WR Greg Salas Waived, OL Markus Zusevics Signed off Reserve/NFI

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmessy

Phoenix, AZ/Retired
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Per SMY tweet at 4:40pm

Welker, Lloyd, Edelman, We're looking thin at WR depth or am I missing someone...:confused:

Welker, Lloyd, Edelman, We're looking thin at WR depth or am I missing someone...:confused:

Salas.....Branch......ummm Gaffney....ummm. I bet Miami picks up Salas.

Seems like Patriots might look to get the running game going tonight. Bring in that extra tackle to block.

I know he is technically a TE but Hernandez. Lines up more as WR than a TE

If Connolly can play tonight, this should be a Patriot ground and pound game. The two best running games of the season were Thomas- LG/Connolly RG games. Harris and Scott are all done, Pouha is playing hurt. Ridley, Vereen and Woodhead must be licking their chops.

I am sad about Salas. I thought he was a good developmental prospect.

Big reason:

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard
Nick McDonald being put through the paces by the training staff with Dr. Gill watching intently nearby

Uh-oh. The Green Beans are gonna sign Salas and get tonight's game plan. :eek:

Nobody will be claiming him before Friday evening due to waivers. He's cleared waivers once already. Likely will clear 'em again and land back on the PS.

Nobody will be claiming him before Friday evening due to waivers. He's cleared waivers once already. Likely will clear 'em again and land back on the PS.

I really hope you're right, otherwise another draft choice goes down the drain, conditional yes, but still. Is the condition for the draft pick known?

I really hope you're right, otherwise another draft choice goes down the drain, conditional yes, but still. Is the condition for the draft pick known?

Probably a certain # of games on the 53-man/46-man roster.

Wow.

So that PS pay increase counts for nought right now.

Last edited:

I was joking. ;)

Wow.

So that PS pay increase counts for nought right now.

The implication for this is there was no one the Pats could put on IR instead, so they had to cut someone.

I'm sure Salas will be back on the PS or roster by next week, with a bump in pay for being cool about it.

Last edited:
The implication for this is there was no one the Pats could put on IR instead, so they had to cut someone.

Understood. Just seems a bit risky if the intention is to keep him

This was the last day the Pats could add Zusevics to the roster from the NFI list, so it's good to see that he's shown enough to get added to the roster.

We could have waived Rivera. This seems to be a risky choice if we really want to keep the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes