PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Patten in hospital with viral meningitis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prayers for David and his family. This is serious stuff.

Amen to that. Pray for David.

Wow. Sincerely, best wishes to Patten and his family, hope for a speedy recovery.

patsfan13 said:
Prayers for David and his family. This is serious stuff.
I wonder if the rest of the team's at risk too given the fact that its contagious?

Not to minimize the dangers - and not knowing the situation here - thank goodness its not bacterial meningitis as that the more dangerous of the two

Viral meningitis is most dangerous to kids or those with weakened immune systems - an adult with viral meningitis might not have symptoms all that different than a strong flu.

scary stuff

best of luck to him

Not to downplay the seriousness of it but as BisG pointed out, viral is the less severe meningitis. A friend's wife just had this and she was hospitilized and treated but was released a day or two later. Here's to a speedy recovery for DP.

A speedy recovery....prayers to DP..

BradyisGod said:
Not to downplay but Viral Meningitis is the less serious form and can usually be treated fairly quickly.

BACTERIAL is the one to look out for.

http://www.pct.edu/studenthealth/meningitis_info.htm

Not so. I watched my Dad delirious for a fortnight. He didn't lose his life -- but the medics were surprised. Very warm thoughts for David and his family.

My first reaction when I saw that on giggle this a.m. was "crap"! Get well soon David. :rocker:

Redskins | Patten expected to return Monday
Fri, 4 Aug 2006 12:28:37 -0700

Updating previous reports, Washington Redskins head coach Joe Gibbs said WR David Patten (viral meningitis) will likely return to practice Monday, Aug. 7, according to Gary Fitzgerald of Redskins.com.

Mike the Brit said:
Not so. I watched my Dad delirious for a fortnight. He didn't lose his life -- but the medics were surprised. Very warm thoughts for David and his family.

I'm glad to hear that your Dad made it OK, Mike.

I'm also glad that David is on his way to recovery. He was a guy that I was glad to see get the bucks in FA. He made it the hard way.

What's a fortnight? I would really help if you posted in English on this board, Mike. :rofl:

PATSNUTme said:
I'm glad to hear that your Dad made it OK, Mike.

I'm also glad that David is on his way to recovery. He was a guy that I was glad to see get the bucks in FA. He made it the hard way.

What's a fortnight? I would really help if you posted in English on this board, Mike. :rofl:

I really had no idea that this word wasn't used on both sides of the Atlantic -- just means two weeks.

Mike the Brit said:
I really had no idea that this word wasn't used on both sides of the Atlantic -- just means two weeks.

It IS used on both sides of the Atlantic. We like Patsnutme anyway!

shmessy said:
It IS used on both sides of the Atlantic. We like Patsnutme anyway!
It is used over here but very rarely. I'd bet at least 25% of Americans have no clue what it means.

BelichickFan said:
It is used over here but very rarely. I'd bet at least 25% of Americans have no clue what it means.

Wait 'til Patsnutme hears that you think he's a bottom quartile guy!

shmessy said:
Wait 'til Patsnutme hears that you think he's a bottom quartile guy!

That where I belong- I call it home.

Last edited:
BelichickFan said:
Count me in the other 75%. It appears frequently in literature. I bet (but never confirmed) that it's a contraction of "forteen nights".

Anyway, back to the main topic - I'm glad to hear DP is recovering.

Mike the Brit said:
I think some have to develop a better vocabulary....fortnight is common in the US..but not as much as in the UK..obviously....
GREAT to hear DP is doing better!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye