PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WOW...Reiss rips SHULA in mailbag

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have no point, it's obvious you've been exposed

*ROFLMAO* The only thing that's been exposed is how much of an idiot you are. Since you clearly don't have the mental capacity to figure it out for yourself, here you go.

Shula is a hypocrite. A few years ago, he was talking about how no team would ever go 16-0 and because of how hard it would be. And that if a team did, it would an accomplishment in and of itself.

Now, because the PATRIOTS have done it, it supposedly means NOTHING. Because he and the 72 Dolphins are classless, they have to have a list of quotes ready for the media that downplays the Pats accomplishments. Because, instead of celebrating a perfect regular season and the accomplishment that it is, they treated it as if the Pats had just gone 0-16.

Hell, when someone who despises BB the way Ron Borges does, comes out in support of the Pats accomplishment and says that its stupidity to think that the Patriots have accomplished means nothing, you know that the person downplaying the accomplishment is a hater and not objective.

I'm sure that sentiment may have been expressed in some way,but at least we didnt have to watch those morons sipping champagne.....and you know Shula and crew had some bottles with them wherever they went,just in case!

I doubt the '72 Dolphins cheated. Unlike New England.

By the way, who will the Pats select with their first round pick? Oh right.....they don't have one......

Cheated? Who cheated? Maybe you are talking about breaking the rules regarding usage of a camera on the field.

And actually they do have a first round pick, Einstein.

Last edited:
Cheated? Who cheated? Maybe you are talking about breaking the rules regarding usage of a camera on the field.

And actually they do have a first round pick, Einstein.

ha ha, ignore him lj. Looking at the big picture our team is 16-0, won close games, won shootouts, they are going to be familiar with the degree of intensity required for the playoffs, they have been there before.

As Brady correctly said, people are gonna say what they want. Don't waste your energy or be enticed by what they say. Do you really care?

We are 16-0, the first 16-0 team, we have 3 Sb's.

We are 16-0, no team has ever accomplished that in the regular season.

16-0, 3 SB's

16-0

We rock....it's all about our team, our families and us fans baby. It's ALL about us.

It's ALL about us....

Last edited:
because 72' fins are a bunch of jackasses. it's that simple. but that doesnt mean they're being their usual jackass selves by not conceding a perfect regular season = perfect season. because it doesnt

Who SAID a perfect regualr season = a perfect season?????

You (and the '72 Dolphins) are arguing against your (and their) imagination.

......and Imagination is putting up a pretty good fight.

Life long Dolphin fan here.

I want to say a couple things to all of you and I say the same thing to fellow Dolphin fans as well.

1. Mercury Morris needs to tone it down and stop embarassing himself.

2. Shula did not say anything about an asterisk being put by thier name if you listen to the exact quote

3. The infamous champagne toast that everyone seems so offended by:

Are you going to tell me that it's inappropiate to be proud of and celebrate an accomplishment youve had and do it with your team mates. It's not the 72 Dolphins that make it a national event, it's the media that put cameras on it.

The media is too blame for alot of the animosity that is shared for them amongst nfl fans. They dont flaunt thier sucess and they celebrate it's endurance.

4. The idea that thier record would be less significant then yours if you should suceede in winning the superbowl is way off base. Miami experienced a blessed season in 72 just as the Pats are having one this year. You can talk about scheduel changes, bye weeks, more regular season games, salary caps, rule changes that now favor pass oriented offenses, and on and on I go. Point is this While both records are similiar they will never be the same, one is not better then the others just different. People are trying to compare apples and oranges.

5. Pat fans, not all of you but some of you should rethink how you present yourselves to the rest of america. Enjoy the sucesses of the records you have secured already, look forward to breaking the records ahead of you. Celebrate your teams season and show america you appriciate all the great things that you have done so far this season. I was with a very good friend of mine watching the Giants game and after you all had won I said to her "great job, you have alot to be happy about tonight" and she replied that she would not be happy until they won the SB. Thats the exact sentiment I hear from alot of you, and it really dosnt put a good face on your fan base. You all act like every game is buiness as ussaul and the wins really are not significant or the records broken along with those wins, It's all about the SB, but then you get upset when someone like Shula dosnt really acknowledge and fall all over your team with praises for thier current accomplishments but looks forward to the superbowl.

While I do agree that Mercury Morris has been very classless in his comments noone else has from the 72 Dolphins. Your hands are not entirely clean either reguarding acting classless. It was pretty rude to boo vinatiari last year. It was rude to down play the significance of defeating the current superbowl champs this year. Your team shows no humility for the blessings it has had this year. According to many of you it's an all or nothing season for you and if you should happen to not reach your goal then the entire season is meaningless.

Enjoy the year your having because as some of you remember there was a time when you had people like Pete Carrol coaching your team. Dont waste all these precious moments on obsessing about something that you may or may get. Enjoy all your sucesses to thier most.

With all that being said:

Congradulations to all you friggin Patsy's I hate you all for how badly you beat up my beloved Dolphins and stealing my boy Welker.

PS.... I was secretly hoping the Bills would of gotten the wildcard spot and knocked you all out of the playoffs in your first post season game. :rocker:

Deus -
While Shula is, technically, correct, he's is totally downplaying the Pats accomplishment and disregarding how much harder the accomplishment is. Also, Shula, a few years ago, said that 16-0 would never be accomplished and he cited some of the following reasons. (please note that some of these are my own)

1) The salary cap.
2) The free agency era
3) Team turnover because of the first two
4) So many more teams now than there were then (32 compared to 26)
5) The longer schedule (16 compared to 14)
6) The additional wild card round.
7) The changes in the scheduling (Miami no longer getting New England IN Miami late in the season all the time and other scheduling "anomalies")

Amen.......winning 16 straight games in today's NFL (including all the above points you mention) is a MILLION times more difficult than what the 72 doofins accomplished......They played a soft schedule....and were the only somewhat talented team that year in a league of HORRIBLE teams.......I would love to be able to send today's Pats back in time against the doofs......If the league didn't stop the game.....Pats would win with well over 100 points.....don't see the doofins even sniffing the goal line.....Shula, Morris.....are all pathetic and sad old losers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back