PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WOW Bill Polian

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has nothing to do with his like or dislike for the Patriots and everything to do with the NFL universally agreeing that continued discussion of this tired subject brings nothing good to the league or any team in it.

i'm not sure i agree with your choice of the word "universally," but otherwise I agree that objective people with the league's best interests at heart want this to go away. belichick has been a good soldier and taken his punishment without squealing on anyone else, but neither he nor bob kraft will allow what they have built to be torn down without taking a lot of other folks with them should it come to that.

LOL, yeah, I bet he's satisfied. The Patriots lost a 1st round pick for something that Polian considers legal. If he didn't consider it legal, he would have never approved the hiring of Howard Mudd, the dean of illegal videotaping.

I knew that Mudd was considered a master at stealing defensive signals, but I didn't know he was considered the dean of "illegal videotaping"....

Last edited:
Leeeerrrroooooy Jeeeeeennnnkkkkkinsss! :bricks:

Napolian saying what he did can only mean one thing to me. He must have a walkin closet full of skeletons he doesn't want found.

good for Polian. First thing I have ever liked that he said

He's being gracious since the Pats ended up 18-1 without a title. It's like he's laughing inside, thinking "These poor bastards choked away history, so I'll cut the poor saps some slack and lay off the spygate thing."

Regards,
Chris

I don't even think he is cutting us any slack...although I agree he loves that we went all the way through the league and LOST the SB.......but he does NOT WANT a can of worms opened up ON HIS ACTIVITIES (IE piped in crowd noise.....let's revisit this again shall we Bill.......how about turning up the heat in the dome Bill? Word is your team practiced all week under those conditions.....then you pull that unsportsmanlike crap on the opposition.......and that is probably the tip of the iceberg.....right Mr. Polian? Face it.......Bill Polian is NEVER going to cut the Pats any slack.....UNLESS it BENEFITS him!!! F' Polian!!!!

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

I have to say that I am extremely surprised by his comments. :eek:
I thought that he would be ready to chop the Patriots into a million pieces.

He's like Louie in Casablanca. "He's shocked SHOCKED to find out this was going on." And for those who haven't seen it Louie was actually engaging in what he was "shocked about." Polian lives in a glass house with big speakers and he's not going to throw any stones.

He's like Louie in Casablanca. "He's shocked SHOCKED to find out this was going on." And for those who haven't seen it Louie was actually engaging in what he was "shocked about." Polian lives in a glass house with big speakers and he's not going to throw any stones.

Euuu I just noticed that was my 3000th post.:rocker:

This has nothing to do with his like or dislike for the Patriots and everything to do with the NFL universally agreeing that continued discussion of this tired subject brings nothing good to the league or any team in it.

I'm sure it has something to do with the fact that I'm a fan of Arrested Development and the Anal-Rapist, Tobias Funke/David Cross - but when it comes to football Tobias consistently makes my point before I do.

The path of this "investigation" has been clear for awhile - and I and others have gone to great lengths to point out that nearly ALL teams over the last 50 years have been implicated in "cheating" of some sort or another.

Everyone knows this but all the NFL teams are really hoping the general public doesn't catch wind of this. Everyone was shocked and appalled to learn that the Patriots were stealing signals - they all called this "cheating" but then it was learned that the NFL actively approves of such "cheating" by all teams to ensure an even playing field.

The last thing they want is to see story after story about how Herm Edwards would cheat by using stickum long after it was banned or how the Bears engaged in espionage, filming other teams practices etc. etc. etc.

Even Senator Specter I believe finally realized that what impact his hearings would have on the NFL if they had continued and pulled the plug on his investigation.

My first thought was a 'what a pleasant surprise' but then what else can he say? It's time to circle the wagons and have everyone on the same page when it comes to handling this issue and the media. So, I am not that surprised.

You guys should listen to the Bill Polian show sometime on the Colts website--it's creepy, the callers are hilarious. Here are some of my fav quotes from Polian, some of them from the radio show

"Break his leg."

(In reference to Flutie being put in the last two minutes of a Nov 2005 game at Foxboro on Monday night)

"The Patriots time is over, it's our time." January 2007

When asked about Tom Brady and his success this year

"You have to get a hand in the face of any NFL quarterback, it's like he's waiting for a bus back there"

Polian on his radio show after the loss to the Pats
"Our defense played great today, we held the Patriahhts to 24 points, keep in mind this team was averaging 45 points according to whatever the heck the pundits were saying, the most in the history of the world"

Response to Moss' 50 yard bomb play in the 4th quarter against his Colts
"It's the safety's job to get over the top on that one"

Discussing Pats/Chargers
"Lucky for the Patriahts, they won't have to see Rivers or LT, I don't know, kind of their year I guess. Looks like the stars are aligning for them."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back