PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wow-poor Bills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jets, Broncos, Cowboys are all easily winnable. Broncos going into Buffalo on opening day? That's a tough spot. Cowboys and Jets going up to RWS is tough too.

Broncos game easily winnable? - lets see Losman throwing deep to Bly and Bailey covering their less than good receivers?...Hmmm..I say NO WAY,They have a better chance of beating US than Denver IMO,They know us very well.

I know a few Bills fans and they are cool guys.
Again; they are not from NY city or fish fans so its easy.

People need to do something to you before you Hate them. I don't quote "hate" because I am suppose to or its the thing to do.

NO, I actually DO live in Western NY, and booofalo fans are a-holes like everyone else. :rolleyes:

Actually, I must say though this year, most I've talked to, instead of the unrealistic blind optimism I usually see, I'm actually seeing real frustration and anger at the o-season moves so far.

..... and of course, I'm rubbing it in every chance I get. They'll be lucky to go 1-4 in that stretch. They are NOTORIOUS slow starters, coming on on;y when it no longer matters. The Bills, like the fins, will not be a factor in the AFC east again this year.

Last edited:
NO, I actually DO live in Western NY, and booofalo fans are a-holes like everyone else. :rolleyes:

Actually, I must say though this year, most I've talked to, instead of the unrealistic blind optimism I usually see, I'm actually seeing real frustration and anger at the o-season moves so far.

..... and of course, I'm rubbing it in every chance I get. They'll be lucky to go 1-4 in that stretch. They are NOTORIOUS slow starters, coming on on;y when it no longer matters. The Bills, like the fins, will not be a factor in the AFC east again this year.

I think they're smart. Donahoe's Bledsoe and McGahee moves screwed that team. They need to rebuild, so why hang on to high priced players that'll be retirement age when the young group matures?

D'ho screwed that team but old man Wilson shares the responsibility. The once great AFL pioneering franchise is a league basket case. I won't be surprised to see them move. Timing depends on when the old man takes the dirt nap. Too bad, as I've always liked the Bills. Hated to see Scott Norwood miss the chip shot and the hated Jints win.

I just don't get it. How can you like a division rival? I hate the Pats, Jets and Bills with a strong cerial killer like passion.

I don't hate the Bills like the other division teams, but I once stomped the crap out of a bowl of fruit loops.:)

Unintended humor. Always the best.
Did you hear about the guy they found dead in the woods near Ralph Wilson Stadium face down in a bowl of milk with a banana up his butt? They think it was a cereal killer.:rofl:

You can only say this if you conveniently forget that the Pats had the ball at the end of the Bills game and ran out the clock. It looked like they could have scored on that final drive if they needed some points.

Hmm... well, I don't think that I'm conveniently forgetting anything... like most of you, I was at the game... but I felt VERY lucky to get out of there with a win.

The Bills SHOULD have won that game... take the homer out of all of us, and I think that's the general feel.

Media Hype does not equal a good team (see the 'fins from last year)... building correctly is what matters... I WISH that the Bills weren't rebuilding correctly, but they are.... I WISH that the Jets weren't rebuilding correctly, but they are.

The 'fins, luckily, continue to do questionable things... and should help us out for years to come!

you also have to forget the facemask on the first play of the game that wasn't called

Well... see above... there are various infractions on just about every play in the NFL save kneel-downs and kicks... Game 1 last year was a bit of a jolt for us, I think. Now Week 11 (game 10) was a complete drubbing... so, we did dominate them later in the season... but Week 1, they looked better than we did (on that day, on that field).

I am not overly concerned about any of our division rivals this year... but I do think that the Bills have an outstanding shot at coming in #2 this year in the AFC East....they won't finish last in the AFC East.

Hmm... well, I don't think that I'm conveniently forgetting anything... like most of you, I was at the game... but I felt VERY lucky to get out of there with a win.

The Bills SHOULD have won that game... take the homer out of all of us, and I think that's the general feel.

Media Hype does not equal a good team (see the 'fins from last year)... building correctly is what matters... I WISH that the Bills weren't rebuilding correctly, but they are.... I WISH that the Jets weren't rebuilding correctly, but they are.

The 'fins, luckily, continue to do questionable things... and should help us out for years to come!

The Bills shouls have won that game?

The Bills were no better than the Patriots in that game. I would agree with you if it was one of the situations were one team dominates but the other team manages to pull it out. The Bills did not dominate. They got absolutely torn up by Maroney and Dillon (both average over 5 YPC), Brady threw two TD's, and our defense allowed 10 whole points. It was a close game where no one really looked superior, but in the end the Patriots made the plays they needed to pull it out, like they have done so mnay times in the past.

Last edited:
The Bills shouls have won that game?

The Bills were no better than the Patriots in that game. I would agree with you if it was one of the situations were one team dominates but the other team manages to pull it out. The Bills did not dominate. They got absolutely torn up by Maroney and Dillon (both average over 5 YPC), Brady threw two TD's, and our defense allowed 10 whole points. It was a close game where no one really looked superior, but in the end the Patriots made the plays they needed to pull it out, like they have done so mnay times in the past.

No way.... at the end of the first half, some of the Razor "faithful" were actually throwing out some boos at how poorly the Pats were playing. Now that is unacceptable behavior... especially given everything the Pats have given us over the past decade... and wrong to do if you really are a fan of this team... but you are remembering incorrectly.

In the SECOND HALF... we got our act together... but the first half was bad news and we were dominated (from the first play on)... we can agree to disagree, but I try hard to NOT be a homer when I look at these things... Bills II at the Ralph that year was great (I was at that game, also.... FRONT ROW!)... and that was a completely dominating game for us. But week 1, first half, we were run out of the razor. We were lucky to escape with a win.

They could start 0 for 5. By the Bye; there season may be over!

week 1: Broncos
week 2 @ Steelers
week 3 @ Patriots
week 4 Jets
week 5 Cowboys
week 6 bye

Yeah thats the way it looks. The Bills are going to be sorry this season. They will be lucky to win 4 games.

No way.... at the end of the first half, some of the Razor "faithful" were actually throwing out some boos at how poorly the Pats were playing. Now that is unacceptable behavior... especially given everything the Pats have given us over the past decade... and wrong to do if you really are a fan of this team... but you are remembering incorrectly.

In the SECOND HALF... we got our act together... but the first half was bad news and we were dominated (from the first play on)... we can agree to disagree, but I try hard to NOT be a homer when I look at these things... Bills II at the Ralph that year was great (I was at that game, also.... FRONT ROW!)... and that was a completely dominating game for us. But week 1, first half, we were run out of the razor. We were lucky to escape with a win.

People were booing because everyone expected the Patriots to be way better than the Bills so when they end of playing about equal then of course Patriots fans are going to be dissapointed and Bills fans will be thrilled. In the first half our passing game struggled, but the running game was killer. I think you are letting your expectations of the two teams get in the way. Bottom line is neither team played particulary well. The Patriots did some things well, and other things not so well, and the same was true for the Bills. If you look at impartially neither team distinguished itself as the truly superior one.

Last edited:
Yeah, all three are tough. For the Bills.

The Bills defense is gutted, and they have no RB again, and their QB is Losman. They'll be 3-13, maybe 4-12.

The defense lost Clements, that's it. Losing Spikes and Fletcher did not gut their defense at all.

Jills could just as easily beat us as any of those other teams. Remember '03 when they completely shut us out the first game of the season? We won the Super Bowl that year. Don't ever count division games as wins. Fish had two wins by the time we played them in '04 (with us on a strong tide and on the way to the SB) and beat us. The Bills could easily beat us, the Jest, and I can see them beating the Cowboys too.

Your '03 example is bogus. Brady and the team were in a funk after Lawyer abruptly and unexpectedly went from the Pats to the Bills. Not an every season occurance.

Yes, it's possible for the Bills to beat us this year, but I will give you 10:1 odds on any bet you wish to make.

Your '03 example is bogus. Brady and the team were in a funk after Lawyer abruptly and unexpectedly went from the Pats to the Bills. Not an every season occurance.

Yes, it's possible for the Bills to beat us this year, but I will give you 10:1 odds on any bet you wish to make.

There's always 10:1 odds that favor us on this board. None of you seem to think that there's always a 50/50 chance we will lose to a division opponent when we play them. Division games are never sealed shut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes