PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WR Brandon Lloyd re: Patriots & reuniting with McDaniels

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: WR Brandon Lloyd re: Patriots & reuniting with McDaniels

Good interview, If you've only read a bit of the highlights from Rappa or Reis check the link for the audio.

He got pretty excited about the pats idea, talked about moving the chains on short routes and some of his past as well.

The full Brandon Lloyd interview from PFT Live | ProFootballTalk

You forgot about the All-Star cast of QB's he was blessed to play with:rolleyes:

Exactly. Lloyd had a big year with Kyle Orton in 2010 - over 1400 yards on 77 catches - almost 20 yards/catch. If he still has the physical skills (which could be there, or not so much, at 31), he could be the outside the numbers guy opposite Branch that the Patriots need. He has good leaping ability to go up for balls against bigger corners and safeties and his size 6'0" 205, helps as a down the field blocker for the other receivers, too.

He's the kind of receiver the Patriots need to keep Revis and other elite corners off Res Wekler and Grabowski, right Mr. Mayor?

Great point, he's had crap QBs throwing to him, even more reason not to give stats too much weight, they don't provide context.

So did OchoSucko who still did nothing with Brady...I wouldn't put Carson Palmer any higher than Orton in terms of QB ratings.

God, I just hope he doesn't bring that "you cant see me" (hands waving in the face) celebration routine if we sign him. Reminds me of bad Maroney memories.

I don't quite understand why any fan would worry about what a player celebrates in the end zone unless the celebration costs 15 yards penalty.

In the end zone means he scored 6 points,Right?...thats what we all want.

If he signs with NE and does a John Cena impression in the end zone 10 or 15 times next season,thats fine with me.

Hell,I would even be able to stomach a Pee Wee Herman dance if it means they scored.

Last edited:

Everyone is Patriot Nation believes Brandon Lloyd is coming to NE = Little Chance Belichick sees the same.

BTW,I know Lloyd is a talented receiver but is passing into his 30s now and is not in a Randy Moss type caliber who is going to change games completely....I have no idea what the hard-on is for regarding Lloyd.

Took the words out of my mouth.

I hope we make this move. Love Llyod's game. To this day....I don't believe Brady has ever had a real do it all stud WR. Moss was to much of a one trick pony in my book...I'm talking about a Nicks, Wayne, Fitz, A. Johnson kind of guy. Someone that corners have to worry about running by them....or putting on the brakes for a comeback route, or running across the middle finding the opening in the zone. Lloyd is like a better version of Branch or Brown at the top of their game.

The only thing about this move that will piss me off is the fact we could have used him this year. The Rams only gave up a 5th rounder for him.

I said it every freaking day for whole season. "The Pats are going to get shut down at some point due to their lack of WR's on the outside. Safeties can rome free and help clog the middle of the field to stop Welker and the TE's....and that's exactly what happened

Were the hell was this move when we had the chance?

God, I just hope he doesn't bring that "you cant see me" (hands waving in the face) celebration routine if we sign him. Reminds me of bad Maroney memories.

If he pulls off those circus catches while wearing the Flying Elvis I don't give a rats ass if he does the Macarena.

I don't quite understand why any fan would worry about what a player celebrates in the end zone unless the celebration costs 15 yards penalty.

In the end zone means he scored 6 points,Right?...thats what we all want.

If he signs with NE and does a John Cena impression in the end zone 10 or 15 times next season,thats fine with me.

Hell,I would even be able to stomach a Pee Wee Herman dance if it means they scored.

I don't mind celebrations in general, in fact, I hate the celebration penalties. However, celebrations are like a show. There are good shows and then there are bad. As with everything, people are going to have an opinion on it.

He excelled in the same system with a QB who can't hold TFB's jock...

Extremely well spoken guy. Really seems to get it. Talked about QB skillsets and how what seperates the elite from the not so elite is ability to grasp defensive concepts via lots of film study and understand what they are attempting to do to you and what you can do to counter it. Also seems to be hedging his bets of necessity (needs at least two teams to court him and he could easily have 3 if KC decides he's a better fit than Bowe culture wise. Got the sense he knows at 30 this isn't just about landing the biggest deal, it's about having the opportunity to prove he has finally put it all together and can be consistently productive for some more time. This situation would absolutely be an ideal one for him, and he knows it.

