PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you want to see 'The Wave' ever return?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
In relation to the post today regarding stadium fans I had this thought today...

Decades ago the fans started 'The Wave' which I am sure all of you remember and I thought it was a cool way to get ALL the fans involved in the game,It definately gave the players a little more incentive/desire to play well in front of its home crowd and gave those in attendance who were not totally in the game a reason to stay awake to join in and make everyone look as if it was one big family in attendance cheering their team on..

Would you ever want to see something like 'The Wave' return?

I would love for the Foxboro faithful to do something like that again,we need something a little special especially in home prime time games..

I would be fine if I never saw the wave again.

Return?

There was at least a partial wave last season during one of the earlier games... I forget which.

Is there some phenomenon in which the wave has disappeared from sports games around the country or is this specifically regarding Pats games? I wasn't aware that the wave ever left.

How can something "return" when it never really went anywhere..? :D

Seriously. I went to Fenway Park earlier this season. We did the wave.

Last edited:
there has been a wave at every college game i have been to.

If I never participate in another wave it will be too soon. I think the wave is a distraction that interfers in watching the game. Too many fans are more interested in keeping the wave alive than what is happening on the field. When I am told to sit down on a crucial 3rd and 4 play while we are on defense because "the wave is coming", I have come to the conclusion that the wave is more of an annoyance than something to motivate the fans or players.

I have watched many,many games last several years,Both College and the pros and have not seen the wave going on in the seats,Maybe I have not been watching as close to notice it or watching games which had not had it?

In relation to the post today regarding stadium fans I had this thought today...

Decades ago the fans started 'The Wave' which I am sure all of you remember and I thought it was a cool way to get ALL the fans involved in the game,It definately gave the players a little more incentive/desire to play well in front of its home crowd and gave those in attendance who were not totally in the game a reason to stay awake to join in and make everyone look as if it was one big family in attendance cheering their team on..

I would love for the Foxboro faithful to do something like that again,we need something a little special especially in home prime time games..

I love the wave, i thinks its really cool to see a sell out crowd all doing it. Its awesome.

NOOOOOOOOOO....it's lame, it's so 1980's........it's Seattle Superdome and it's still at freaking Fenway Park

I will puke on anyone around me that joins in and I go to every game.

The Wave is completely lame and being even SLIGHTLY unaware of that conventional wisdom is almost as embarrassing as the F-ing act itself. Happy Friday!

It's commonly regarded as very cool to hate the wave. Apparently, a good way to establish your sports bona fides is, when someone tries to start the wave, turn to the person next to you and explain in loud terms your disdain for it. Only when you do this, will you graduate to "serious sports fan."
It is typically then appropriate to remind the person next to you about the good old days when movies cost a nickle, women weren't allowed to vote, and men came to ball parks to watch sports only. When the hot dog race comes up on the score board, repeat.

The wave is fun, albeit slightly annoying when used to excess or to overly detract from the game. My opinion, at least.

There's a wave at basically every Rangers game I've been too. I've never seen one at a football game though, as fans are more involved with the action on the field. And I think PatsFaninAZ has hit the nail on the head regarding those who dislike the wave.

I don't really have an opinion on the matter.

I don't really care either way.

I thought for a minute that maybe this was a Boston Breakers thread.

I could care less whether the wave ever returns, but I would definitely like to see FOOTBALL return and threads like this one go away! :D

Following the complete abolishment of the wave, we will then be suitably prepared for the return of wearing suits with top hats, canes, and top-coats. The ladies shall again wear gowns with bonnets and parasols.

People look like slobs these days. It's like everyone is those incessant bleacher bums, or worse yet, those wretched overlooking from the tenement rooftops.

;)

Eh, the wave is dumb, but fun...after a few beers, anyway.

The wave sucks. If you don't want to watch the game, stay home.:mad:

My brother and I have effectively stopped waves on more than one occasion. You just stand up and sit down fast when it comes. It's not hard to fool silly drunk people.

Again, if the sporting event is not enough to hold your interest, please stay home and watch American Idol.

Yes, I love the wave. I also would like to see the Sony Walkman make a come back. I have a ton of cassette tapes I haven't listened to in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back