PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you want Brian Schottenheimer if he is available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No no no no no no no no...and no.

O'Brien is fine...more than fine!

Wait. What?
149977-okay_wtf_reaction.gif

Sure -

Hire him as a cheap consultant, mine him for any intel on Jets personnel, occasionally ask him what he'd recommend in a given situation and then do the opposite.

That all seems well worth a few hundred thousand

That there is Cheryl Cole. English pop star and all round sweetheart of the nation. But she talks funny.

I see...so...I'm guessing when you stalk her you wear a lampshade over your head as a disguise??

nice...

This is one of the weirdest topics on this forum ever. As far as I am concerned, the primary reason we need an OC is so that Brady does not waste his time thinking about picking the next play. Bob is doing great... how much greener can the O grass to get...

Doesn't matter who is available,BB prefers growing and promoting from within so no external OC/DC or anyone is coming in whoever it may be.

That there is Cheryl Cole. English pop star and all round sweetheart of the nation. But she talks funny.

We used to feast our eyes on here every weekend as a judge of the X Factor...then she agreed to leave, bugger off to the US for the A Factor's debut out there and then you ditched her before it started due to worries you might not understand her Geordie accent!

You guys missed out...she's hot :p

Last edited:
This isn't a situation where we want another teams trash. Shotty or Schitty as he's referred to on the Jets board is a horrible OC.

Would I want a case of crabs were it available? No!

Some threads I find very interesting. Some I find to be funny. Others I think are aweful.

This one scares me.

Last edited:
Yeah, I want an OC who calls 1 WR routes out of our own endzone. Can we practice squad this thread? Worst idea I've ever heard. This guy abandons the run with his ****ty QB more the BOB does.

This^^^^^^.... That play from the end zone was one of the worst calls I've ever seen, it was dumb, dumb, dumb and it was called by this Schiity guy. It resulted in only what it could result in, a safety. He should never ever be hired here.

O'Brien is coachin his azz off this year. His development and progression is a major story line this year. So, considering that the Patriots already have an elite OC, I wouldn't be very interested.

Although...to have him become something like QC with a bunch of 23 year olds would be pretty funny.

He might make a decent tackling dummy for the first hour or so of training camp.
I think he would be pretty good at carrying water and picking up the locker room too

Last edited:
There are rumblings that the Jets are going to scapegoat Schottenheimer to commit themselves to the Sanchez lie for another year. I've seen a lot of Jets games over the last few years, and I'll tell you that this guy is a very, very good offensive coordinator. The bottom line is that if your quarterback is garbage, there's isn't much you can do. When your QB can't hit easy passes, doesn't see wide open receivers, and has a 55% completion pct mostly on checkdowns, you are in trouble. Looking at guys like Mike Martz, Charlie Weis, and Josh McDaniels should tell you that these coordinators can only be successful with great quarterbacks.

If the Jets do let go of Schottenheimer, I wonder if the Patriots would be aggressive in trying to recruit him either to replace BOB or work in another role with the team; we all know how appealing it is to join the Pats staff because you become in high demand fast under Belichick.

For once, I'd like to see the Pats really stick it to the Jets; Schottenheimer obviously has that team's offense figured out, ala Eric Mangini had our team figured out. Then maybe we could make him captain for the coin toss before we destroy those clowns again.

And for anyone who thinks that Schottenheimer is a "run-first" coach, I disagree. That is just the hand he is dealt in NY in needing to gameplan with one of the worst NFL QBs in the league.

Want him for what?

Remember this thread as the one time almost everyone on Patsfans agreed on something: that this is the dumbest ----ing thread ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes