PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WOW...Reiss rips SHULA in mailbag

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hate to tell you but shula is right. we havent had a perfect season like they did winning every regular and post - season game. not yet anyway. get with the program people. i spelled it all out in this previous post
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showpost.php?p=709652&postcount=1

The point is absolutely correct. No one is arguing that. In fact, I haven't heard ANYONE out of 300+ million American's argue that what the Pats have done (so far) outranks the 1972 Dolphins.

So why is Shula flying to games on Monday Nights in Baltimore, being interviewed during halftime of every Patriots game and faxing statements to the media on the night of the Patriots 16th win? Why are we getting Mercury Morris' FredEx Gong Show every few minutes? We got the point months ago. At this time, they are merely hogging spotlight.

Hank Aaron and the Maris family handled their situations with class and dignity. When Peyton Manning broke Dan Marino's season TD record in 2004, Marino did also.

Don Shula and many of the '72 Dolphins could learn much from those examples.

The point is absolutely correct. No one is arguing that. In fact, I haven't heard ANYONE out of 300+ million American's argue that what the Pats have done (so far) outranks the 1972 Dolphins.

So why is Shula flying to games on Monday Nights in Baltimore, being interviewed during halftime of every Patriots game and faxing statements to the media on the night of the Patriots 16th win? Why are we getting Mercury Morris' FredEx Gong Show every few minutes? We got the point months ago. At this time, they are merely hogging spotlight.

Hank Aaron and the Maris family handled their situations with class and dignity. When Peyton Manning broke Dan Marino's season TD record in 2004, Marino did also.

100% Correct.

because 72' fins are a bunch of jackasses. it's that simple. but that doesnt mean they're being their usual jackass selves by not conceding a perfect regular season = perfect season. because it doesnt

Well, perhaps Shula is tired of having the Patriots shoved down his throat all the time, like every other NFL fan. The Patriots and their fans are some of the most arrogant people I've ever witnessed. If New England doesn't go all the way and win the Super Bowl, Cris Collinsworth is going to whine and cry like the little ***** he is. Pats are a great team, but I think their arrogance is going to be their undoing. I, for one, am looking forward to their early exit from the playoffs.

:trolls:

Well, perhaps Shula is tired of having the Patriots shoved down his throat all the time, like every other NFL fan. The Patriots and their fans are some of the most arrogant people I've ever witnessed. If New England doesn't go all the way and win the Super Bowl, Cris Collinsworth is going to whine and cry like the little ***** he is. Pats are a great team, but I think their arrogance is going to be their undoing. I, for one, am looking forward to their early exit from the playoffs.

Shoving 19-0 down the throats of people like you - make it all that much sweeter.

i hate to tell you but shula is right. we havent had a perfect season like they did winning every regular and post - season game. not yet anyway. get with the program people. i spelled it all out in this previous post
http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showpost.php?p=709652&postcount=1

This is hilarious coming from you NTC. I suggest you "get with the program" and actually READ what Reiss said instead of showing yourself to be stupid, yet again. Reiss wasn't ripping Shula for saying that the Pats haven't had a perfect season. Reiss ripped Shula for being so damn condescending about what's been accomplished so far. To the extent that he had quotes typed up and ready to hand out to the press PRIOR to the game between the Pats and Giants even being over.

Last edited:

What arrogance have the Patriots shown? Seriously? WTF are you talking about? Do you even know what the word ARROGANCE means?

As for the fans, I hate to tell you this, chumly, but in regards to arrogance, Pats fans are well behind the fans of the Chargers, Raiders, Colts, and Cowboys. You'd know that if you had a damn clue about anything.

As for Cris Collinsworth, you must have him confused with someone else because he's so NOT on the Pats bandwagon its not even funny.

The Patriots and their fans are some of the most arrogant people I've ever witnessed.

Where do you live? Admittedly, it's been a few years since I've lived back home but out here in New Mexico I've yet to meet an arrogant Pats' fan.

Skiing in Durango the weekend before Chirstmas, I was harrassed by the fans of several other teams (mostly Broncos, Raiders and Cowboys). Arrogance? Only in your imaginary world.

"You are a sad, strange, little man. You have my pity!"

