PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Danny Amendola

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this is going to test the "Trust in Bill" crowd. Sounds like a big loss of safety blanket for Tom Brady. Amendola will not be the same..

Well, this is going to test the "Trust in Bill" crowd. Sounds like a big loss of safety blanket for Tom Brady. Amendola will not be the same..

I have a feeling that many things about this offense will not be the same going forward.

If this is true, why didnt they do it last year instead of giving him an inflated 1 year contract?

because it's just not as simple as 1 guy 1 contract.....and every guy is different

mankins got really mad and is still here........wilfork played for the tag and he's still here.....welker decided he didn't like how he was treated, so he left.

lol lets be honest here. josh prefers ****, he prefers who they give him.
I hope they sign amendola because i like him a lot, only issue is injurys but we may get lucky.

amendola is not nearly enough tough, especially with his injury issues.

So your saying other wide receivers could have played through a dislocated elbow with torn ligaments and a broken collar bone?

He actually came back from his broken collar bone quickly.

If Amendola comes here, what are the chances that his contract will be close to what we could have kept Welker for?

I mean, if Amendola's contract is even half of what Welker gets then I'm going to struggle with understanding that move.

He's four years younger 2 inches taller and faster than Welker? If he comes for 2-3 million I think that would be about right. If he doesn't break his collarbone and elbow in each of the past two years he is going for Welker money for 4-5 years. Unfortunately for him his two injuries came at a bad time.

So your saying other wide receivers could have played through a dislocated elbow with torn ligaments and a broken collar bone?

He actually came back from his broken collar bone quickly.

I think Amendola would be a great fit here, I think the question is his durability...he has been fairly injury prone

Welker has been freakishly durable throughout his tenure here...either way, I dont think we need to replace welker with a slot guy..

we already have Slot guys in Hernandez/Gronkowski...we need to replace him with an outside guy

if the pats want to go all out I want Greg Jennings....with him/lloyd on the outside it would open the inside alot more for hernandez/gronk.

then go and re-sign edelman to play as a #3 WR

Gronkowski
Hernandez
Edelman
Amendola

I'm sure they'll be at least 1-2 games a year where they're all healthy at the same time. Maybe the Patriots can sign Ahmad Bradshaw and Mario Manningham, too.

I think the pats wanted to lower the cost of their slot guy so that they could spend more on an outside guy......and that they are trying to go away from having a slot guy be their promary target and that wasn't going to happen as long as welker was here.

I believe that if they wanted welker to be here, that he would be here
Nice post.

On Total Access, @RapSheet just confirmed the Patriots have been talking to Danny Amendola's representatives.

Somebody make it stoppppp

Is this guy even any good? All I keep hearing is that he is injury prone. Why the interest?

According to Shefter 5 year contract with Pats

better not be for more than 4mil/yr

Is this guy even any good? All I keep hearing is that he is injury prone. Why the interest?

if amendola stays healthy he is an excellent receiver

capable of mirroring welker's production (depending on his chemistry w/ brady of course)

he's like a victor cruz but without the name recognition, and a lot more injuries

5 years 31mm. To be honest with his injury history, I would surprised if he stays of the field for more than 2 full years

As injury proned as Gronkowski....breaking bones and tearing tendons tend to cause missed time. Folks act as if his injuries were questionable ones the trusty ol' hamstring, pulled muscles etc....He'll be fine he just needs to drink more milk.

5 years 31mm. To be honest with his injury history, I would surprised if he stays of the field for more than 2 full years

He only had a history starting the last 2 seasons.

2009 - 14
2010 - 16
2011 - 1
2012 - 11

Welker in the hotel this morning

tumblr_ltv8uei6jW1qe3kfyo1_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back