PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WOW Has there ever been an NFL off season like this one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenepatsrule

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I have been following football for about the past 15-16 years of my life and i dont seem the remember any year where there was so much coverage/controversy related to the NFL after the SB...it was always March madness the NBA and the MLB .....this year everything seems to have taken a backseat with the whole Peyton Manning deal, Colts,BountyGate, Tebow, Andrew luck vs RG3............. this year somehow doesn't feel like previous years where i would eagerly wait for the Draft or Preseason to begin, This year it seems like it truly is FOOTBALL 365 days a year.................

Does anyone know of any NFL offseason like the one we are having this year?

Best offseason ever

Watching the Jets and Fins implode is just the best. The PAts are having a great offseason so far.

Only thing marring it is that the Bills are having a pretty good offseason so far.

Watching the Jets and Fins implode is just the best. The PAts are having a great offseason so far.

Only thing marring it is that the Bills are having a pretty good offseason so far.

Couldnt agree more, The NFC seems to be relatively quiet when compared to the AFC............

Last edited:
Sure hasn't been much of a lull this year--big news every day for the last two weeks..and more ahead. Then there's the draft. Very interesting for dependent football fans like me.

It's been great! So many stories to follow, watching the Fins and Jests fight to win the "least competent FO in the league" competition, Peyton, Tebow... and the draft is only about a month away!

I have been following football for about the past 15-16 years of my life and i dont seem the remember any year where there was so much coverage/controversy related to the NFL after the SB...it was always March madness the NBA and the MLB .....this year everything seems to have taken a backseat with the whole Peyton Manning deal, Colts,BountyGate, Tebow, Andrew luck vs RG3............. this year somehow doesn't feel like previous years where i would eagerly wait for the Draft or Preseason to begin, This year it seems like it truly is FOOTBALL 365 days a year.................

I thought that it was called "March Madness" because of stuff like this in the NFL and MLB.. No clue what else it could be for..

NFL off-season > most any other sport's regular season

Excepting years where CBA issues were on the forefront (i.e. last year) I cannot remember this much of a frenzy prior to the draft.

Of course, like the old saying goes, the teams that make the most news in March are usually not still around in January.

Last edited:
Best offseason I recall in the recent past and when you roll in the Jesters self destruct.....absolutely wonderful!

I hate the time between the combine and the draft. Soooooooooo boring. :sleeping: But this year is different.:popcorn: Could have done with a little less Manning though.

I really don't ever remember an offseason like this one. Something major happens every other day. What's next? There are so many storylines to look forward to going into the 2012 season.

We have one of the biggest non-draft off-season stories ever: Bountygate.

We have another of the biggest -- Peyton.

We have a lively draft season, just because of the trade for the #2 pick.

Manning even aside, we have a not-dull FA period -- Williams and Ryan leaving the Texans would have been a big story most years.

Other years we've had CBA issues, crime waves, team moves, and/or growing awareness of concussion issues. But I agree that this off-season has been pretty dramatic so far.

This makes up for last year's boring offseason. Lockout, lockout, lockout, lockout... ugh.

And it's not even the draft yet!

It's been fun and ever the commercial...errr baseball station (WEEI) has had to cover it.

The other top off seasons were when the Patriots got Moss/Welker and the off season when they got Corey Dillon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes