PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Stovall (N.D.) Highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw every ND game last year and Stovall is a GREAT WR. We would be doing well to get him...and yes, that was NE Offense to a great extent.

re

This is really interesting.

We know how Belichick likes to draw from his college farm systems.
We used to draft defensive players from LSU when Saban was the coach there.
Maybe we will start drafting offensive players coached by Weiss at Notre Dame.

Is Stovall the Pats' future #2 receiver?

Last edited:
He could be but he would definatley need to compete if he gets chosen. His competetion will be against a very hungry Caldwell and I think it will be tough for him but he can make it. Weiss asked a few things from Stovall such as getting quicker by losing weight..he did it and succeeded when gametime came. Hes a very tall target and he may not be that fast but if Patriots make the best of him because Weiss tells us that Stovall would fit, I can see him being an Anquan Boldin at best. Tall, not the fastest but has a lot of potential and is currently only 21 years old I believe. That would make a 5"9 Branch playing with a 6"5 Stovall. I like this.

He'll be around late round 2 as well. I still think we trade down into the 2nd round. There are plenty of players there for the positions the Patriots need.

Well i dont think Bill would really trade down just to grab Stovall. Theres guys in the draft that we can also get that will contribute such as Derek Hagan, Demetrius Williams, Jason Avant, etc

Patriots always make a move for the following seasons draft. Thats why we have two round 3 and two round 4 picks this season. The draft is deep at all the positions that the Patriots need.

Last edited:
re:

If he can, Bill always goes with his ex-coaches. He trusts the work they do with players.

Players who learned under his guys include Logan Mankins, James Sanders, Eric Alexander, Randall Gay, Jarvis Green, Rohan Davey, Marquise Hill, and a few others that I can't remember off the top of my head.

Bet on at least one Notre Dame player on the Pats roster next year!! I hope it's Stovall - he would be unstoppable in jump balls in the end zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes