Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
That was my first reaction when I read this at Patriots Planet:

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?threadid=27570

Great Quote from an Eagles Board

From concretefield (which is actually a very good board--hardcore fans and not riddled with teenagers like the Eagles main board):

If the Pats were just coasting through the season, collecting wins against inferior opponents, I might be convinced that they could come out flat and be surprised by the Eagles. It has happened to some team every year since the Dolphins won them all.

That's not how the Pats are playing. They are systematically destroying teams, then kicking them when they are down just to make sure they are dead. Then they piss on the corpses. The Pats are playing angry, no holds barred, no mercy. It is a beautiful thing to watch. I wish it could have been the Eagles.

After I thought about it, my next reaction was DAAAAAMN, IS THAT WHAT OUR BELOVED PATRIOTS ARE DOING? :eek:

I agree with the guy who posted this at that Eagles board. It is indeed a beautiful thing to watch. :rocker:

Last edited:
Yes. Yes it is. :)

You know, this is not an uncommon perception from true football fans around the country who are most definately not Patriot fans.

While we are enjoying the hell out of this, and truly, its difficult to put into words, there are a lot of people who (again, NOT Patriot fans) are in amazement and deep down, dig this theme the Pats have taken on this season.

I for one, welcome all bandwagon riders.

Nice to see some dead-on stuff from other teams fans, after all the **** we've been hearing.
That guy definitely gets it.

So does one of my friends, who is a Broncos fan. He said the Patriots are playing the game the way it should be played and he has a lot of fun watching them.

More than anything that we can say about our team, The above post gives me the greatest satisfaction of all. To hear it from your enemies.

I hope I have the same class as those posters who put into words what I have had trouble doing this year.

Great post Amazedbyitall07....

Last edited:
More than anything that we can say about our team, The above post gives me the greatest satisfaction of all. To hear it from your enemies.

I hope I have the same class as those posters who put into words what I have had trouble doing this year.

Great post Amazedbyitall07....

Agreed. And WELCOME to Amazedbyitall07!!!!

Wow is right. They're 23.5 point favorites (against the Eagles) for a reason.

I may have already said it on here, but when myself and my buddies get together every week, we have a few constants.

I'll be wearing my Tedy Bruschi Jersey, comfortable sweatpants, and my Boston Red Sox hat.

My buddy will be wearing his Moss jersey (Vikings jersey, from years ago).

We'll drink beer and order food.

And until this year, now, every game, we laugh. I can't get over this team. My mind can't grasp it. It's a perfect storm of talent, career (and possibly all-time) years by Brady and Moss, an absolutely outstanding offensive line, and a defense that would be getting ridiculous hype if it wasn't for the offense scoring touchdowns on 50% of their drives this year.

We laugh during games. We laugh how little time it takes them to score.

And I'm so glad I have Brady and Welker (and for a brief time, Sammy Morris) on my fantasy team.

Last edited:
a few more:

(from the steelers board after the Colts game)

"I tried staying away from this game all week, but it just found me wherever I went. I even stayed away from ESPN (Entertainment & Sports Patriots Network) but it still didn't matter. I have to give them credit (as much as it kills me to do so). They just don't make mistakes, get injuries, get sacked much or turn the ball over very often. Such a classless organization like theirs does not deserve such greatness. One thing that I find interesting is that most of America hates their guts.
Because of the Patriots, it makes me look at the rest of our season as possibly becoming anticlimatic. Of course I want the Steelers to keep winning and getting better and I'll enjoy every chance I see them play. I'll hope like heck that they can somehow beat the Patriots. But there's that constant feeling of 'we're going to have to go straight into the buzzsaw at some point."

from the Giants board:

"I don't think that people really hate the Patriots. I think that it is more that the talking head jerks make us hate them, by talking about them non-stop, like they are obsessed ex girlfriends. The Patriots are actually quite humble during post game interviews, and it dawned on me after they beat the Colts, that they themselves never say anything boastfull or disrespectfull about the team they just defeated. No matter how bad the next opponent might be, Bellichick always says that they will be tough. I think they get a bad rap more out of jelousy than anything else.

an Eagles board:

"I also would like to express my love for the Patriots "BEAT THE S**T OUT OF YOU AND F**K THE WORLD" attitude. I'd be pissed off too if I worked as hard as he did and still got **** for it. So I would come out every week pissed the **** off. They are so much better than everyone in the league, they have worked hard and honestly to get to that point, and they show it by ass pounding the other team week after week. And for those who have sore *******s, maybe you should play better. How about you STOP the Pats on fourth and one. Ever think of that?!

