PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wouldn't it be great if BB is just messing with the Jests

BTTA

He/Him
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Making them panic about getting access to Sanchez?

i think it would be great if hes doing it to make sure they dont get him. if hes great i dont want to play him 2 times per year

I have a good feeling that if he goes to the jest he will be a bust. jest are horrible at developing QB's!

Peppers unlikely to be traded | CharlotteObserver.com
Barring a dramatic change, Julius Peppers isn't going anywhere.

With draft day Saturday, Peppers, a Pro Bowl defensive end, is still a member of the Carolina Panthers, albeit as a franchise free agent.

No trade is in sight and the team is moving forward with plans that he'll be back next season.

Neither the New England Patriots nor the Philadelphia Eagles, two teams Peppers was interested in playing for, have shown a willingness to surrender the mega-trade package necessary to acquire him from Carolina and give him a top-market contract.

Since Peppers hasn't signed the tender offer he received from the Panthers when they franchised him, they can't trade him under rules of the NFL's collective bargaining agreement.

By not signing the tender before the draft, Peppers was able to make sure the Panthers didn't try to trade him to a team for which he did not want to play.

Last edited:
Maybe he is messing with Buffalo sitting there at #11 and needing an OT. They know BB and Saban are tight and Oher and Smith are both SEC players that Saban knows real well.

Maybe he is trying to coax Modrak into doing something rash.

He does seem to enjoy that kind of game.

I don't know BB, but doesn't it seem he's not the sort to forget ? Looks like he just wants to give that extra little "up yours" to the Jets at every corner. Gotta love it.

Love those : "I work for the NE Patriots, not the other teams..." speech he whips out too. BB. He'll be harder to replace than anyone in Pats history.

Maybe he's messin' with the AFC East collectively........ Wouldn't be the first time! I think BB will move up to 8 if he can, get a deal from whatever team covets Sanchez, then move back for Jenkins or an OT......That's my theory till BB proves me dead wrong! :cool:

I don't know man, Peter King has the Jets grabbing Barwin at 17. Maybe the jets are just messing with this board. :D

Does King really have Barwin going 17 ? I know some of the people on this board are making tiny messes thinking about him, but I find the over-the-top Vrabel comparisons and the "he's a Patriot-type player" talk a little too much. #1, I don't see him in Foxborough, #2 I definitely do not see him going lower than #20 (a number I already consider a stretch).

Does King really have Barwin going 17 ? I know some of the people on this board are making tiny messes thinking about him, but I find the over-the-top Vrabel comparisons and the "he's a Patriot-type player" talk a little too much. #1, I don't see him in Foxborough, #2 I definitely do not see him going lower than #20 (a number I already consider a stretch).

Yeah, here's the link.

Tyson Jackson goes No. 3 to Kansas City Chiefs in NFL mock draft - Peter King - SI.com

Making them panic about getting access to Sanchez?

Why not the media asks you so many dumb questions, why not have a little fun with the Jest. I guess when you have enough ammo to move where,when and how, smokescreens sort of become useless. You don't need to manipulate information to garner resources you just get um'. But then again who does'nt like f$cking with people.......

Tyson Jackson is not going #3 Peter. Pioli is not stupid enough to not trade down even if it meant taking slightly lesser value to get the player he wanted.

Who is he trading with? Not many clubs want to spend the money. I think KC would do great to get Jackson.

I'm not saying he wouldn't be doing great with Jackson. He is one of the best players in this draft with some great upside to go along with the package. But based on the positioning of this draft I would try my best to move down a few slots to a willing taker. Maybe the Raiders?

I'm not saying he wouldn't be doing great with Jackson. He is one of the best players in this draft with some great upside to go along with the package. But based on the positioning of this draft I would try my best to move down a few slots to a willing taker. Maybe the Raiders?

Would you take less than usual to move down?????

Would you take less than usual to move down?????

Yes, because moving down only a couple spots for a drastically below market trade, if you're still certain you can get your guy, 1) gives you more draft picks, and 2) lowers the contract you'd have to pay. It's a smart move, even if you could have gotten more compensation in the past. Better to get something rather than nothing, right?

Yes, because moving down only a couple spots for a drastically below market trade, if you're still certain you can get your guy, 1) gives you more draft picks, and 2) lowers the contract you'd have to pay. It's a smart move, even if you could have gotten more compensation in the past. Better to get something rather than nothing, right?

Agreed. I think the rookie salaries are soout of control that the trade value chart in the upper first round is worthless.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back