PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wow........I can't help but think what might....

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEM said:
Not entirely accurate. We had a 1st and goal from their five yard line, and piss poor offensive play calling put Brady into that situation. Denver played it well, but it never should have come to that.

We had two previous plays to get it in, and the play calls were absolutely pitiful.
we have benefitted by bad playcalling by the opposition also but never see it that way.anyways ..2006 it is.

huskeralk said:
But we did beat them in the regular season. Therefore if the Steelers win, we can pretend that we're really the Super Bowl champs. :rocker:

Awesome.:cool:

NEM said:
Of course I do. The eagles game in the Super Bowl is a prime example.

But the fact that the other team(s) may have done it,m does not make our bad play calling right, does it?

That's exactly my point, we had too many games that were closer than they should have been because of piss poor offensive play calling oon our part, primarily in the first quarter, and first halves, of games.

sure..but thats football isnt it. Someone does make a mistake -players or coaches.if both teams played flawless then we would have OT games all the time. its the nature of sports i guess . thats why i was always bummed when people said the pats dont make mistakes in their superbowl runs.Well we did but did much more good things. Not last week.
About last week i think the big diff with the steelers today was
1. there was threat of a steelers running game which reduced the denver blitz.
2.The steelers o line played awesome .Ben was hardly hit whereas brady was running or getting hit a lot.
the loss of an effective running game like last yr really cost us a lot.even if dillon was healthy , his early season struggles put doubts in the off playcalling in the end.iam pretty sure the same play last yr - 2nd and goal at the 5 wouldve been 2 running plays with no den blitz.

Congrats to the Steelers, glad to see Bettis make it to the Bowl. Roth came up big, Cowher played to win.

Cotta respect 3 in a row on the road, good job.

BelichickFan said:
It's easier to deal with this now. After losing to Denver due to mistakes and refs, if Denver had smoked Pittsburgh we would have known we were a sh!tty game away from the Super Bowl. Now, while we very well could have beaten Pittsburgh, there's no way we can say that we definitely would have won. Which makes it easier for me.

Agree totally.

It's been a long time since a wildcard team won three in a row on the road to get into the SB. Has anyone done that since the 1985 Patriots?

patsfan13 said:
Congrats to the Steelers, glad to see Bettis make it to the Bowl. Roth came up big, Cowher played to win.

Cotta respect 3 in a row on the road, good job.

mgteich said:
It's been a long time since a wildcard team won three in a row on the road to get into the SB. Has anyone done that since the 1985 Patriots?

I don't think they have.

Very impressive what the Steelers did, especially as we sit here watching the Carolina train just completely derail in Seattle. Playing on the road is hard. HOWEVER, in Pitt's case, it may have been a weird advantage considering how the press loves to drum home the fact that they usually don't play well at home. This underdog thing seems to suit them very well.

That being said, "underdog status" alone isn't going to get the Steelers where they got today. They are simply playing as though on fire. Though I will be rooting for Seattle on Superbowl Sunday, I think Pitt will win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes