PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR v. DB video from Senior Bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andre Caldwell faked him out of his shoes during one particular route, and McKalvin tried the old arm bar on another route. I don't know, he looks good, but not 7th overall good. Chevis Jackson made some good plays, and looks fast. Marcus Griffin seems to have improved his speed a little, which has been something a number of scouts said he needed to work on (maybe he's a good mid round option at Safety now).

At WR: Early looks fast and shifty, but he couldn't keep his footing. Maybe a cleat change is in order?

I like Caldwell's moves, and think he could develop into a decent pro receiver.

Last edited:
in that vid, mcelvin did not look good at all

I still like Rogers-Cromartie. That DJ Wolfe guy looked good. Chevis Jackson was good too. Limas Sweed is gonna be awesome at WR. Great name, great game.

Well I think McKelvin looked good. Caldwell faked out Castille, not McKelvin. Mckelvin kept the play in front of him (except when he tripped).

Jackson was pants in my book (well Im exagerrating perhaps). He was always trailing the play and never looking at the QB.

Doucet looked like he had quick moves, but Lee wasn't buying any of them.

Last edited:
i thinks Mckelvin looks good (certainly not 7th pick good) he was in good position for all the plays, he was pushed off of by caldwell on that one play pretty easily though

I was concerned that Mckelvin went down so easily off what looked like a routine bump. How is he going to handle the physicality of pro receivers if he goes down that easily? He looked average in those 3 plays. The last one was his best though as he hounded the receiver all the way down the route. Mckelvin also appears shorter than he probably is because of his low stance. Can't say I"m sold after that short look.

Lee, Rodgers-cromartie and wolfe looked ok.
Jackson and Castille looked terrible.
Nobody really jumped out as great looking to me.

Last edited:
Whoever was throwing those passes should not be playing in the NFL.

Sweed looked really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey