Welcome to PatsFans.com

WOW!! How Unfair

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Mrs.PatsFanInVa, Nov 7, 2010.

1. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +618 / 12 / -5

#24 Jersey

is this???????

A fifth-grade football team in Missouri is so dominant, they've been awarded the championship trophy by default. 'Morning Express' sports anchor Rafer Weigel examines this strange development. "A fifth-grade youth football team claims it has been banned from the playoffs 'cause they're too good!" Rafer explains. The Sedalia Junior Outlaws went undefeated throughout the regular season, but received an email from officials on the day before the playoffs, excluding the team from participation.

According to Rafer, the email told the team, "You can't play because we don't think anyone can compete with you." Without making even one play in the post-season, officials crowned the Sedalia Junior Outlaws league champions. The team is not happy with the decision, however, because they were looking forward to more games.

Full Transparency - Morning Rush on Mydaily

2. Nikolai

Nikolai Football Atheist PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,000 / 1 / -1

#54 Jersey

Unfortunate for all the teams.

Hmmm...would the 2007 Pats have been happy getting the Lombardi after the the regular season?

3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Funny stuff...
    I thought Missouri was a conservative state, what with Branson and all...And people say Massachusetts is the most liberal state. Looks like everyone is afraid to let their kids feel disappointment and defeat regardless of where you live.

Brace yourselves for the real social tsunami, the rise of the latest generation of spoiled, dillusional Americans. They will get less and less able to deal with problems and failure. We are screwed.

4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

40 years from now the kids who do play in this year's playoffs won't remember a thing. The members of the team that got 'banned' will remember being too good forever.

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +808 / 2 / -9

Two Liberal Football Teams Playing Against Each Other:

Home Team:
    Coach "hi guys, first lets bow our heads and say a little prayer of thanks for Barbara Boxer and Eleanor Roosevelt sob, sob, OK, now I have some very important news that just came to my attention, I'm very excited over it in fact I must admit, I'm getting a little aroused, blush blush, I have been informed that Number 9 on the team we are playing aginst today, is part Greek, Eskimo and African American his name is (George Washington, Zorba, Joshua, Mumik Abraham Lincoln Smith) now get this, his great great great Grandmother was a Slave so whenever he gets the ball let him make a touchdown, after he dances and prances under the goal post I want you all to take turns having simulated sex with him and remember, Eleanor Roosevlt is looking down on you today and she has on her face her most liberal do-gooder simpering slopping Grin, it is the grin that most liberals spend hours practicing in front of their bathroom mirror"

Opposing Team:
    Coach "hi guys, now bow your heads and repeat after me, god bless Eleanor Clift, god bless Phil Donahue, Amen.
    "OK listen up, let the new guy carry the ball as much as possibe, he's part Eskimo"

NOW LET'S GET EM KILL KILL KILL

:bricks:

(UTI)

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
  6. Chevy

Chevy Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0

Ok ... You owe me a new keyboard! I just spit coffee all over mine .... :eek:

7. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

This is one of those situations where I would have to hear from the other side to see if there is any legitimate reason behind this decision. I know when I was that age, any 5th grader who was far above and beyond the others in size or ability would be moved up a level.

I'm certainly not one of those parents who wants everyone to get a trophy and all games end in a tie, but having competitive balance is best for all involved - especially in a sport as physical as football. So I withhold judgement without hearing the opposing case.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2010