PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wright, Hernandez, and Haynesworth in full pads at practice today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: A Hern, Big Al and Wright back at practice

Curran's source(s) in this mentioned the FEAR of the injury being of the 4-6 week variety. It wasn't a claim that such was definitely the case.

Does anyone here honestly think an MCL sprain didn't lead to fears of a 4-6 week recovery on the part of some members of the Patriots?

Curran was on WEEI last week saying it was going to be at least four weeks. Let's not play the semantics game just because Curran likes to write in a way that he can say he was right if he is right and then say he never said it when he is wrong. Curran was wrong again.

Last edited:

Chris Forsberg has thrown some water on this news development. He reports that while all three dressed for the full pads practice today, all three were limited in practice.

Not surprising. Pretty much everyone who comes back from injury is limited in their first practice back. Makes no sense to have a guy go from missing a few weeks of practice, to full, 100%, go in his first practice.

Hardly, a shocking piece of news.

OTOH, I'm getting seriously worried about Vollmer...

Chris Forsberg has thrown some water on this news development. He reports that while all three dressed for the full pads practice today, all three were limited in practice.

I don't think that is a big deal. Technically if a player misses one drill, he can be classified as limited in practice. I'm sure if a player misses one stretching exercise, Belichick classifies them as limited in practice. Both Mangold and Calvin Pace were listed as limited in practice today and the Jets are indicating both will play.

The Meniscus keeps all the weight evenly spread across the knee and leg. When there is a partial tear it will leave areas of the knee with more pressure than others causing the pain. I would think everything would be an issue when you knee doesn't have evenly distributed weight on it.

to

Don't know if you are a doctor. I do know you play a good one on patsfans.com.

Or did you stay at a Holiday Inn last night?

Curran's source(s) in this mentioned the FEAR of the injury being of the 4-6 week variety. It wasn't a claim that such was definitely the case.

Does anyone here honestly think an MCL sprain didn't lead to fears of a 4-6 week recovery on the part of some members of the Patriots?

When you're quoting someone who says 1-2 weeks likely, and counter that no, your sources fear that it's 4-6 weeks, then you're taking a stand to that effect. His source, as it was, was wrong, or he was wrong to make that distinction. Naturally, everyone fears that injuries could be worse than they probably will be. But his source gave a time range, and either the source's fears were apparently ill-founded. As I said earlier: Curran's sources seem to be more of a worst-hypothetical-case-scenario than a realistic evaluation.

They should have kept Kaczur around, for pharmaceutical purposes.

Can't be that hard to find a drug mule, can it? I nominate Josh Barrett.

When you're quoting someone who says 1-2 weeks likely, and counter that no, your sources fear that it's 4-6 weeks, then you're taking a stand to that effect. His source, as it was, was wrong, or he was wrong to make that distinction. Naturally, everyone fears that injuries could be worse than they probably will be. But his source gave a time range, and either the source's fears were apparently ill-founded. As I said earlier: Curran's sources seem to be more of a worst-hypothetical-case-scenario than a realistic evaluation.

If you go to his twitter account, you'll find that when he got a tweet saying "Oh no" about the 4-6 weeks comment later that same day, he didn't run with it at all, instead noting that the MRI was still pending.

I've got no problem with Curran's report. He confirmed SMY on the injury front and noted a fear that the time could be longer. As is so often the case, it was the people here blowing that all out of proportion.

But then they might play a quarterback who is better?

Maybe just injure him a little. :bricks:

I don't think we need to worry too much about MarkBrunellasaurus coming off the bench:)

I don't think we need to worry too much about MarkBrunellasaurus coming off the bench:)

You are right. We do have to worry about Kevin O'Connell. ;)

Not surprised to see AH or Hernandez back at practice this week, Wright otoh I did not expect back.

For the Patriots
Did not practice
WR Julian Edelman - ankle
LB Jerod Mayo - knee
OT Sebastian Vollmer - back
RB Danny Woodhead - ankle

Limited participation
CB Kyle Arrington - chest
S Josh Barrett - thumb/hamstring
CB Leigh Bodden - groin
S Patrick Chung - hand
CB Ras-I Dowling - hip
DL Shaun Ellis - knee
LB Gary Guyton - hamstring
DT Albert Haynesworth - back
TE Aaron Hernandez - knee
DT Kyle Love - ankle
DL Mike Wright - concussion

Full participation
LB Dane Fletcher - thumb

For the Jets
Out
WR Logan Payne - wrist
LB Bryan Thomas - Achilles

Did not practice
LB Garrett McIntyre - concussion

Limited participation
OL Nick Mangold - ankle
LB Calvin Pace - abdomen (DNP yesterday)

Full participation
WR Plaxico Burress - elbow (DNP yesterday)
DB Antonio Cromartie - ribs
DL Mike DeVito - shoulder
LB David Harris - toe
DB Eric Smith - triceps
DL Muhammad Wilkerson - shoulder (limited yesterday)

Week 5: Thursday injury/participation report - Extra Points - Boston.com

This is promising on both sides of the ball if they are all close to 100% by Sunday. I wasn't expecting M. Wright until after the bye. I also worry that he might be a hit or 2 away from calling it a career. It seems like the more concussions these guys get the more susceptible they are. My wife had a concussion (ultimate frisby injury of all things) 6 months ago and still has occasional symptoms.

Curran was on WEEI last week saying it was going to be at least four weeks. Let's not play the semantics game just because Curran likes to write in a way that he can say he was right if he is right and then say he never said it when he is wrong. Curran was wrong again.

I blame Mary Paoletti

Haynesworth is a lazy ne'er do well who isn't making any attempt at all to get back on the field.
The way I understand it haynesworth wanted to play @ oakland but the coaches held him out.

I blame Mary Paoletti

Never ever blame the young cute chick who knows sports. Guy Rule # 356. Re-read your handbook.

Last edited:
This is promising on both sides of the ball if they are all close to 100% by Sunday. I wasn't expecting M. Wright until after the bye. I also worry that he might be a hit or 2 away from calling it a career. It seems like the more concussions these guys get the more susceptible they are. My wife had a concussion (ultimate frisby injury of all things) 6 months ago and still has occasional symptoms.

Yeah, my feeling is the Pats are giving him one more strike with this concussion. If he gets dinged again this season, I'm pretty sure the Pats are going to say thank you and now go have a good healthy life

Its a shame. People forget that Wright led the Pats in sacks last season playing less than half the season. He is great tackle depth because he can play all three positions, and can be an impact player as a pass rusher. He's been out so long that people have forgotten that he was having a break out year last season, before he got concussed. Losing him would be the Steelers losing Aaron Smith Conversely if he can stay healthy it will be like adding Aaron Smith ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey