Welcome to PatsFans.com

WR Corps: Downside Alert

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PatsFanInVa, Apr 29, 2007.

1. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +611 / 7 / -7

Okay, I'm calming down from signing euphoria.

I just realized you guys are right, there's an obvious downside to all this:

We just added AD and The Hit Stick to a defense that gave up the second fewest points last season...

We're not going to be playing from behind enough to fully utililze these guys!

WAHHHHHHH! :eek:

2. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Maybe that's why the Colts don't spend on defense!

3. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +185 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

thats funny, good point....but something tells me brady will utilize those wr plenty:rocker:

4. Aqua4Ever04

Aqua4Ever04 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Prior to Moss, I didn't think your starting receivers would even be considered in the uper half of the league. With Moss you guys now have an actul number 1 and can have 2 good starters. (You guys didn't really think you'd be okay with Welker or Washington starting did you?) But it remains to be seen if Moss is still the same player as he was with Culpepper and if he actully wants to play football. I can't wait to see him take plays off for your guys.

5. PatsFan37

PatsFan37 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -1

#37 Jersey

Let me see, you're taunting us and mentioning Culpepper in the same sentence.

So let's say Moss takes a couple plays off and the Pats substitute Gaffney and Caldwell from the bottom of the roster. Wasn't that enough to beat the Fins last year? Before they lost Welker?

I usually don't reply to trolls, but really, you crack me up. :)

6. zippo59

zippo59 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Moss was recently clocked running a 4.29 forty. Sucks for you.

7. Aqua4Ever04

Aqua4Ever04 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well let's see, Moss loses Culpepper and then what did he do? Yeah, he had a MONSTER year last year huh?

And no, it wasn't enough to beat them most recently, the Fins won 21-0 if you recall. And keep thinking Welker is a bonafied super star, that's what cracks me up.

EDIT: And oh yeah, when the guy is moping around on the field, you can't go to the ref and say, "we don't know if Randy is going to try here so is it okay if we bring out a 12th guy?"

Last edited: Apr 29, 2007
  8. Aqua4Ever04

Aqua4Ever04 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Jason Taylor owns Tom Brady, sucks for you.

And I'll take Ginn's speed over Moss' ANY DAY.

9. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +611 / 7 / -7

Oh man, you are deep, deep, in denial.

Listen, I have been a Pats fan since late 60s/early 70s... I remember the stretches like the one you guys are in now. I remember the wishing, the hoping, the feeling that it's just not fair.

But come on now. Your number 1 receiver becomes our 3, if he's lucky. Do you really think your rook's going to change that, even if you do like his speed? He's never run a route in the NFL my friend. He's the equivalent of a guy the rest of this board's pretty much just given up on, but oh yeah, might just be a star in the future, namely Chad Jackson.

You're looking at covering Moss, Stallworth, and [your name here - worst case, the fins' old #1 receiver.] Oh right, forgot, we have a quarterback to get them the ball. Good luck getting the Chiefs' castoff.

Yeah, Jason Taylor's got all that under control.

Dude, you are just plain funny at this point. How'd that AFC East title lock go for ya last year?

Good times.

PFnV

10. mavfan2390

mavfan2390 Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Moss is a downfield reciever, ignoring the fact that he was catching passes from Andrew Freaking Walter, you must take into account that for Moss to be effective, he must be downfield, and for him to be downfield, the QB MUST have time to throw. Despite all this Moss still put up decent numbers.

Besides as your surely know, Moss did way more without Culpepper than vice versa. We gave up a fourth, and he reduced salary, while you paid top dollar and gave up a second. Let me make it clear for you, WE CAME OUT ON TOP AGAIN.

What a great victory that led to a playoff berth. Right? We're already in the playoffs, now we're just improving position with guys like Moss, Meriweather, AT, etc., what are you doing? Wasting picks over kick returners?

And you can hate on Welker all you want, but he led your own team in receptions last season, he will be at most the fourth recieving option here, behind Moss, Stallworth, and Watson.

The man took a HUGE paycut to play here. He wants to win. He came to the right place.

11. PushnPencils

PushnPencils Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +8 / 9 / -4

Ginn won't be racing ANYBODY for at leat 8 weeks due to his leg injury

As a matter of fact, he might not be in camp until week 3.

:bricks: :bricks: :bricks: :bricks:

12. hwc

hwc 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +412 / 41 / -23

Yeah, I hear that Lis Franc sprain boot knocks at least a couple tenths off a receiver's 40 time.:rocker:

13. hobbsownscoles

hobbsownscoles On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Your comparing the most physically gifted WR of all time to Ted Ginn?

14. sieglo

sieglo In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

This is a funny thread.

15. drewdagreat

drewdagreat On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You do realize that we have won 3 of the last 6 Super Bowls and Miami hasn't made the playoffs in 5 years, right?

You go ahead and brag about Ginn who will miss a lot of the off season because he takes celebration lessons with the Gramaticas.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2007
  16. zoostation

zoostation In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then. If the Fins play the Pats 10 times....odds are they will win once or twice. That's typical of a fan of a team who hasn't won anything in 30 years to get all excited over a meaningless regular season game. :rofl:

17. Canada's #1 Pats Fan

Canada's #1 Pats Fan Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The only plays you are going to see him take off are the Special teams plays, namely post TD kick offs.

I hope for you that Cleo Lemon & Lime can get the ball to Ginn Jr. Remember what every media type yelled emphatically after the Phins drafted Ginn - WHAT? As in what - with the surprised and shocked because they can't beleive the gigantic reach they just heard tone to it.

18. spacecrime

spacecrime Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Not any day, you won't. Not today, not next month. Not for a few months because he can't run due to his foot injury still not being healed.

I used to miss Wanny, but after he picked a punt returner over a franchise QB, I think I'm going to like Cameron just fine.

19. Aqua4Ever04

Aqua4Ever04 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Okay, now your just talking out of your back end. Welker was our 3rd slot receiver. But I'm sure you know more about that than I do because you probably watched all 960 minutes of the Dolphins' season like I did huh?

20. Aqua4Ever04

Aqua4Ever04 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well I'm not getting excited about it, I'm just saying you guys always talk about how you own us and we are no problem for the Pats.

And you're right, we were lucky enough to just STUMBLE upon a 3-3 record vs. The Patriots the last 3 years. How's that 1 out of 10 stat looking for ya?