for many years and I doubt it was because of his Raider contacts.

The operative word here is WAS, at one time used to read that notes column of Peter Gammons.. used to be a whole page of what was going on in MLB.. that was prior to the all day reporting of everything and anything patriots.. the downfall began in the late 90's and culminated with people like Borges, who turned his disdain for BB over Drew into a campaign to discredit BB and all things Patriots. He is not the resident contrarian, he is a man who was jilted in the Drew affair, cannot let bygones be bygones and has not moved along.. go to BSMW who keeps an eye on him and his ridiculous efforts to discredit BB and the whole Pats Org. A reporter will not always get the story, but a reporter has to move on and be somewhat objective in his or her reporting.. Ronny has not done this and his dislike for what is happening in Foxboro is obvious. If you want some fun get into an email discussion with him, which usually descends into something that you might expect from a 7th grader..

:rofl: :rofl: CHB, is that you?????

what is most disconcerning about this is that Dale and Holly cant argue a point.
Borges will eat them up. He is going to bust Holly about renting BB's place on Nantucket.

Borges is slimy, and is an example of what is wrong with the media in sports. The idea that they are a part of the story and not a conveyor of it. I understand that CHB and he are columinsts and paid to give their opinion. But it galls me when they carry on a feud in the paper.

This presupposes that everyone else is the emotionally stunted dink that you are. This tired saw is the first line of defense for lazy, intellectually unarmed folks like yourself who want everyone to be as miserable about the Patriots success as you are.

Most of the Pats fans that I know just want an honest take, not a guy that's on the take.

No small coincidence, I suppose, that you embrace a duplicitous ****-stirrer out for noteriety of any sort, as you apparently share the same sensibilities.

Last edited:
No small coincidence, I suppose, that you embrace a duplicitous ****-stirrer out for noteriety of any sort, as you apparently share the same sensibilities.

Now that was clever! ;)

:D

This presupposes that everyone else is the emotionally stunted dink that you are. This tired saw is the first line of defense for lazy, intellectually unarmed folks like yourself who want everyone to be as miserable about the Patriots success as you are.

Most of the Pats fans that I know just want an honest take, not a guy that's on the take.

And this name calling post drips with intellect?

And this name calling post drips with intellect?
Good approach. Avoid the substance of the post by playing the poor victim who's being jumped by a vengeful mob of kool-aid drinkers.

You poor guys that dare to call it 'like it is' amidst a sea of unthinking automatons - your courage and brilliance have never truly been appreciated by those blinded by the Lombardis football fans that, after all, you're just trying to help.

If you weren't just another typical Puritan Boston **** stirrer, happiest when those around him are pissed off and miserable (maybe you just don't want to be alone?), you'd provide a point with a little more substance than claiming that all people want is happy talk with nary a discouraging word.

You have no evidence of this claim, it just that it sounds so good to you tired contrarians that for some perverse emotional reason enjoy playing the turd in the punchbowl.

People enjoy the new writers like Mike Reiss, Albert Breer, John Tomase, Eric McHugh, etc. because they have an enthusiam for the game and a curiousity about it. People celebrate the weeding out of the bitterness and hidden agendas of the old guard because they're sick of opening their paper to learn more about their team or their sport and instead be confronted with the perverse, joyless emotional problems of a lying, twisted, corrupt plagarist.

You may enjoy that, but you are clearly in the minority.

Last edited:
Danny Boy obviously doesn't know the difference between a reporter and a columnist.

Poor Danny Boy.

Good approach. Avoid the substance of the post by playing the poor victim who's being jumped by a vengeful mob of kool-aid drinkers.

You poor guys that dare to call it 'like it is' amidst a sea of unthinking automatons - your courage and brilliance have never truly been appreciated by those blinded by the Lombardis football fans that, after all, you're just trying to help.

If you weren't just another typical Puritan Boston **** stirrer, happiest when those around him are pissed off and miserable (maybe you just don't want to be alone?), you'd provide a point with a little more substance than claiming that all people want is happy talk with nary a discouraging word.

You have no evidence of this claim, it just that it sounds so good to you tired contrarians that for some perverse emotional reason enjoy playing the turd in the punchbowl.

People enjoy the new writers like Mike Reiss, Albert Breer, John Tomase, Eric McHugh, etc. because they have an enthusiam for the game and a curiousity about it. People celebrate the weeding out of the bitterness and hidden agendas of the old guard because they're sick of opening their paper to learn more about their team or their sport and instead be confronted with the perverse, joyless emotional problems of a lying, twisted, corrupt plagarist.

You may enjoy that, but you are clearly in the minority.

I believe the substance of the post was to ridicule me for not being a kool aid drinker, was it not? Had I responded that way, it wouldve been deleted for not containing substance.

I read most articles in this town regarding the Pats and football...sometimes I want more than the daily blog or whos the flavor of the month for Brady and Borges brings that...does he go over the top?...yes, and I pointed out before that I'm smart enough to sift through the BS...you folks apparently arent....you'd rather just cry about it...as for him being a "plagarist"...he simply does what most writers are doing these days in their notes column...but due to the hatred towards him, someone blew the whistle. Right or wrong, (and I believe its irresponsible) you're a fool if you think he's the only one doing it. The web site in your sig, is that you? Nice job posting links to stories, not far from what Ron was doing.

...as for him being a "plagarist"...he simply does what most writers are doing these days in their notes column...but due to the hatred towards him, someone blew the whistle. Right or wrong, (and I believe its irresponsible) youre a fool if you think he's the only one doing it. The web site in your sig, is that you? Nice job posting links to stories, not far from what Ron was doing.

Omigod! You're too slow to understand the difference between a website that places blue bold attributed links versus a writer claiming someone's writing as one's own?

Classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back