PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoneyFX

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Underwhelming Stallworth and injured Gaffney are cut. Now who is gonna stretch the field if Lloyd gets injured? Now the receiver depth is all of a sudden very thin.

Last edited:
Who you gonna call? Ghost-busters! Oops... Er, Shadow Roster !!

Last edited:
Underwhelming Stallworth and injured Gaffney are cut. Now who is gonna stretch the field if Lloyd gets injured? Now the receiver depth is all of a sudden very thin.

Demps? Maybe BB picks up Dale Moss if Green Bay releases him:D

Did you see either of them stretch the field in PS games? I sure didn't.

Jesse Holley, it's your time to shine!

He looked good in patches for Dallas and that TD against Tampa was a good catch so he's giving himself a chance of making it - especially with the cuts so far.

Last edited:
Jesse Holley, it's your time to shine!

He looked good in patches for Dallas and that TD against Tampa was a good catch so he's giving himself a chance of making it - especially with the cuts so far.

Screw Holley. I'd say Ebert if anyone! I was firmly on his bandwagon too...love his tape and reports from camp.

If we need speed, his 4.3 speed is perfect....

Screw Holley. I'd say Ebert if anyone! I was firmly on his bandwagon too...love his tape and reports from camp.

If we need speed, his 4.3 speed is perfect....

I'm a huge Ebert fan, saw him catch a pair of TD's for Northwestern last year @ Army. At the Saints practice he had an amazing catch too, look it up on youtube.

EDIT: Disclosure: He follows me on twitter.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I remember reading that at various points in camp, they had Hernandez practicing lining up and running routes outside the numbers. He's not really a threat to go streaking down the sideline, but I think he could effectively run the stick, hook and even the medium-deep dig routes.

Since those are the routes where Branch's size really hurts his effectiveness, I think between Hernandez, Branch and every so often Slater running the skinny post, the Pats can make up some of Lloyd's skillset.

i wish gaffney did not get hurt... he i think is a big addition to the wr core, but deion branch must of beat him out of the 3 role....

Can't wait to see a wheel route and some poor LB floundering 10 yards behind trying to cover Demps.

He & Mallett tried to connect with one of those in the Tampa game. The throw was decent,
but Demps turned toward the field instead of toward the sidelines, where the ball landed.
If Demps can master the wheel route to Brady's satisfaction, that play could become a TD-maker.

I remember reading that at various points in camp, they had Hernandez practicing lining up and running routes outside the numbers. He's not really a threat to go streaking down the sideline, but I think he could effectively run the stick, hook and even the medium-deep dig routes.

Since those are the routes where Branch's size really hurts his effectiveness, I think between Hernandez, Branch and every so often Slater running the skinny post, the Pats can make up some of Lloyd's skillset.

Hernandez has to work on holding on to the ball better....guy gets a little careless sometimes....

Were we really expecting Gaffney to stretch the field?

Stallworth is pretty much toast at this point.

Hernandez has to work on holding on to the ball better....guy gets a little careless sometimes....
Somewhat true. He has more trouble when he knows he's got defenders on him and trying to get that extra yard or two. I say he needs more situational awareness. If he has the first down, then by all means go to the ground. If he needs the yard or two, then try to get it.

It might mean giving up a break out play (ala gronk on the one he's frequently highlighted), but those plays are the exception. Then again, I'm sure he's being coached on what to do and he must be following to their satisfaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back