Reiss ripped Shula for being so damn condescending about what's been accomplished so far. To the extent that he had quotes typed up and ready to hand out to the press PRIOR to the game between the Pats and Giants even being over.

so what? in this era of media twisting everything and stirring controversy, whats wrong w/ being prepared?

It won't be 19-0, and you'll be crying when they lose. Just like all the other Bandwagoners.

You really should keep your mouth shut. Particularly when it comes to accusing fans of other teams of being bandwagoners.

What morons like yourself don't realize is that there have been Pats fans rooting for this team since they began playing in the AFL. That fan nation has grown every year. Yes, there were some that jumped off during the low years of 1-15 and 2-14, but many came back when Parcells was hired. And, since you missed it, the Pats have sold out every game since 1993 and their waiting list for season tickets is the longest in NFL history outside of Green Bay.

so what? in this era of media twisting everything and stirring controversy, whats wrong w/ being prepared?

Umm.. the sheer arrogance of it? But that's clearly beyond your understanding.

Umm.. the sheer arrogance of it? But that's clearly beyond your understanding.

im shocked by all the sensitive wusses calling themselves pats fans. it's like you have nothing better to do than nit pick about every little thing shula, mangini, ny post, PTI, NFL Network etc etc etc .... do. get over it. so shula had prepared notes. SO FREAKING WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if anything it was the giants he was dissing by assuming they'd lose. do you see giants all worked up? NO!!!!!!! grow up wuss. you know youre wrong when even NY fans have thicker skin

Word is they aren't going to be
toasting with champagne anymore.
Now that they are #2 they've switched to:

273.jpg

I don't get the problem that people are having with this. Shula is absolutely correct. The '72 Dolphins aren't the only team to have an unbeaten regular season, that's been done 4 times now. They are, however, the only team to have an unbeaten regular season and then go undefeated in the playoffs. Unless New England wins the Super Bowl this year, Shula's '72 team will remain the only team to have an undefeated season. New England's 16-0 is historic, because a 16-0 regular season had never been done before. Without the Lombardi, though, this Patriots team still won't be on that same level as the '72 Dolphins.

Wow something you and I agree on, its a miracle...:cool:

Raider fans talk **** to all fans, because they are mostly animals. But the Pats fans are worse.

*ROFLMOA* Clearly you don't know wtf you are talking about and you've never EVER lived in Southern California.

Dude.....keep in mind you're dealing with Patriots fans. They can do no wrong, in their own eyes. Hell, their team was caught clearly cheating, and they tried to brush it off. If it were another team, they'd be screaming.

Other teams have been caught committing the exact same transgression, screaming does no good.

As for "doing no wrong", you have read very many posts on this board, have you? Half of them are objective critical analyzes. If you don't know what that is, look it up.

i agree with those who were surprised and happy that mike reiss let himself lose a little bit of his typical cool over this. to be honest, as someone who once lived in Miami, i am at a complete loss as to why the 72 dolphins are being such complete jerks over the pats run. they seem to have forgotten that the american public (people who watch commercials) doesn't like "cranky and small minded."

it would seem to me that they would have a whole lot more to gain in terms of respect, endorsements and media time if they took this attitude: we are rooting for the patriots to join us on the top of the mountain, if for no other reason than to remind people how hard it is to do what we did. we'll be honest with you, we're competitors and so there's always going to be a part of us that wants to remain alone up here, but, all in all, we wish the patriots well in pulling off an undefeated season through the playoffs and joining us on the mountaintop. The champagne's on us. Go Pats!

Then, if the patriots lose in the playoffs, they can take the high road, and say how sorry they are that the pats didn't match their record. it would go without saying, then, that they were still the only team to pull it off. they would come across as classy and can you imagine the commercial endorsements they could get in the offseason.
PFS74, very well said. It's often troubling when human nature takes some into the negative side where they feel frightened that something great with which they've been associated could ever be diminished by someone else accomplishing the same thing. No matter what, their record is intact as the first to ever achieve that accomplishment. Congratulating all those who follow only serves to cement the importance of the original accomplishment and reinforces the class and dignity of those who first got there.

To be fair, many of the '72 Dolphins have done just that.

hah hah. thanks. it just seems common sense to me. you catch more flies with sugar than vinegar.

Man! You ARE good! I too had the exact thought of the earlier poster when I first read your post (the first one). You expressed it so well and from a marketing standpoint, it was an excellent strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes