PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR...free agency or the draft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
why no one will say it is bothering me...so I'll say it...I was an advocate of signing Lloyd...by him signing with Condon, he's made a clear statement through action that he has no intention of "coming over" to be with Josh, and in fact, is sending a clear signal he does NOT want to be with the Patriots, unless it is for more money than any other team will pay him.

I'm guessing that when Lloyd signed with Condon, Condon didn't go out of his way to tell Lloyd he didn't deal with the Pats. That said this certainly doesn't help.

There are a lot of FA on available who will be in higher demand that Lloyd. If the Pats are interested they will go into the negotiations knowing what sort of deal makes sense for the team and the cap. We know it will be less that they will offer WW.

IF that can make a deal fine if not so be it. Perhaps Moss will be a stopgap. I am sure the Pats have talked to Weis about the WR from ND and if Charlie thinks he can play in this system I hope they take a shot at him regardless of what happens with Lloyd, WW and Moss.

Well said.

Lloyd has made his decision not to play with the patriots by signing Condon.

Unless, of course, Lloyd didn't do his due diligence when signing with Condon. And, Condon may not have offered full disclosure to Lloyd. Or Condon made Lloyd a promise he knew he wouldn't be able to keep.

That being said, I no longer expect Lloyd to be on the Patriots.

FA for sure. Brandon Lloyd and Eddie Royal, guys who have played in the offense and have had success in it.

Add these two to Welker and Branch with Endleman and Slater playing hybrid roles along with thier ST duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back