So did OchoSucko who still did nothing with Brady...I wouldn't put Carson Palmer any higher than Orton in terms of QB ratings.

Bad example, Ocho simply didnt get the Pats system, he was the weak link.

For anything to work well there needs to be a synergy among the pieces involved. While TFB is a vastly better QB than Palmer the fact that Palmer and Ocho are more on the same page than TFB and Ocho means that he had great effectiveness with Palmer.

Then take into account how Welker's production dramatically increased when he came here as opposed to when he was in Miami.

Lloyd flourished under McDaniels, who is our OC. Sign me up!

Ocho uil up a rapport with Palmer over years, Lloyds had 4 different QB's this year alone and still managed 70rec 996yds, Feeley and clemens? 2 back-up jags.

I decided to take a look and ended up putting a list together, I put a star next to the best imo. Carson palmer 86.5 from a ratings perspective he'd be #2 on the list.

11 average to very jag QB's
Jeff Garcia................87.5*
Tim Rattay................81.9
Ken Dorsey...............55.2
Cody Pickett..............16.2
Alex Smith................76.4
Mark Brunell.............84.0*
Jason Cambell...........82.8*
Kyle Orton................79.4*
Sam Bradford............74.2
AJ Feeley..................69.1
Kellen Clemens..........63.1
Average rating.......77.4

Very well spoken guy, great interview. Sounds like he wants a ring. He's coming here, I have no doubt about it.

SOunds like he wants to be here..but again..if a team offer 3 mill more than the pats..he may go to that team...aka bucs

Here are a few in HD from his best season with Kyle Orton delivering the rock. Judge for yourself what Brady might do with this guy in single coverage with Welker, Gronk, Hernandez and Branch on the field with him.

Brandon Lloyd 2010 Season Highlights (HD) - YouTube

He excelled in the same system with a QB who can't hold TFB's jock...

Extremely well spoken guy. Really seems to get it. Talked about QB skillsets and how what seperates the elite from the not so elite is ability to grasp defensive concepts via lots of film study and understand what they are attempting to do to you and what you can do to counter it. Also seems to be hedging his bets of necessity (needs at least two teams to court him and he could easily have 3 if KC decides he's a better fit than Bowe culture wise. Got the sense he knows at 30 this isn't just about landing the biggest deal, it's about having the opportunity to prove he has finally put it all together and can be consistently productive for some more time. This situation would absolutely be an ideal one for him, and he knows it.

I had to do some catching up on Lloyd because I was surprised to see he was 30; didn't seem like he'd been around long enough. Sure enough, he's a guy whose road to this opportunity hasn't been smooth:

On Saturday March 11, 2006, the San Francisco 49ers traded Lloyd to Washington Redskins ... His first season is widely considered a failure, as he caught 23 passes for no touchdowns. According to Howard Bryant of the Washington Post, citing NFL.com, "Lloyd suffered through the worst season for a starting receiver in the Super Bowl era... No starting No. 2 wide receiver in the NFL started more games (12) while producing less (23 catches, 365 yards)."
Lloyd never made it out of Joe Gibbs doghouse, due to a questionable attitude and alleged poor work ethic. On Sunday, November 4, 2007, Lloyd was listed among Redskins inactives as the team traveled to play against the New York Jets. Citing the reason behind the move, Gibbs said that Lloyd had been told to remain behind in Washington as disciplinary action for missing important team meetings. Lloyd would spend the latter part of the 2007 season on injured reserve after having snapped his collar bone while making a diving touchdown catch during team practice.
On February 26, 2008, the Redskins released Lloyd, who caught only two passes for 14 yards for the 2007 season.

Listening to him today he seemed like a bright guy; and his success with a McDaniels offense says a lot. Sometimes a guy just has to mature and recognize then seize his opportunities.

Looks like the pass Gronk was unable to go up for given the ankle problem.
http://gifsoup.com/
nice deep ball:rolleyes:

Is it just me, or does it seem like it's been awhile since we've had a WR who has the balls/talent/skillset to go up and snatch a ball like that?

(besides '07 Moss)

Is it just me, or does it seem like it's been awhile since we've had a WR who has the balls/talent/skillset to go up and snatch a ball like that?

(besides '07 Moss)

talk about balls!!! how do you defend this circus act? lol
http://gifsoup.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey