Status
Not open for further replies.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
DeAndre Brown-6’6″ 228lbs (4.44 > 4.57) -Southern Miss

Probably will be there in the later middle rounds unless someone reaches for him in the 4th. I think he would be a low risk high reward pick for Belichick. Sending him out there with Gronk and Hernandez would create some serious matchup problems for defenses. He is supposed to be good vs the jam so we won't need him to be a deep threat.

I think on our team he would be the perfect pick to complement Gronk and our smurfs ... and not a risk at that if we get him in the 5th or even high 6th. He may not contribute until the 2012 season as he needs to grow up a bit and polish his routes. I think we need a taller eceiver as opposed to a deep threat receiver for a less mobile than before Tom Brady.

Last edited:
Sideline Scouting - DeAndre Brown Scouting Report
Negatives: Lazy route runner, rounds his cuts, gears down when changing direction... Numbers have dropped every year he's been at Southern Mississippi... Broke his leg at the end of the 2008 season... Missed seven games in 2010 due to injury... Major character concerns... Gives up on plays that aren't designed for him... Pouts when he's not getting the football... Had verbal disputes with coaches on the sidelines... Has bad body language on the field... Not intelligent, has been rumored that he did not qualify academically for most high level schools coming out of high school which is why he ended up at Southern Mississippi... Really needed to come back to school for his senior season, is a first round talent who will fall to the late rounds... Boom or bust type of player, has absolutely every physical tool a team could ask for but is not mentally prepared for the NFL.
If even half of those things are true, then he deserves to go undrafted.

I would rather have Kris Durham (6-5/208) from Georgia as an UDFA. He's not spectacular but is consistant and solid and a good athlete. I think he will probably end up in Detroit though with his ex-college roomate Stafford.

Besides Durham, there's also Lester Jean (6030/211) from FAU, and Courtney Smith (6040/220) out of South Alabama for late round picks. Both have shown very good chops in their respective all-star practices.

What do you mean he needs to grow up? Do you know this or are you just assuming? I don't like the way that sounds.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back