PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wow...Boston has the worst fans ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Wow..... Boston has the worst fans ever.

Did i say that??? I expect them to put effort into a playoff game and show fire. Only one man did and that was Mr Kevin Faulk.

Dont forget about Elderman. He played awesome too...

I think the boos were more about seeing the Ravens play with more intensity rather than the losing itself.

I think the boos were more about seeing the Ravens play with more intensity rather than the losing itself.

Agreed. Also NJpatsfan your right also Edelman

Supporters of the Patriots have the right to say whatever they want after such an insipid performance. The fact is, Belichick has led the Patriots into their current predicament and is charged with leading this team out of it.

Dear 2000army:

You are a Patriots fans.

you are from Connecticutt.

You assume only people from Boston were at the game.

Can the team, then, be renamed the Boston Patriots. because, evidently, you don't think the fans come from the rest of New England.

I think fans in Boston (well, New England) suck, personally. They're real "good time Charlies" to borrow an expression either from my mother or maybe some 1950s Elvis movie. Pittsburgh has great fans. Cleveland has great fans. The Red Sox have great fans. A few Pats non-playoff years and I think the fanbase would shrink by 66%.
I thgink maybe MORE....I agree with you...and a lot with the OP about the ..."so called" fans...VERY fair weather..and they ened to be called on that as well..Another reason I don't visit the board as much...OR listen to much of the polluted so called Sports talk shows..listening to big mouths who know little..whining with really little substance...

EdelMENSCH, thank you very much.

I agree w/the OP... and I think in broad strokes, the Pats' hierarchy agrees -- in aggregate -- with many of the negative comments here. To their credit, we do not know which ones.

I doubt very seriously they believe that the Missing Mojo Theory or the Disinterested Brady Theory can or should be addressed.

Other less ridiculous clearly can form the basis of what the pieces are for the future. Plus, believe it or not, ideas that you and I have not discussed here (although some blind squirrel probably finds most every nut in this regard -- for example, everybody always wants more pressure on the other guy's QB and less pressure on one's own. Everybody wants to have the other team's corner, when the other team has the premier shutdown corner in the league... to want that player ahead of time is the trick. And for every blind nut that was chanting "Revis Revis Revis!!!!" on draft day, there was someone chanting the name of some clown that's been torched every other play he was on the field.)

Talking about this stuff is what we do. Bear in mind you're talking this smack about the most successful team in the last decade. Yeah there's work to be done. Yeah, you can be sure they're doing it. No, we don't know better... Yeah, we have to talk about it as if we do.

All of these things are givens. It's only the fans that don't get that these are all givens that annoy me.

I should have clarified.... Boston area sports teams fans
Not fans just from boston and not just the NFL

Dear 2000army:

You are a Patriots fans.

Can the team, then, be renamed the Boston Patriots. because, evidently, you don't think the fans come from the rest of New England.

lol @ some of you, the team absolutely deserved to be boo'd because they didn't play with any passion or drive. Brady said it wilfork said it, and how are Boston sports fans terrible. I'm from NJ and I will say that the top four sports cities are Boston, NY, Chicago, and Pitt. And another thing, the 2007 playoffs were as loud as it's ever gonna get so I don't know where this 5 years crap is coming from.

Last edited:

Dear 2000army:

You are a Patriots fans.

I'm not sure they really know where they come from.

I have booed Jim Plunkett....I have booed Steve Grogan.....I have booed Tony Eason.....for a while, it was too bad to boo at guys like marc wilson, hugh millen, and tommy hodson.......bledsoe got his share of boos and now brady

I still have very high expectations of the pat sin coming seasons, but they most certainly deserved to be booed yesterday. the poorest preparation and execution I have seen in a long time. brady actually looked like tony eason out there. and what I fear is that once tony eason began looking like tony eason, he never looked good again.

if the organization blew up the team (not saying they should...not yet anyway), I would lower my expectations, but still boo any time a team underperformed the way it did yesterday......it was simply pathetic

I don't agree with it, personally. That said, those fans paid around $100 per ticket to come out and watch the Pats stink up the field and play with what looked like zero heart. If they want to boo, that's their god given right.

lol @ some of you, the team absolutely deserved to be boo'd because they didn't play with any passion or drive. Brady said it wilfork said it, and how are Boston sports fans terrible. I'm from NJ and I will say that the top four sports cities are Boston, NY, Chicago, and Pitt. And another thing, the 2007 playoffs were as loud as it's ever gonna get so I don't know where this 5 years crap is coming from.

Seattle, Cleveland, Portland, Green Bay, Sacramento... all better than Boston and NY IMO.

I'm sorry Mr. Army but imo that was the most putrid play off performance by the Pats in thirty years. They deserved to be booed with few exceptions there was no passion no heart. Talking about this last game ONLY

If they had played hard that would be one thing, but playing like they did well thats another.

Guess you didn't watch some of the other play-off games that they lost prior to Belichick showing up. This wasn't the worst, by far. Also, its totally disingenuous of you to put in all on the Pats. The Ravens played their arses off. Give credit where credit is due instead of putting all the blame on the Pas players.

BS....I was embarrassed in 07 by how quiet it was in the Razor.

Guess you didn't watch some of the other play-off games that they lost prior to Belichick showing up. This wasn't the worst, by far. Also, its totally disingenuous of you to put in all on the Pats. The Ravens played their arses off. Give credit where credit is due instead of putting all the blame on the Pas players.
Ok give me a playoff game were they played worse...1978?

Last edited:

Seattle, Cleveland, Portland, Green Bay, Sacramento... all better than Boston and NY IMO.
Seattle....Portland.....Sacramento...Sacramento....:confused:

Seattle....Portland.....Sacramento...Sacramento....:confused:

Not Sacramento! What an idiot. I meant Oakland, in particular the Golden State Warriors fans.

Gillette is the quietest stadium in the NFL .... the Boo's yesterday were louder than any of the cheering in the past 5 years. Sad.

infortunately you are right
and i agree with Patjew too (Pit, Cle, Gb but also Kc and many more...)

These players are all grown men and professionals who are paid well to play football.

I think part of the reason they are paid well is because they will get immediate feedback on tehir performance from coaches, media, fans.

Bad fans are ones who are quiet and not interested. Good fans are passionate and care.

Tom Brady said it best..they deserved to be booed yesterday...they are professionals and can take it

it is not a high school sporting event

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back