WR Brandon Lloyd re: Patriots & reuniting with McDaniels

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: WR Brandon Lloyd re: Patriots & reuniting with McDaniels

talk about balls!!! how do you defend this circus act? lol
http://gifsoup.com/

Love those .gifs rob. Good stuff.

He's the guy I want.

Reasonable salary demand, won't have to worry about pissing Wes off etc, won't have to worry about spending big money, and maybe even arguably better skills/route running.

Let's get this done.

Clearly you must have seen his shortcomings revealed. In the shower room?

Is that a Penn State/Sandusky reference for PatsfaninPA?

Man he has some amazing hands! Not too worried about his age, the fact that he started off his career a little slow just means he has fewer miles on those tires. Hopefully we can get him and get a few really good years out of him.

finalblloyd.jpg

106877479_display_image.jpg

LloydBrandon-2011ToppsGameDayGD-BL.jpg

It doesnt matter if B.Lloyd wasnt anything before denver...what matters is that he was a good receiver in Denver/Rams Because he GETS the system that Josh McDaniels runs...and thats half the battle.

Chad Ochocinco is a much better WR than Deion Branch...but he was a flop here because he didnt get the system. Branch was an average receiver in seattle...but he gets the system comes here and is productive.

Lloyd knows that he is nothing without Mcd, and the pats know having a receiver who is athletic, can run the full route tree and knows the pats system isnt something you find everyday...theyll hopefully make something work in the middle

We seem to have a real problem guessing who's going to "get it" and he seems like a really athletic receiver who supposedly is sympatico with Josh.

So he's a late bloomer, better for us.

And please, enough with reducing all of sports and life to cumulative averages. They mean nothing by themselves, never have, never will. The right player at the right time in the right system can do great things.

Consistent mediocrities can compile statistics over time, who cares? Don Sutton was not twice as good as Sandy Koufax, but the W-L would indicate that.

Last edited:

Is that a Penn State/Sandusky reference for PatsfaninPA?

The only thing that can compare me with Sandusky is that we both take showers.

..........the difference Is I take them ALONE.

The only thing that can compare me with Sandusky is that we both take showers.

..........the difference Is I take them ALONE.

thanks to sandusky, now everyone in pa showers alone.

Welker, Lloyd, Hill. WR core reloaded!

Suppose you look at his game tape, is there anything on that to indicate insufficient or declining skill?

Here's something to consider, if he was in his early 20s do you think he'd cost a HELLUVA lot more to sign?

I desperately want Reggie Wayne on the team, the fact that he's 34 means it's actually doable, him being younger would put him out of reach.

I agree completely. I think they could actually get both Wayne and Lloyd if they put their minds to it. It would be somewhat expensive but they can get creative with their cap and fit both in, and if they did it would make this offense unstoppable. I think both will get this offense as easily as Branch did and they would contribute where they need it most, outside and downfield. Adding these threats would open up the middle for Welker and the TE's and defenses would essentially be screwed trying to defend it.

Right now is the time to go for it. The cap will be expanding big time in a couple of years and the Patriots have a chance to use their money to put this team over the top for the next 3-4 years. use free agency to add to the defense and put the offense over the top and then use the draft to finish building the defense.

Man he has some amazing hands! Not too worried about his age, the fact that he started off his career a little slow just means he has fewer miles on those tires. Hopefully we can get him and get a few really good years out of him.

Yeah, well that is a half-full view of it. Taking years off at a time, voluntary or not, will certainly help you last longer.

Admittedly, what he has or hasn't done in the past isn't terribly relevant if he can contribute next season, but it is certainly a red flag when you ask whether or not his character will be an issue if something doesn't go his way. Will a coach hurt his feelings in a film session? Will he dog it on a route and lose TB's trust? We don't know, and, as indicated by interest he has attracted in the past, neither does any staff in the league.

Last edited:
I agree completely. I think they could actually get both Wayne and Lloyd if they put their minds to it. It would be somewhat expensive but they can get creative with their cap and fit both in, and if they did it would make this offense unstoppable. I think both will get this offense as easily as Branch did and they would contribute where they need it most, outside and downfield. Adding these threats would open up the middle for Welker and the TE's and defenses would essentially be screwed trying to defend it.

Right now is the time to go for it. The cap will be expanding big time in a couple of years and the Patriots have a chance to use their money to put this team over the top for the next 3-4 years. use free agency to add to the defense and put the offense over the top and then use the draft to finish building the defense.

I really would like to seem them go full steam ahead in the next 3-4 years, possibly the last window of TFB's career.

like I said earlier, it doesnt matter to me if he was an average receiver before he got to Denver...

what matters is that he was a top WR under Mcdaniels for 2 years...in the system that the patriots run...Deion branch is an average receiver..but he is successful because he fits the system...Wes Welker was never a star in Miami..but is one of the best wr's in this system.

Considering the failures of Galloway, Ochocinco, price, tate....going after a Wide Receiver who you KNOW can perform in this system is something that shouldnt be taken lightly.

likewise, I think reggie wayne would do good in this system because he seems like a smart player...or dare I say it a return to Randy Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes