Welcome to PatsFans.com

Wow...a positive US Troop thread...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by ArmyPatsFan, Mar 23, 2008.

1. ArmyPatsFan

ArmyPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

The first article shows that the soldiers are good and decent, which I think makes total sense, but the fact that the Gurtan village has food and toys delivered by foreign soldiers is hardly good news. At least I wouldn't be happy to see foreign troops doing that in Cambridge.

And the second article says, this: “The present challenges we face are maintaining security, promoting economic growth and stability, while helping Hawr Rajab establish an efficient local government with supporting entities,” said Capt. Gregory Curry II, commander of Troop A, 6th Squadron, 8th Cavalry Regiment.

Once again, it's great our troops are helping out, but again I wouldn't be happy if my country had to depend on foreign troops.

Imagine if in the US we were so divided that we could no longer protect ourselves without the help of foreigners. That's the state of Iraq. That's a dreadful state. The good news will be when our troops start leaving.
  3. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

I don't understand why this hard evidence won't sink on some people brain . The whole world is saying it , 75% of americans are saying it , but nope , 25% are still in denial state.
  4. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +276 / 38 / -4

#75 Jersey

So we should run our military by what the whole world says? I knew it, your John Kerry, I should have realized it much sooner, when you started making up stories about "atrocides" commited by fake US soilders.

Welcome to Patsfans Senator!!!!

You do realize that 100% of the terrorists agree with you.
  5. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Yeah, but they agree with us for different reasons. They think they can win the battle for the hearts and minds of the people; but we think they will lose that war in the same way that the KKK and Stalinists lost here. They are not losing the war that Bush has launched; though they certainly aren't winning either.
  6. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Give it a friggin' rest. Holy hell....
  7. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I just don't understand why you need to turn EVERY SINGLE thread into an anti-Bush rant.

We get that you don't like him and you're against "the war". We get it. We all get it.

And...have you forgotten that a bunch of people flew airplanes into buildings, long before Afghanistan or Iraq? Have you not seen the thousands of people killed in terrorist attacks around the world? Do you not see anything beyond the end of your own hatred?
  8. ArmyPatsFan

ArmyPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Lol....didn't take long for this to turn into a hate Bush anti war thread....thanks for taking it off topic....even the mod jumped in and took a tangent to trumpet a political point. At least someone did recognize the efforts of the troops (for at least the first sentence) instead of thread after thread of bad publicity for the troops.
  9. ArmyPatsFan

ArmyPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

And this has WHAT to do with the thread....oh..thats right it is not negative enough about the troops for you to post anything constructive relating to the thread.....keep finding your youtube vids and troops bashing news threads...:rocker:
  10. ArmyPatsFan

ArmyPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Nem I could care less about your questions...the point of the thread which you were of part of derailing in your typical copy/paste way was to post an article with a positive US troop action rather than the negative Wes Wealker threads highlighting every negative action/reaction done. It was the mod who brought thread to a different tangent in the first place anyway.
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2008
  11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

What is concerning that a positive Troop thread descends into polarization and blame.. all the while they are doing what is expected of them and what they are trained for, often this stuff flies under the radar.. this is good stuff, even though we need not be in Iraq. Actrocities in any war happen, that is a side effect of war.. the answer is to avoid atrocities do not go to war. In any war atrocities happen, man is not a machine and it is impossible in the fog of war to just turn the violence off and on.
  12. ArmyPatsFan

ArmyPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Nem....if you look at any of my posts I never call anyone things like that (go ahead and find it if you can).....if anything I question why every post in here highlights everything US Soldier negative/dead and never highlighting the good things accomplished/done. Rather than saying or commending the actions of trrops who have no control over any of the rant you guys go back and forth on this turns into a copy/paste sermon from you and grandstand from everyone else. I was just throwing a thread out there to see the reaction and it is what it is. What I expected in here.

On to your second well thought out question.....of course all news is news and should be shown. But some in the forum post only the negative aspects of troop actions....(surprised you as a troop surporter do not SEE this....since troops have no control over why/when they are there).....and NEVER on the other side. Point one out to me in the last month if you can. So like I said I balanced it out and see the reactions I got......

Nice assumption that I insisted one side not be shown...I am sure you know what happens when a Nem ass u me something.

Oh...I answer when I want to....not to your demands of NOW.....who are you anyway my wife?
  13. Patters

Ratings:
    +265 / 10 / -11

Liberals tend to look at the troops as victims of a dangerous and damaging foreign policy when it comes to Iraq. The troops are in no way responsible for the decisions of the White House.
  14. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +100 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

Sorry but I look at people like NEM as victims, Victims of believing whatever the Internet tells them, not being able to think for themselves, having someone else, like a blogger or talk radio host, formulate their thoughts or opinions. Not having the free will to disagree with their political party, being the slave to mass opinion. Voting and supporting those who want to wipe out people of their same religion or race. To me that is a victim, NOT A SOLDIER!
  15. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

Yet time and time again the right posts articles from Worldnet.. Newsmax etc. with no other verification of that story, time and time again small stories from obscure blogs are posted as fact... the same goes for the left.. the issue here is how everything becomes politicized and polarized...
  16. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +524 / 6 / -2

It's amazing to me how many people in here hate the military, and the patriots who serve inside it. Truly sad.