Theres no possible way you or anyone else can legitimately talk **** on the Patriots. You just sound like an idiot."

and later his buddy:

"I will agree with you here. This team is so far beyond the rest of the league right now, its as if they need to move up a division. The calls for "sportsmanship" are getting a little tired, you don't want them to score 60pts on you? Stop them. The Pats put together a simply incredible collection of football players, they are going to beat the crap out of just about every team they face. They could start yanking their starters after halftime, but how is that not disrespectful? You can "go easy" on your little brother, but when you are a professional athlete playing against other professional athletes, giving less than your best simply because you don't need your best to win would be the most disrespectful thing for the Pats to do."

and a few more from the Steelers board this past week:

"I've been trying to deny it and keep hoping Karma will catch up to them but New England has played the best 10 games of any team in history. It's like they're Nebraska playing against the Big 8 in 1995"

"I too am the eternal optimist and have been for 50 years of being a diehard fan of this great football team. That being said, I made the statement that the rest of the AFC could make up an all-star team and they would still have a hard time beating the Pats. I know this is a crazy statement, but New England looks unbeatable."

long time lurker, first time poster. great board, guys.

That might just be the best and most informative first post in the history of this board.

Nice job and welcome.

hey thanks. i'm thinking i might repost this this as it's own. didn't mean to overwhelm the thread.

I frequent the forums at footballguys.com which has fans from all around the league. It's fashionable over there to hate on the Pats and amp up the whole cameragate angle, but several of the haters have turned and are rooting for the 19-0 season. Do you know what the biggest factor in their turn? Having to read post after post from fans of the latest Pats victim whining about the Pats "running up the score". It's getting old for everyone.

I will say this, though. It appears that the biggest holdouts from making this turn are Steelers fans. A good lot of them absolutely hate the Pats and us fans.

Regards,
Chris

That was my first reaction when I read this at Patriots Plantet.
http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?threadid=27570

After I thought about it, my next reaction was DAAAAAMN, IS THAT WHAT OUR BELOVED PATRIOTS ARE DOING? :eek:

I agree with the guy who posted this at that Eagles board. It is indeed a beautiful thing to watch. :rocker:

This is the way all football fans (not to mention competitors and commentators) should feel about the Patriots if you truly are a fan of the game at it's best and not some knee jerk with a fan boy mentality who just wants his team or the team he picked to win even if they don't deserve to.

Admire excellence rather than jealously sniping at it like it isn't something in your wildest dreams you would kill to be capable of or have your team or the team you touted be capable of. And then demand your team - from the FO to the waterboys as is the case here - aspire to it and refuse to except excuses for why they can't achieve it.

and the real possibility is, if the second half of seasons in past years are any indication, that this team should keep getting better, barring any major injuries. awesome!

Line from Megadeath song "Architecture of agression"

"You know you sweat your worth when your enemies praise you Architecture of agression"

Now that I think about it, the whole song sounds good when discribing the Patriots

Born from the dark,
In the black cloak of night.
To envelop its prey below,
Deliver to the light.
To eliminate your enemy,
Hit them in their sleep,
And when all is won and lost,
The spoils of wars are yours to keep.

Let's not congratulate the Eagles' fans too much...later on in the same thread there are calls for Moss and brady to have their knees taken out, for BB to be targeted with an out-of-bounds ht, and even for Brady to be "Darryl Stingley-ed".

Very classy and warm.

Here's something from ExtremeSkins (in a sea of "Classless!!!!! Brady will get his knees taken out and I'll watch it again and again!" posts, that is):

Personally, I admire just how dominant the Patriots are.

It's amazing that in this day and age that a team could be put together that is this far ahead of literally everyone else in the NFL. They keep pounding you and pounding you until you literally give up and just don't want to play them anymore.

Let's face facts, we'd all be singing a different tune regarding "running up the score" if it were the Redskins demonstrating that kind of superiority.

You all had better just sit back and admire it because we are witnessing one of the greatest (if not the greatest) team in the history of the NFL.

If the Patriots want it, there is no doubt they are going 19-0. None.

Last edited:
I frequent the forums at footballguys.com which has fans from all around the league. It's fashionable over there to hate on the Pats and amp up the whole cameragate angle, but several of the haters have turned and are rooting for the 19-0 season. Do you know what the biggest factor in their turn? Having to read post after post from fans of the latest Pats victim whining about the Pats "running up the score". It's getting old for everyone.

I will say this, though. It appears that the biggest holdouts from making this turn are Steelers fans. A good lot of them absolutely hate the Pats and us fans.

Regards,
Chris

not after week 14, then theyll just join the rest of the league, watching in amazement

Let's not congratulate the Eagles' fans too much...later on in the same thread there are calls for Moss and brady to have their knees taken out, for BB to be targeted with an out-of-bounds ht, and even for Brady to be "Darryl Stingley-ed".

Very classy and warm.

Go read the Bills vs. Patriots gamethread on Two Bills Drive if you want to see some real vitriol. Heck, it's not even just there, it's all throughout their threads.

...., now, every game, we laugh. I can't get over this team. My mind can't grasp it. It's a perfect storm of talent, career (and possibly all-time) years by Brady and Moss, an absolutely outstanding offensive line, and a defense that would be getting ridiculous hype if it wasn't for the offense scoring touchdowns on 50% of their drives this year.

We laugh during games. We laugh how little time it takes them to score.

You're right!
And i hadn't noticed how strange that is.
Like you ... i LAUGH a lot
at the implausibility ... the EASE ... of so much of it.

Someone once wrote (about Joe DiMaggio),
"The great ones do the impossible,
and make it look easy!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back