Welcome to PatsFans.com

Wow, British Media Really is Anti-American

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by BelichickFan, Nov 28, 2006.

1. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +249 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

This article is so biased it's nuts :

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2006/11/29/cndollar29.xml

"US house prices fell 3.5pc to an average $221,000, the third month of declines."
    My comment : After huge growth in housing. This is just a natural pullback after huge gains.

"In a rare piece of good news that helped calm Wall Street after the equity rout on Monday"

My comment : Wow, we're in trouble. We had a one day route. Oh my God, the S&P 500 is only up 13% for the year. And a rare piece of good news ? We've had almost nothing but good news, economically, for months not. Did they mention our low unemployment ? Or our stock surge ? Or our very good average salary increase ? No but they did mention ONE DAMN DAY.

"David Lereah, chief economist for the US National Association of Realtors, said there might be light at the end of tunnel for the housing market, citing a slight rise in transactions."
    My comment : Light at the end of the tunnel ? I suggest they look at the housing market from January 1 to December 31 and see how it looks. A pullback after a huge rise is not a disaster.

That article makes no sense. Sure, the deficit is an issue in terms of the dollar, etc, but they overreached in a nutty way. Investments, whether stocks or real estate, are strong and will have had a great 12 months. And, yet, they nit pick about ONE DAY in the stock market and a short period of housing. How about strong earnings for months ? Rising wages ? Almost no unemployment.

Unbelievable.
  2. Seymour93

Seymour93 Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The Telegraph's nickname is the Torygraph. It has a reputation for pushing an agenda. A right wing agenda. If you want news from reputable British sources read the Guardian or read/watch BBC News.
  3. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Reputable sources? The BBC? You really need to take the blinders off buddy.

BBC admits: We are biased on religion and politics

Internal corporation memo on ‘impartiality’ summit leaked to British media exposes truth on BBC bias

Hagit Klaiman Published: 10.23.06, 16:10

LONDON – The British Broadcasting Corporation has been struggling for several years against criticisms and claims of biased reporting concerning the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and distorted coverage of the global fight against terror.

Following a diplomatic incident with Israel, the BBC appointed an editor known for his objective reporting, however, the true stance of the corporation’s editors remained the same.

An internal memo, recently discovered by the British media, revealed what the BBC has been trying to hide. Senior figures admitted in a recent 'impartiality' summit that the BBC was guilty of promoting Left-wing views and anti-Christian sentiment.

Most executives admitted that the corporation’s representation of homosexuals and ethnic minorities was unbalanced and disproportionate, and that it leaned too strongly towards political correctness, the overt promotion of multiculturalism, anti-Americanism and discrimination against the countryside.

Okay to trash Bible, not Quran

A truly shocking revelation to come out of the summit was expected to invoke a storm in Britain, which has already reached the boiling point with regards to the treatment of Muslims and the issue of the veil.

For the purpose of illustration, the executives were given a scenario in which Jewish Comedian Sasha Baron Cohen would participate in a program titled ‘Room 101’, a studio program where guests would be asked for their opinions on different issues, and allowed to symbolically throw things they hated in a garbage bin.

The executives were asked what they would do if Cohen decided to throw ‘Kosher food’, the Archbishop of Canterbury, the Bible, and the Quran in the garbage bin.

The executives said they would allow everything to be thrown in the garbage bin, save the Quran, for fear of offending the British Muslim community.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3318582,00.html
  4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +249 / 7 / -9

#24 Jersey

Meanwhile, yesterday and so far today stocks have almost made up the losses from the "equity rout" on Monday. That article was psychotic. Sure, the dollar weakness is unfortunate. But everything else was just made up crap.
  5. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Personally, I think the Euro's value is greatly inflated. Inflation since the Euro's inception in Europe is alarming. As a person who's spent his summers in Italy since birth, I can attest to the massive increase. In Italy, I used to get 2,000+ Lire per dollar prior to the Euro. A coke would cost 800 Lire or about 40 cents. Now, a dollar only brings me .83 Euro, but a coke costs 1.10 Euro, which is 2,200 Lire. Although simplictic, this is telling of how aweful onflation has been since the Euro's introduction. The problem in Italy is that wages and pensions have not risen accordingly. I know where I am from in southern Italy, it's becoming a very serious problem. All the US needs to do is get its spending in check, and we could see a significant rise in the dollars value.